Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Least Favorite Episode

Originally posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
    As much as I dislike this episode, I would say that this being Robbie's favourite song actually does tell us something very significant about him. It supports the theory that Robbie really does like being with the kids, but he can only do it in a disguise, and not as Robbie Rotten. Sad isn't it?

Also, I have a feeling that the writers asked the actors/puppeteers which song they liked the best rather than thinking of the actual characters.
    Exactly what I was thinking. It implies that Robbie actually has fond memories of singing that song and just fooling around as a pirate with the kids, which is really sweet, especially in the context of Stephanie just having been friendly with him when she wanted to know his favourite song too.

Your theory might actually hold up, I know Stefán said his favourite song was You Are a Pirate at least (as late as in 2016). But I always sort of figured they picked the songs they did partly to be representative of the characters and partly just to get a good mix so not every choice ended up being obscure. All the songs in the episode, while not necessarily the best, are catchy, happy and share the LazyTown spirit. Heck even You Are a Pirate, despite being a Robbie song, isn't contradictory to the show's message: "Run and jump all day!"

To answer the question about my least favourite episode though, definitely Sportacus on the Move. That episode is the only one I can say is just "boring", other ones can be less entertaining but still have good parts, such as Hero for a Day.

Comment

Originally posted by RecipeForStephanie View Post
      I don't think I have any episodes disliked completely. There's just some aspects from some episodes that I don't like, but don't completely change my opinion of the episode in general.
      I agree with you.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
        Exactly what I was thinking. It implies that Robbie actually has fond memories of singing that song and just fooling around as a pirate with the kids, which is really sweet, especially in the context of Stephanie just having been friendly with him when she wanted to know his favourite song too.

Your theory might actually hold up, I know Stefán said his favourite song was You Are a Pirate at least (as late as in 2016). But I always sort of figured they picked the songs they did partly to be representative of the characters and partly just to get a good mix so not every choice ended up being obscure. All the songs in the episode, while not necessarily the best, are catchy, happy and share the LazyTown spirit. Heck even You Are a Pirate, despite being a Robbie song, isn't contradictory to the show's message: "Run and jump all day!"

To answer the question about my least favourite episode though, definitely Sportacus on the Move. That episode is the only one I can say is just "boring", other ones can be less entertaining but still have good parts, such as Hero for a Day.
        My other theory is that everyone already knows every lazy town song, as if there is a list to choose from; how else does Trixie know Spooky song if she wasn't even in the episode?? There are exceptions of course, one being Ziggy not knowing Twenty Times Time before the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
          My other theory is that everyone already knows every lazy town song, as if there is a list to choose from; how else does Trixie know Spooky song if she wasn't even in the episode?? There are exceptions of course, one being Ziggy not knowing Twenty Times Time before the episode.
          I know!!! Pixel records everything in LazyTown, right? He probably has cameras everywhere. This is supported by the fact that in this episode he says he has No One's Lazy in LazyTown on his computer and proceeds to start the video. He also has The Mine Song like we saw in PixelsPix. So it's possible that he recorded Spooky Song and uploaded it to PixelsPix which he used to show it to Trixie. Another possibility is that some of the songs are sung in LazyTown on a regular basis, since Cooking by the Book is in two different episodes for example, and maybe Spooky Song was sung in a different context where Trixie was present that we just didn't get to see.

Lol, all this trouble to try and explain logical inconsistencies and continuity errors in a kid's show. The whole reason they even made the episode was that they were struggling to produce enough content xD

Comment

Sportacus On The Move, definitely. It's literally just reusued footage with Magnus commentating over it.

Comment

Mystery of the Pyramid because it brought the end of Lazytown. :(

Comment

Who's Who. It was nothing but a sterile rewrite of Sportafake. Oh, and Stephanie never got her medal back.

Comment

Originally posted by LaZboi View Post
                  Oh, and Stephanie never got her medal back.
                  Hahahaha! I never noticed that before. I assume the mayor or Sportacus made Robbie give it back at some point after the episode finished ;)

Comment

Probably have to go with ghost stoppers...the song was forgettable and the plot wasn't interesting. I would have to choose Sportacus On the Move for the earlier seasons, I don't think I dislike any of them that aren't flashback episodes

Comment

I think season 1 and 2 and season 3 and 4 both deserve attention on their own since they're quite different to one another, really.

Of season 1 and 2, i'd probably say Play Day is my least favorite. Feels like two short episodes combined into one, and they're not even all that fun. The cowboy part was fine, but the 'wild beasts' part makes me feel many different kinds of embarrasment. It's not great.

Of season 3 and 4, Baby Troll is far and away the worst episode. The trolls are completely out of place in the series, the random hints towards the past feel super forced, and worst of all, the problem could've literally been solved without Sportacus as Stephanie had the solution in her hands at one point. It's awful.

Let's Go To The Moon also isn't particularly great, the writers make it seem as if bullying Robbie for no real reason is favorable, therefore going against the actual morals of the show. For the rest it isn't as bad, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

Of Season 1, Cry Dinosaur was a terrible episode. Sportacus, a SUPERHERO, afraid of extinct creatures?
                        Of Season 2, The Lazy Genie. Just dull and boring.
                        Of Season 3, Chef Rottenfood. It was just an excuse for more Minor characters.
                        Of Season 4, I would say the finale.
                        MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                        X