No announcement yet.

Compare UK dub with the original US English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Character do you think has the worst singing voice?

Originally posted by 20xTime View Post
    Wow! You're right! Stingy's voice does fit the British accent! He kind of sounds like a girl, but that doesn't matter.

Quick question: Is Mayor Meanswell's voice retained in the UK dub or is it changed?
    He's voiced by Sarah Burgess IIRC.

Mayor and Bessie's voices were both kept in the UK version - Bessie's puppeteer/VA is British so it would kind have been unfair/weird to dub her over.

Comment

Originally posted by LagoonaBlue View Post
      He's voiced by Sarah Burgess IIRC.

Mayor and Bessie's voices were both kept in the UK version - Bessie's puppeteer/VA is British so it would kind have been unfair/weird to dub her over.
      No wonder why he sounds like a girl.

Oh, and that's a good thing. I can't really see the Mayor having a British accent. Bessie already has one so I'm glad she isn't dubbed over.

Comment

Would not make sense to dub the mayor

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
          Would not make sense to dub the mayor
          It really wouldn't. His voice is so comical sounding.

Comment

Originally posted by LagoonaBlue View Post
            It really wouldn't. His voice is so comical sounding.
            Yeah. He sounds like a complete sweetie and I just can't imagine his voice being dubbed over. But I can see him being dubbed over in a language that isn't English.

Comment

Originally posted by 20xTime View Post
              Like Sportacus. His accent is nice to hear already. Thankfully the costumed actor's voices are intact.
              It really is lovely. At first, as a kid, it threw me off, but it works well with the narrative of him hailing from outside the town. It makes sense he'd sound different, and that adds a slightly more real angle to Robbie, when he seeks to exile him from the community (even though the town tolerates Robbie's foreign behaviour).

Which reminds me, was this simply Magnus' inability to use an American accent or was it a conscious choice? I guess a better question to ask would be, is this Sporta-voice carried across the live shows (to the extend it can be)?

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
                It really is lovely. At first, as a kid, it threw me off, but it works well with the narrative of him hailing from outside the town. It makes sense he'd sound different, and that adds a slightly more real angle to Robbie, when he seeks to exile him from the community (even though the town tolerates Robbie's foreign behaviour).

Which reminds me, was this simply Magnus' inability to use an American accent or was it a conscious choice? I guess a better question to ask would be, is this Sporta-voice carried across the live shows (to the extend it can be)?
                Most of the live shows I've seen on youtube (well, ones that were done in English speaking countries at least) tend to use actors with American or British accents. I don't know if kids notice. Adults certainly do though.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post

I never really noticed it when I was a kid, but when I looked at LazyTown again I was like "My gosh, his voice is as lovely as I remember it!"

Comment

Working...
                  X