• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Karl Doing a Reddit AMA

Reddit AMA With Stefan Karl
    January 16, 2016

My short bio:
    Many of you know me from my role as Robbie Rotten from LazyTown.
    Others may have seen me playing the Grinch in the nationwide touring show. I've recently undergone major cancer surgery.
    I wanted to talk to you directly and let you ask me about my fight, my shows -- anything you like!

If you'd like to join me in my battle, please visit: https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk

My Proof:

chriscrow3: Hi Stefan, I want to ask you about the different Robbies that you've played over the years. How would you describe the Robbie Rotten that you played in Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ, and how would you compare and contrast that character to the Robbie Rotten in the LazyTown television series?

ClarkStreetGang: There is of course a huge difference between the stage character Glanni Glæpur and the TV character Robbie Rotten even if they are obviously related ;) Robbie was more silly and less evil and more magical.

mommy2brenna: Hi Stefan, my daughter loved LazyTown when she was younger! Does the physicality of the show take a toll/cause many injuries?

ClarkStreetGang: No serious injuries, minor scratches only... and I had to stay fit for the physicality of the character obviously.

IDrewTheDuckBlue: Did you ever find it challenging to play a role with such an extreme personality? Is there a certain way to prepare for an over the top kind of character like that as apposed to a character with a more "serious" personality? Thanks hope all is well!

ClarkStreetGang: There is no difference in preparing for Robbie Rotten or any classical serious role.... ;) Every part you prepare for you have to be honest and truthful and wholly believe that the character exists – otherwise no one will accept your acting. Kids are a demanding audience and they KNOW when something is untruthful.

Jantra: Hello! Thank you for doing this, and all of the luck in defeating this cancer! I admit to being a bit of an older viewer but this show made me grin. I have to ask - how long did it take to get into makeup for Robbie Rotten? Can you walk us through a bit of the process?

ClarkStreetGang: Two and a half hour every day from 7am to 9am I was in the make up chair. Sometimes I managed to sleep though – which was nice. The make-up process is on youtube. Hope you enjoy watching ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOj_X4GvN24

Jantra: That was incredible to watch as someone who loves theater makeup. Thank you so much! (Also incredibly impressed you could sit through that every day!)

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you. The makeup artist Chad was a very talented and a great guy.

TheSentinelBlue: Hello Stefan!
    How was the Lazytown Cast and what were some of your favorite moments with them?
    On another hand, I thank you for playing the ultimate (good) bad guy.

ClarkStreetGang: The entire cast was fantastic. My favorite moments were when we were improvising between takes. A lot of jokes that were created in those moments became highlights in the episodes.

megamindbrian: How do you remove heavy metals from the body?

ClarkStreetGang: You need a massively huge magnet and an equally massive person to hold the magnet. No I didn't say Magnus. :)

hyperfoxeye: What is your opinion on the "cooking by the book"lazytown song featuring lil jon? For reference :https://youtu.be/G5KxZ5Lc_YA

ClarkStreetGang: Just watched it! Interesting...;)

MK8025GAS: I just want to wish you all the best and a quick recovery!

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you.

BlueRedLeaveEmDead: Question from my little sister: Did you ever get jealous of sportacus for doing all those flips ?
    Little sisters love the show but hate you.... Lol

ClarkStreetGang: No ;) extremely thankful that I didn't need to do them ;)

BlueRedLeaveEmDead: I'm not even going to lie, I enjoyed that show bc it actually taught a good lesson.
    Good luck w/ your fight and don't give up brother !!

lazytownmemes: Hello Stefan! I run Lazy Town Memes on facebook, its a Lazy Town fanpage (we have 73k likes and growing ) we helped to raise awareness for your fund (we estimate we helped raise 1k+ YAY) and many of our fans have donated to you and pray you get better.
    I gotta know, do you know about your internet meme status, if so how do you feel about it?
    Much love, both Admins <3

ClarkStreetGang: Well my daughters have recently informed me of the Lazy town meme trend. I was pleasantly surprised and I have enjoyed the incredible creativity.

lazytownmemes: Haha that was us bringing back Lazy Town memes, we didn't expect it to spread like it did! Without a doubt everyone loves Robbie more than any other character and how could they not? Hes number one and relatable! We will continue to spread word of your gofundme. We might run a page for laughs but to us your health is no laughing matter.
    Stay strong!

_Derpy_Dino_: Hi Stefan! Wow, what a coincidense! I was having a project for Spanish 3, where I had to draw someone from a show and describe their appearance in spanish, and I drew you!
    What I want to ask, what was your favorite disquise that you wore in the show?

ClarkStreetGang: So many of them -- dressing like Sportacus was fun, that was in season one and we had a lot of fun doing those scenes.

NinjaHDD: Bless your heart Stefan, you'll get through this, all my wishes are for you to get better. Also during LazyTown, did fans recognize you in public as Robbie?

ClarkStreetGang: Very rarely but always pleasant. Fortunately I look a little less crazy than Robbie ,)

NinjaHDD: Yea most actors will look more sane IRL than their characters. Although we redditors recognize you. LazyTown was part of my childhood, thanks so much for acting as Robbie! Also I hope you feel better Stefan!

AdultishChil: What was it like working on such a fun and imaginative show?
    I loved watching it, every character was so wonderful and I wish my niece had been born earlier so I could have enjoyed watching it with her instead of feeling like a weirdo 20 something watching it by myself.
    I wish you all the luck in the world with your fight, and have high hopes that you will come out of this stronger than ever!

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you for your kind words.

ZigglesRules: How creamy was that creamy cake you made?
    That's always been and will be one of my favorite quotes.

ClarkStreetGang: Shaving creamy...It was actually shaving cream they used for the cake. Once I had to eat a piece of the cake so they used actual spray can cream. It tasted horrible – so I looked at the can...it had expired years ago...

TheMimicer: Hi Stefan, hope your doing well! I was just wondering how your perspective on life has changed after you got diagnosed.
    What do you think about?
    What did women (or people in general) think when you told them you were on lazy town?
    What's your best joke?

ClarkStreetGang: Being diagnosed with cancer is terrifying. I have undergone a very aggressive and successful surgery and I am hopeful that I will get through this. Thank you for asking. I think about what is important and what not. I do not fear death as I cherish life too much.
    Well, Lazy Town has received world fame...Its not like I have walked around telling people that I was on this show ;) Kids were funny when they found out I was the guy playing Robbie and sometimes a little scared.
    My best joke...I don't think I have an answer to that ...

The_Zanclean: Hi there Stefan.
    How enjoyable would you say working with the cast on your TV show has been over the years? What have been the most significant changes in your life since becoming a part of this career?
    Wishing you all the best, as you were a part of my childhood! You made me laugh so much! <3

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you! Well, everything changes when you are on a hit TV show but at the same time you still have the same friends, the same family, the same responsibilities. Still have to sweep the floor and do laundry!

Robbierottennumber1: Robbie rotten is god ❤️ so what do your plan to do after you recovery and has your fight in any way changed your view of things? Xx lots of love and support

ClarkStreetGang: I have to focus on my recovery in the next year. I want to raise awareness to this rare cancer that I have. Getting diagnosed with a life threatening cancer is terrifying, a lot of emotions go through your mind...It is tough, but I am optimistic that I will get through this.

JuicyMemeSock: Hi there Stefan, I've heard about your battle and wanted to let you know we're behind you all the way always :)
    When first starring as Robbie Rotten, did you have any idea how popular the show would one day become? Or was it just like any other role?

ClarkStreetGang: I had no idea that it would be so HUGE. None of us knew.

chriscrow3: Do you think Robbie would like carrot cake?

ClarkStreetGang: The key word is "cake." Robbie would eat cake if it had sand in it.

Cheesecake390: I'm a big fan. I watch your show with my children instead of just letting the t.v. basically babysit them. Love your character bro. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't watch it with them.
    How much creativeness did they let you improvise into your character?

ClarkStreetGang: A good script was always my guideline but there was plenty of room for improvisation in every scene.

CeeZee2: Are you aware you're currently a quite big meme?
    Here are some examples
    Meme 1
    Meme 2
    Meme 3
    If you are unaware what a meme is (some people are), it's basically a joke about the character/person portrayed but in a nice way, like an inside joke that a lot of people know is the best way to explain it.
    Or by google they say "an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations."
    Sorry to hear about the cancer btw bro :(

ClarkStreetGang: Yes, I've seen these lately. It's funny to see them because when we first did those scenes, they meant something completely different. And now fans take them and twist them into new things. I take it as a compliment, it means that our show was able to mean something to people.

purplestplaces: Hi Stefan! I adore the work you've done, and I hope you'll be able to get through these hard times as quickly as possible. The only question I have is: do you still play the accordion? :)

ClarkStreetGang: Yes I do, when I am in the mood.

Slayer5049: Hi Stefan, me like many others grew up watching lazy town. Is there one particular moment on set that you will remember always?

ClarkStreetGang: So many...I will never forget hanging from that billboard...22 feet up in the air...with no security line...I was so scared ;)

dirtygoodking: Heya Stefan! Me and my friend Robbie are huge fans of you, (and lazy town memes) We were wonder what your workout routine was like during your time as Robbie Rotten? We hope you get better soon!

ClarkStreetGang: Going to the gym when I had the time. Getting good sleep and trying to eat healthy. Sometimes I managed to to this all pretty routinely sometimes not... Thanks for the well wishes.

RivenMainOCE: Hey Stefan, I hope you're recovering well, I wish you the best of luck!
    Im 18 years of age and I never grew up watching Lazy Town, but about 2 years ago my little half brother (son from my father's new relationship) was completely ADDICTED to Lazy town. So one day he convinced me to put it on the TV for him and I sat down and watched it with him. As a 15-16 year old at the time, it sounds silly but I enjoyed watching it with my little brother and it gave me some memories of sitting on the lounge with him, watching you on TV and seeing him laugh at every thing you did. Robbie Rotten was his favorite because even at a young age he thought it was a good idea to be a little different from the rest.
    My question, is there any explanation or description of the feelings or emotions you have when fans or children tell you how much they love your performance/acting in the show?

ClarkStreetGang: Deep gratitude. Entertaining and making kids laugh is my favorite thing.

mrseanjc: What's your favourite kind of sandwhich?

ClarkStreetGang: ham and cheese

retro-n-new: What Robbie Rotten song did you enjoy performing most?

ClarkStreetGang: You are a pirate...of course! ;)

skeddles: Hey, I was a huge fan of lazy town. Even though I was in high school when it was on. Your character was super funny, and very lovable for a villain. I especially loved the music.
    What's your favorite lazy town song?

ClarkStreetGang: You are a pirate...of course! ;)

heywagz: Hi Stefan! I'm a huge fan, and as an aspiring animator/actor your artistry always inspires me! I was wondering... what advice you would give to young artists? your mastery of comedy, timing, physicality and character is truly amazing. Sending much love and healing thoughts your way! ❤

ClarkStreetGang: Watch the great... Buster Keaton, Charles Chaplin, Harold Lloyd and Wile E. Coyote. These are the best teachers out there.

brotherino: Hi Stefan! Sorry about your cancer, I hope you'll pull through. So, do you think Robbie looks like Morrissey? And what are your opinions about Morrissey and the smiths?

ClarkStreetGang: Ha! there is a slight resemblance. Robbie is more handsome!

Matteomakespizza: My father was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2 months ago. He's been getting chemo and is about to have the Whipple Surgery performed. His surgeon performs over 50 of them a month so the hopes are high despite the terrible statistics. Remember the goal is 5 years. But what advice would you give to me to be as supportive as possible?

ClarkStreetGang: Oh dear, I am sorry to hear this. My family and I have only had under a month to get used to the idea of me having cancer. I had whipple on the 4th and I am recovering incredibly well. My wife and I have had long talks about the situation and we are realistic about all possible outcomes. You have to be optimistic and hopeful and take care of yourself so you can support your dad. He will need it. Don't wear a sad face, enjoy every moment as fully as you can and have someone you can talk to. We have to live fully always – even in dire times. Hoping everything goes well for your dad. Love to you and your family

hyperfoxeye: The whipple sounded much more light hearted and fun than what it actaully is

ClarkStreetGang: It is a huge surgery. No play in the park, but I am recovering well.

THE5936: Hey Stefan! Me and my friends really hope you get better! I was wondering if the role of Robbie Rotten had any impact on your life, personality, outlook, etc.? Thanks, and get well soon!

ClarkStreetGang: Sure. Robbie was a big part of my life for 15 years. I love the guy and getting the opportunity to entertain kids on a global scale was and is very important to me. Kids are the future.

MopManMoss: Hello Stefan :), Recently you have been compared to Morrissey of The Smiths both physically and musically. What do you think of the comparison? Flattered perhaps?

ClarkStreetGang: Funny.

milena_barshatskaya: Hello, Stefan! My name is Milena, I'm from Ukraine. I would like to say thank you for an amazing characters that you played. I saw LazyTown like about 9 years ago and I became a big fan of your character Robbie Rotten. You're such a talented person! You made me laugh so many times! I just wanted to say thank you and please get well soon!! I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart. Really. I hope some day you could give me an autograph. I did a little artwork of your character Robbie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBMp5DCTe9U And I posted a link to your gofundme everywhere I can. I translated this text to russian and posted it for your russian and ukrainian fans. I really hope that it will help. Hugs from Ukraine. Get well soon! Interesting to know how do you feel right now?

ClarkStreetGang: You are talented! Keep up the good work...Art heals the world. I feel ok, I am recovering from surgery and preparing to do adjuvant chemo...I am optimistic that I will recover fully even if that it will take a loooooong time.

DoubleDutchies: Hi Stefan! Kids don't usually like the bad guy so much, in this case Robbie Rotten. Sportacus and Stephanie are the heroes and in the live shows it's them they look up to and want to meet, backstage. From what we saw backstage and from photos it's sometimes difficult for kids to come near you (and like shaking hands) when you are dressed as the character Robbie, because they are a bit affraid of that character. How do you feel about that?

ClarkStreetGang: Thats perfectly normal to be a little scared of the villain, that is the whole purpose of villain hood. Usually kids would calm down if I spoke to them in my own voice... make believe is magic!

bethmulligan: Hi Stefan! Sorry to hear about your battle with cancer. My brother was on tour with you for The Grinch actually! My question is, what was it like playing such an iconic role on stage? Did it make you nervous in anyway? Lastly, what was your favorite memory while on tour?

ClarkStreetGang: Playing the Grinch has been amazing. Getting to travel across the US and play those big theaters...wonderful. So many memories, hard to choose only one.

Frosty_Seafire: Hi Stefan. Hope you have a speedy recovery. How long did it take to film a full LazyTown episode?

ClarkStreetGang: Everywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks depending on the complexity of the script. Usually a week.

forever_aloe: What was it like to be on the set of Lazy Town? Do you still talk to any of the actors from the show?
    Finally, have you seen of the combination music videos because of Lazy Town?
    Hopefully you pull through and stay healthy, it's weirdly magical seeing you do this.

ClarkStreetGang: The Lazy Town set was a fun work place. I stay in touch with some people thanks to Facebook. Magnus and I meet up every now and then and I am very good friends with the head writer Mark Valenti. I love the compilation music videos. I enjoy when people take Lazy town work and turn it into something new and cool. Thank you.

knowlt: hey robbie, my little sister loved lazytown when she was growing up. what's it like acting on a show with mostly puppets? who's your favorite puppet to work with? best wishes man

ClarkStreetGang: No favorites really, they were all handled by professional puppeteers. We were all dealing with long hours, shooting on green screen, we had music videos, action scenes, etc. A lot of hard work!

JackTheCreature: Hey Stefan, hope you're dealing with things okay! Grew up watching the show, and so did my Mum (I think she enjoyed it even when I wasnt around). What kind of things do you like to watch on TV these days?
    All the best for the future, I've no doubt that you'll win this fight with cancer, so remember you'll be in our thoughts!

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you my friend.

TheSword_JTN: Hi Stefan, I was a big fan of the show during my childhood and I wanted to know how do you feel playing the role of the villain? (although you're the hero in everyones heart)
    Good luck defeating that cancer!
    P.S: Is Robbie's cave as cool in real life as it is in the show?

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you for your kind words. Robbie's cave was on a sound stage in Iceland, and it was huge. A lot of fun to shoot there, and I think many people in the cast and crew enjoyed hanging out there.

RealityDreamZer: Best of luck with your fight Stefan we know you can do it I love your performance and (ironically) energy in lazy town, Do you ever get recognized as Robby rotten? And did lazy town affect your health in any way? (maybe even pushed you into exercising?)

ClarkStreetGang: As a stage actor I have always tried to stay healthy, you can't be on stage seven or more times a week if you are not in good shape. Someone may ask you to climb a billboard!

AskMeAboutRepentance: Why do you like ;) so much?

ClarkStreetGang: Hard to explain ;)

censoredbytheFCC: Hello Stefan!
    Who gave you the idea that your personality and character would suit Robbie Rotten? Did you play along with the role well at first, or did you struggle? Feel better!

ClarkStreetGang: Robbie was a product of many years of thinking and doing. What you see in the TV show is different from his first personality. One of the big challenges playing a part like Robbie is bringing the right kind of energy. You don't want to scare the littlest viewers but you have to bring a certain villain personality with humor.

HiddenMan23: Hello Stefan! First off I want to say thanks for all the years of laughter and fun, as someone who is British and 14 I remember watching Lazy Town since I was 4. The show would always make me laugh, and my favourite parts were definitely when Robbie Rotten changed costumes. Every time he went through all the tubes I literally fainted of laughter! Its been sad to see it cancelled and your cancer battle brought me tears :(. On a happier note, my question is what is it like with the fame? Do you ever get stopped on the street, and does it ever bother you? I finally want to say thank you so much for everything. Lazy town will be one of my favourite shows forever, and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you for your kind words. As many actors have said before me, being famous or well known can be nice or it can be a burden, it all depends on how you look at it. I love my fans - they have come along on this ride with me and have said too many nice things for me to ever count. I am grateful.

autovelox: Hey Stefan!
    Do you know that in these days "We Are Number One" song from Lazy Town is trending more and more around the internet? Did you had fun doing that music video?
    Also I'd like to thank you for your GREAT work in Lazy Town, it will forever be part of my childhood <3
    Remember, WE ARE NUMBER ONE! ;)

ClarkStreetGang: YOU are number one!

AlwaysHungover6080: Hello, Stefan! Without my children, I personally would have never known LazyTown existed. I used to like Sportacus. Now, I like Robbie. My question to you is, were there any time in your life that you could have seen yourself being in LazyTown? Or, did it come unexpectingly? Do you like being in LazyTown?
    Thanks! Leeann

ClarkStreetGang: As an actor in Iceland, I found good training and colleagues in the National Theatre, and none of us could have predicted the kind of fame that LazyTown found globally. When you are an actor or do anything in the arts for a career, your life will take many unexpected twists and turns.

Bmc00: Wow I used to love watching that show with my kids! I always thought you'd probably been inspired by Jim Carey for that awesome character, is that accurate? Stay positive friend!

ClarkStreetGang: Wile E. Cayote was my inspiration and Charlie Chaplin.
    ClarkStreetGang: I started playing Robbie long before the TV show aired, so really he was a creation of many years, changing from this to that as the projects changed. I know he has been compared to Jim Carrey, and that is not bad company :)

chriscrow3: Way deep down inside, what does Robbie really think about the residents of LazyTown?

ClarkStreetGang: “I wish I could be their friend”
    ClarkStreetGang: Robbie was an overgrown kid who needed friends to help keep him on a good path. So to be honest, he was probably thinking more about himself than anyone else!

suicidemouse: I know Lazy Town's message was kind of not this, but I really felt that Robbie Rotten was my childhood's first anti-hero, and I found myself rooting for Robbie more often than the main characters. Many of my friends who also grew up with Lazy Town agrees, did you ever encounter this point of view? Especially when Lazy Town was popular.

ClarkStreetGang: Sure. Rooting for the villain shows you dare. Kids love exercising that power...
    ClarkStreetGang: Older kids liked Robbie because of his mischief but we were always careful to show that he paid the price for his behavior. Now he seems popular because he was so silly, but it's hard to know why some things become admired over others.

Very_Old_Meow: You are one of my absolute favourite people, i truly love your work and was absolutely devastated to hear about the bad news. From the bottom of my heart I hope you're doing alright and continue to do so.
    The rules say I have to ask a question, so I was wondering what your audition for the role was like?

ClarkStreetGang: I didn't audition. I met Magnus (Sportacus) on a plane and he explained the Lazy town concept to me. I was sold there and then.

[b]Very_Old_Meow: That's amazing haha, did you know him before or was he just a stranger to you at the time?

ClarkStreetGang: I knew of him.

Fedtothepigs: Stefan, first off i just wanted to tell you how much joy I've gotten from watching Lazytown. I am in my mid-late twenties and have been a huge fan of Lazytown because of your character. Whenever I'm upset, I watch Lazytown for a good laugh.
    What is your favorite role you've played to date (any film/show)? Can we expect to see you in any upcoming projects?
    Thanks for the all laughs, from alaska. <3

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you for your kind words. For the immediate future I will be playing the role of cancer survivor. I have a long road ahead of me and I realize that I'm lucky my doctors were able to operate. Not everybody with my type of cancer has that option. Now it's all about resting, spending time with my family, getting stronger.

rooowdy: Sorry about the cancer, but I have to ask: Was Lazy Town a mistake in your career?

ClarkStreetGang: No. Lazy town was a big part of my life, sometimes hard but always rewarding.

aRandomOstrich: Best of luck to you man! Your performance was always hilarious to watch; no wonder there's so many memes. Though, all I wanna know is, how the hell did that chin work? What's it even made out of?

ClarkStreetGang: The chin was prosthetics – baked foam latex...weird stuff.

MrBrush: Hello Stefan. What do you think about remixes of song "Villain Number One"? Have you listened to at least one of them?

ClarkStreetGang: Yes I have and I have enjoyed them.

lazytownmemes: I've been dying to know. We have this theory that Robbie Rotten was Number 9 (or used to be a superhero like Sportacus) and that's why he has so many inventions. What do you think?

ClarkStreetGang: Haha! No never a superhero...a third generation of villains and a pretty lousy villain that couldn't hurt a fly.

Tear_of_a_Unicorn: Hello Stefan! What was your favourite song to sing in the series? :)

ClarkStreetGang: Hard to say, we had so many fun ones. The fans seem to like You Are A Pirate the best, if we judge by Youtube hits :)

iHaveAgency: Thank you for raising the profile of shameless over-acting to the heights it deserves! Have you ever done a British Pantomime show? They have been going out of style for at least the last 50 years, but you could possibly change all that.
    And have you ever met John Gilkey, another master of the trade who substitutes acting for speech particularly well? I'm sure you know of him, but if you don't, he had a huge role in Cirque de Soleil's Quiddam. The whole show is worth watching just for his work (a bit like you and Lazy Town).
    Was there a backstory to Robbie Rotten that explained his unhappy personality?
    Lastly, did Juliana enjoy playing her role as Stephanie? In the few non-Stephanie pix I've seen, taken from around that time, she looked surprisingly stoic, almost morose.

ClarkStreetGang: I've always admired the classic comic actors like Chaplin, Dick Van Dyke, Rowan Atkinson. The ones who studied and perfected physical comedy. Playing Robbie and the Grinch allowed me a chance to offer my own humble version of their genius. And really, all of that physical comedy is about the same thing, communicating emotion in a way that touches people.

gracebatmonkey: Hi, Stefan! I hope your recovery and continued battle versus cancer is completely successful and that you get the contributions you need to take the time to heal.
    When you've beaten this cancer, how are you going to celebrate?
    Do you have advice for others who may not have thought about what it means to get a cancer diagnosis?
    Thank you for your complete dedication to an over-the-top character who has given my family so much joy and laughter. Lovable villains are hard to find, and you're one of the very best at making this complex portrayal seem effortless. My daughter knew she was supposed to disapprove of Robbie's shenanigans, but you just made him too wonderful. We also looked up other performances by you because we loved your work that much. Thank you for putting yourself so completely into your craft.

ClarkStreetGang: I am now right in the middle of this new life -- I was only diagnosed less than a month ago and now I've had major surgery and have to start thinking about things in a new way. But I can say that this hard news comes with a lot of love from family and friends. You don't know who your friends are sometimes until you have a hard moment like this. And I very much know who cares for me, including people I've never met who have taken me into their hearts. I'm very grateful.

gracebatmonkey: Not even a month! I know we're not supposed to think of disease as evil, since it has no consciousness, but cancer does seem evil to me. The suddenness of it is a huge part of that.
    May I ask how it was discovered?
    That you can see the beauty inside of the scary and painful parts of this is a good lesson for those of us who might come to this same crossroads. So glad that you are feeling cared for and supported. Vital in getting through the biggest struggles of life!

ClarkStreetGang: I will share that this particular cancer was caught because my wife noticed my eyes were jaundiced. We thought it was something simple but turned out to be not so simple. If you suspect something, always take the time to check it out. Not that you should live in fear but they have lots of ways to deal with problems. Thank you so much for your kindness.

Xamepon: Have you kept up with any of the cast/puppets of lazy town? Wish you the best!

ClarkStreetGang: Of course we are online friends now that the show is over. Remember we shot in my home country of Iceland, and many cast members were from other countries. So we "get together" when we can. But always remain friends.

Appatary8523: Hello Stefan! First of all, you're amazing! Thank you so much for making us laugh so much! I wanted to ask you what do you prefer? Perform for TV or theater? Don't you feel weird dubbing yourself to the Icelandic version? I hope you get better soon! Stay strong and never give up!

ClarkStreetGang: I love the theatre. Dubbing is always weird, making the words in a new language fit the mouth movements. Some people are really good at dubbing. Thank you for your well wishes.

klamonic1: If a movie was made about your life, who would you want to play you?

ClarkStreetGang: Huh! I have no idea ;)

best_teemo_supp: Hæ Stefán! Latibær leikrit og þættirnir eru eitthvað sem mín kynslóð af Íslendingum munu seint gleyma, svo takk fyrir það sem þú lagðir af mörkum fyrir okkur heima og úti :)
    Q: Would Robbie wear briefs or boxers? <3

ClarkStreetGang: takk. Always boxers.

filipus098: hey stefan so i wanted to ask you a meme related question
    how does it feel to be made fun of in memes?(dont take this in a wrong way) do you take is as a good sign and just laugh it out or do you sometimes think that people are going too far?

ClarkStreetGang:it is a good sign. I love when people are creative and some of these memes show true talent and knack for humor.

MadKingConnor: Hey Stefan, I wish you the best of luck in recovery. Lazy town was a part my my childhood and my siblings still watch it. Do you still keep in contact with the other actors from the show?

ClarkStreetGang: yes some of them.

heelycatdaddy: Hey Stefan! Huge fan! and aspiring actor myself. How did you choose to enter into your profession? And what sort of advice would you be willing to give to a young actor such as myself? All best wishes for a speedy recovery!! I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time!

ClarkStreetGang: I wanted to be an actor from a very young age. If you choose acting, stick to it and don't do anything else. Acting is serious business.

heelycatdaddy: Thanks for the response, I've wanted this from a very young age as well. Again best wishes for you in your fight!

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you!

Toxic_mermaid: Hello Stefan, I hope you're doing well. Please keep fighting every step of the way, we all know you can make it through. Despite being in university now, I still watch lazy town as it reminds me there is still good in the world, and robbie's elaborate wardrobe inspires me and my coursework (I study costume) so I kinda want to ask, which was your favourite disguise and which was the worst? Sending love and hugs from England x

ClarkStreetGang: Getting into Robbie makeup was very long every day. I don't really have a favorite, the costume department were so talented, they came up with unbelievable creativity in a short amount of time.

xpixiequeen: Hi Stefan, I'm really glad you're doing fine, I plan on donating on friday! When I found out I ended up printing out a bunch of pictures of you as Robbie and hanging them around town.
    I don't really have a decent question, so Do you like cookies or cupcakes more?

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you. My kids like making cupcakes so I guess that answers the question...

yousicklittlemonkey: I survived cancer myself at a young age and wish you a speedy recovery. I loved Lazy town when I was younger and you were my favorite character, mostly because you were the funniest. I've gotta ask, was it strange talking to puppets, and did they ever creep you out?

ClarkStreetGang: yes it was strange...and sometimes a little creepy... but the puppeteers were great.

piangero: What was your favourite Lazytown-episode to do, and do you have some fun "behind the scenes"-stories to tell?

ClarkStreetGang: Robbie's greatest misses and Pirate episode. Loads of funny stories...difficult to choose.

_soulseller: You're my favorite living physical actor. Who are your favorite physical based actors?

ClarkStreetGang: Charlie Chaplin, John Gleese, Jim Carrey, Dick Van Dyke and Buster Keaton.

amaterakamii: I love your acting, dude. You really did make my childhood when I was growing up. Cancer is heartless, and I'm genuinely sorry it had to affect you. I was wondering if you miss the show at all? It did seem like a lot of hard work, haha. Did you have to work out to stay in shape for your character? (Ironic, I know.)

ClarkStreetGang: No, I do not miss it but I think of this time fondly. Yes I had to stay in shape, but not to the extend as Sportacus.

MetalMettias: Hi Stefan! I'm a bit of an older viewer of the show (20 years-old) and I honestly didn't start watching Lazy Town until a couple of months ago out of curiosity. As soon as I saw your character Robbie Rotten, I fell in love with both the character and the show itself. Even at my age you and the crew put a massive grin on my face. A few of my friends and I have bonded watching Lazy Town and as soon as Robbie shows up we laugh and laugh at how amazing you played that character. ♥ We're all hoping you get better and it's an honor seeing you take time to do this AMA. <3
    My question would be, was it a lot of fun performing the song, "We Are Number One"? Because that is my favorite song from the whole show!

ClarkStreetGang: Performing that song was a hoot! So much fun! We had three icelandic actors that joined me doing this song and we had a blast.

chriscrow3: From the time that you have spent in the US, what do you think are some of the biggest differences between US culture and Icelandic culture?

ClarkStreetGang: Wow big Question. The difference is everywhere. Iceland is aprox. 1000 years older than America. Iceland is a peaceful country with no army. We are 330.000 while the US is 300.000.000. I like Americans, their coolness, kindness and openness. Icelanders are very direct.

thestumpymonkey: Hey man, this was one of my favourite shows as a child, and I was just wondering what your favourite ever episode/scene was? (If you can remember of course).
    Hope you get better soon, stay strong Stefan!

ClarkStreetGang: Robbie´s greatest misses.

Boopity: Hello Stefan, I hope you are doing better every day. Maybe you get tired of hearing it but thank you for your fantastic performance as Robbie Rotten over so many years. You have a wonderful voice as well, I am very partial to your song Reykjavik.
    I was wondering what the experience has been for you acting in different languages. Would you prefer to perform in Icelandic over English, for example? Have there been any difficulties?
    Best recovery to you.

ClarkStreetGang: I hardly spoke English when I got the part of RR. I had a fantastic coach that taught me English and my accent improved over time. performing in your native language is...lets say… more native. ;)

Bloodblitz6121: Hey Stefan. It's Zach, Mark's son. Hoping for the best in your recovery. My question is what kind of acting would you like to do if you had the chance? You've acted in a very successful children's TV series, and you've acted in The Grinch play. Would you want to act in another TV series, or even a movie? Anyway, thanks for doing the Ama. Good luck!

ClarkStreetGang: I would prefer doing movies rather than TV. I love working as an actor.

Bloodblitz6121: Great to hear! The world would benefit greatly if you did more roles in any kind of media.

ClarkStreetGang: Thanks Zach :)

lazytownmemes: I don't speak Icelandic, whats the story behind this video? You are so silly, I was laughing when you got up at the end! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L151PP7ltvA

ClarkStreetGang: This news hour is a satire program. It was just a silly interview.

The_Lion_Paladin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jiv...U59lLA&index=2
    Would you agree with this interpretation that Robbie Rotten is a socialist?

ClarkStreetGang: RR is a humanist! He just doesn't know how to be kind...

Pukwugie: I just wanted to ask have you ever been recognized in public as Robbie Rotten?
    I also want to say thanks for all your hours of content. Thanks again.

ClarkStreetGang: Rarely. Thank you.

A_Crusty_Faggot: Hello. I loved Lazy Town when I was 6 and I now love it ironically. Robbie was the best character on the show! I wanted to ask you about how was you initial reaction when hearing you had cancer, and how were your family told also?

ClarkStreetGang: It was shattering news. My wife and I were together when we were told. Hard news to swallow.

A_Crusty_Faggot: Are you no longer together?

ClarkStreetGang: yes we are ;) Together with the doctor ;)
    ClarkStreetGang: yes we are ;) very much so.

Churchy5: Hey, do you ever reckon you'll get the band back together?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw

ClarkStreetGang: No I do not think so...would be fun though.

Kazzran: Hey Stefan, What has been your favorite role to play?

ClarkStreetGang: RR

lucalucaria: Hi! Do you have a favorite television show to watch? Best wishes! :-)

ClarkStreetGang: Breaking bad. Narcos. Thanks

But_moooom: Oh my goodness i hope this sets you on the road to a full recovery! You are one of my absolute favorite children's show actors ever! Guess since i have to ask a question mine would be, how creepy are those puppets in real life? My oldest son was terrified of them for a while but since i loved watching you he had to deal. Ha ha
    Again, absolutely love you and wish you the fastest recovery possible!

ClarkStreetGang: They were fantastically made but a little creepy...thats true. ;) Thank you for the well wishes.

But_moooom: Thank you for taking the time to answer and please know my kids and i will always have our memories of watching you. So now get better and I'll look forward to your next over the top amazing performance.

ClarkStreetGang: thank you ;)

thoughts-from-alex: Really sorry to hear this - used to watch the show with my younger sister, always thought you were brilliant. I really hope everything goes alright for you in the end.
    What prompted you to get into acting?

ClarkStreetGang: I started acting as a kid in school, I was determined to be an actor from a very young age. Thank you.

Celloboy123: Hey, Stefan. 19 and still loves Lazytown ;) I'm so relieved that you're healing, and I wish you all the best in the future. Question, do you have a favourite Robbie disguise?

ClarkStreetGang: Miss Roberta!

JoanOfStark: Good evening Stefan. I hope that this AMA will raise your spirits. What's your favourite way to improve your mood, or that of another person? Obviously, LazyTown is one the most popular things to come out of Iceland. Do you have any recommendations for other Icelandic shows/films/books/music/culture? Also, have you ever read a book/seen a film/listened to music that has changed your worldview, or has strongly resonated with you?

ClarkStreetGang: To uplift others you need to be in a good mood. Our nobel prize author Halldor Laxness. Music: Of Monsters and Men, Kaleo, Björk to name a few... Iceland is producing pretty good crime TV nowadays...some heading to Netflix I hear...
    Momo by Michael Ende is one of my all time favorite books.

Robbierottennumber1: How does it feel knowing you have made such an impact in thousands of children's lives knowing taht your character will forever be at the hearts of what are probably you adults now encluding my self, does it feel like a large responsibility?

ClarkStreetGang: I feel gratitude for having had the honor to entertain kids.

ellie897123: Hello, just wanted to say thank you for being in the show that provided entertainment and bonding for me and my younger siblings throughout our childhood! Robbie Rotten was always my favourite over Sportacus and that always resulted in heated debates between my siblings and I haha. I was wondering if you had any advice for young actors wanting to start off in the industry? I hope you're doing well and I wish you and your family all the best :)

ClarkStreetGang: If you choose acting, make sure you stick to it. It's not a second job.

hyperfoxeye:
    One more question, was it hard trying to memorize the spelling of icelandic cities? With all due respect, most icelandic names look 4 syllables too big for me.

ClarkStreetGang: No not hard at all.

infez: Hello Mr. Karl! Thank yo so much for doing this AMA! We all really appreciate it.
    First off, sending a bunch of thoughts and prayers for your recovery. Hope things get better soon.
    Also, I just had a few quick questions:
    What was your favorite (or least favorite) part of being on a show like LazyTown?
    Who are some of your biggest influences, in life or in performing arts?
    Are we Number One?

ClarkStreetGang: Long hours in the make up chair were sometimes boring. The old masters – Chaplin, Keaton, Lloyd YES!

LordOfTheAyylmaos: What was the fake chin that you wore as Robbie made of?

ClarkStreetGang: foam latex

ThePunderbird: Hi Stephan! Certain memetic experts such as Antony Fantano have listed the Rotten Robbie meme as a "God meme" or an unkillable meme. I have to say this is definitely due to the fact that you were able to use expression so well in your preformances which created a huge data base to draw inspiration from. As an aspiring actor I respect your control. Any tips about physical control as it relates to acting?

ClarkStreetGang: Acting is preparation and concentration. But you can't be so prepared that you don't allow for improvisation. You rely on your director to watch your performance and make sure you are within the bounds of the moment.

jesuiserik: bHope you're doing well Stefan! Is there any grand advice you'd like to pass down about anything in general? Also, what's your favourite colour?

ClarkStreetGang: Just what you've heard many times I'm sure - do something with your heart and your passion, believe in yourself, and try to be kind.

Grenician: Hi Stefan, here's hoping you recover quickly and safely. You've mentioned here that you're happy and honoured to have entertained kids, what do you think about the older people outside that target audience that watch LazyTown unironically?

ClarkStreetGang: It's the kind of show you can watch many different ways - mindlessly, as a drinking game (only legal age), ironically -- it's actually a lot of fun to watch in a big group. Would be fun to see movie theaters showing kid shows on the big screen. I think a lot of adults would have a blast.

skiskate: Are you aware of how popular you are on /r/me_irl?

ClarkStreetGang: No ;)

chriscrow3: How far do you think RR would get in the US election cycle? Make America Lazy Again!

ClarkStreetGang: He could win...if we look at the current candidates.

Vocalite: How long did it take to put your makeup on for Robbie Rotten?

ClarkStreetGang: See below...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...wn_and/d8qkrnq

Ghostaire: Hey, Stefan! I must admit, even in adulthood I still watch any LazyTown episode I can come across to the very end. What helps you keep positive even during the hard times?

ClarkStreetGang: Love and my family.

LocalWeeaboo: Any regrets?

ClarkStreetGang: None

slightlyalien: Hi Stefan!! I was a huge Robbie rotten fan as a kid, and I still believe he is the most popular character on the show. I wish you the best in the recovery after your surgery and I wish you the best in your fight! My question is, was the hair glue and paint hard to remove? I always thought your hair was plastic, it was only when I watched the makeup tutorial I realised that it wasn't!

ClarkStreetGang: It took a lot of washing.

MrFlyingMongoose: Hey Stefan, do you have a favourite LazyTown meme?

ClarkStreetGang: No not yet. Just learned of them recently.

TheOsttle: Do you ever get recognized on the street? If so, what's your craziest experience?

ClarkStreetGang: Once in Salt Lake city late at night...a mom with two kids on the other side of the street screamed...Oh my god it is RR...and ran over the street and almost got run over... she asked for a selfie.
    In Mexico parents asked me to touch their newborns...

BlueCalex: What was it like filming the "We are number one" song, and what is your opinion on the song?

ClarkStreetGang: Fun song and fun to do.

primrosehenderson: Hello, I hope you get better soon :) Wanted to know how you got into acting? Im currently studying Performing Arts so I'd like to know how you got where you are. Huge fan of Lazy Town :)

ClarkStreetGang: I started acting as a kid is school. Got formal drama training in the Drama academy of Iceland. Worked in theater in Iceland and got offered to do RR. I have since then performed both on the stage, film and TV in Iceland and as the Grinch in the US. I have always taken acting seriously.

trevy_mcq: What number are you?

ClarkStreetGang: 13

pantynaut: Hi Stefan, 20 year old fan here. My roommate at university and I bonded over our fond memories of Lazytown. :) We have a large printed image of Robbie Rotten taped to our front door.
    I was wondering about the Robbie costume. It looks rather sweaty and uncomfortable... Was it? Do you remember what it was made of? (My guess is polyester.)
    Thank you for all the entertainment over the years and we wish you a speedy recovery!

ClarkStreetGang: I am not sure about the material, it was custom made, very comfortable and not sweaty at all. Each costume was about $15.000

ArmchairTitan: Hello Stefan, wishing you all the best in your fight against life's greatest villain.
    Q: Have your children seen Lazy Town? How do they react to your role in the show?
    Also, as an aside, I once made a terrible drawing of Robbie Rotten many years ago and I can't remember why. I'm just going to pretend it was a tribute to you ;)

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you. I have four kids. None of them have been huge LT fans. Thank you for the drawing ;)

LocalWeeaboo: Hillary or Trump?

ClarkStreetGang: I know..I am sorry.

DarthBane42: What was your worst experience on set?

ClarkStreetGang: Saying goodbye on the last day.

HoovC97: Hi Stefan, i really hope you are doing good and get well soon! I was also curious if you have ever heard the 3 robbie rottens theory?

ClarkStreetGang: No please elaborate...;)

HoovC97: So basically it goes that there are 3 different Robbie Rottens causing trouble in lazy town ( beacuse 1 robbie would be far too lazy to carry out all those schemes )

ClarkStreetGang: Hahahah, that is nice!

skeletonJam: Was your costume uncomfortable? Surely your face must be boiling... Wouldn't sweating affect the consistency of your face shape?

ClarkStreetGang: There are always issues for actor in costumes, under the bright lights. Same with makeup. They try to account for that with extra strong materials, makeup glues, etc.

cnl2003: Hello Stefan! I wanted you to know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not a huge fan of make-up, because I feel like me skin can't breathe. What was it like wearing all the make-up and prosthetics while playing Robbie?

ClarkStreetGang: Hard! Especially because I have a kind of fast-growing beard and my chin would sometimes become irritated. All in a days work though!

Doriatt: Hey Stefan! Been a fan for a very long time. I remember how excited I was whenever LazyTown was coming on, and I spent several hours on various games that could be found around the internet. And, of course, Robbie was my favorite character. If not for him, I may never have learned to appreciate the antagonists- And that would have turned my life around completely.
    In a time like this, it's nice to think of the good memories. I was wondering, what is your favorite memory (or favorite memories) of your time in show business?
    I really hope you get better soon. Don't forget to be lazy! (Just not too lazy)

ClarkStreetGang: Thanks for your good wishes. There are so many things that happen to an actor during a show or production, it's all kind of a blur. The things that tend to remain in your heart and mind are the ones involving people you met, friendships.

nyxwafflesx: Hey Robbie, just was curious man - are you still really number one? Thanks, get well soon.
    for reference my dude: https://youtu.be/PfYnvDL0Qcw?t=33s

ClarkStreetGang: We are all number 1:)

ViciousHaze: Are you still in contact with any of the other crew members from Lazy Town?

ClarkStreetGang: yes.

MsNewKicks: What Icelandic dish would you recommend to someone who has never tried the cuisine?
    Keep on fighting!

ClarkStreetGang: The Icelandic lobster and smoked lamb.

kittycat0195: Does Grace Vanderwaal from America's Got Talent remind you of Stephanie Meanswell? As soon as my dad saw her he said "It's that LazyTown girl!!!!!" Also best of luck battling cancer.

nathanielwelchert: How was it working on the show? I know the guy who played Sportacus (who was also the creator) was very passionate about it. And that passion worked well, as I can sit and laugh at this series to this day, even when I'm 17. Good luck man. Always remember that you are number one.

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you Nathaniel.

Oliver___: Who is Villain Number One?

ClarkStreetGang: RR of course.

dmitrikonnikov: How do you feel about the popular Lil Jon x Lazy Town mashup "Cooking by the Book"?

ClarkStreetGang: Cool.

xHarryLeex:
    Hi Stefan, I'm watching lazy town right now. What's your favourite episode that you did? P.s. Robbie is the true hero of lazy town

ClarkStreetGang: Haha, not sure about that but thanks.

tasteadream:
    Hey Stefan, me and my little sister used to watch LazyTown and you were our favourite character, so thanks for that! I'm really sorry to hear about the cancer, I hope you're doing better :)
    After all of the cool things you've done, did you ever expect to be (arguably) most well known for being in a kid's show?

ClarkStreetGang: Few people are so lucky to be part of the lives of kids growing up like we were. No I never imagined it but I'm grateful.

MightyKingBee: Hey there! Little late to the game but I was wondering if you would ever reprise Robbie? Ever think of donning the attire again for halloween and seeing if people know it's you? I wish you the very best sir and hope for the quickest recovery.

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you. No, I think reverse is only good for parallel parking. Robbie is done, I'm proud but I'd like to tackle new challenges.

TehhCakeIsALie: Hey Stefan! This is seriously one of the best things I've seen in a while. So tell me, what made you wanna do this AMA? Was it all those memes? ;) (which I love btw.)
    I hope you get better soon, we need to have people like you in the world! Robbie Rotten 4 lyfe.

ClarkStreetGang: It was suggested by many so i decided to do it ;) it is fun. Thank you.

guyguy112: What would you say your proudest moments in life were? (One including lazy town and the other could be anyting)

ClarkStreetGang: I am proud of having created a great villain on LT. I am proudest of my kids.

ruthie86: Hi Stefan So sorry to hear of your misfortune. Life can be rotten like that. I hope you recover and defeat the cancer. My daughter loves lazy town, but her favourite episode and favourite song is Rottenbeard. You are her favourite pirate! For her birthday party which is soon it is pirate themed because of you! What was your favourite character that wasn't Robbie himself and which song was the most fun?

ClarkStreetGang: Hmm...looking back I think the most fun songs were the ones that the public has also found most fun -- I am a fan too ;)

theiAiether: Thank you for sharing your struggle with all of us. Our entire family is full of admiration for you.
    I understand it was shot in Iceland and it continues to inspire me to want to visit. I am also in production in Hollywood. What is the main differences between crafts services in Iceland and your experiences abroad?
    What would you like Americans to know about Iceland and also what you would like to say about the perspective of America's choice for president this year? Does it have any affect on you as an actor?

ClarkStreetGang: We had a wonderful chef on staff, Chef Gummi, who made the most delicious food for us. You should come to visit - not only Reykjavik but the surrounding countryside. Very beautiful, clean, many things you can't see anywhere else.

chriscrow3: Stefan, what is the Clark Street Gang?

ClarkStreetGang: I have recently started using reading glasses. My wife said I looked like Clark Kent ;) http://imgur.com/TipZZkq

Drunken_Dolphin: What number are we?

ClarkStreetGang: !!!

Mista_L: Hey, Stefan. LazyTown was a huge part of my childhood and I'd firstly like to thank you for all the laughs throughout the years. I was wondering, what's one moment while filming LazyTown that you will never forget? Keep fighting, and stay strong throughout!

ClarkStreetGang: Mostly behind the scenes things with friends. We had people on our team from many countries, away from their families, working long hours. We bonded and had many wonderful moments.

skylarpiolet: Hello Stefan! Thank you so much for bringing to life a one-of-a-kind character in Robbie Rotten. I loved Lazy Town as a kid and still find joy in it today as an adult. My favorite song is "Versti Fantur", which became "Master of Disguise". I wonder sometimes, did you ever accidentally sing the Icelandic words when recording the English? Thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions. I wish you well and keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :-)

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you. No, I didn't get those mixed up -- you have to concentrate because there are usually a few hundred colleagues standing around on a set and you don't want to be 'that guy'.

DarknessNightmare99: Hi Stefan! I was a big fan of LazyTown as kid. One question I have is what episode of LazyTown did you have the most fun recording?

ClarkStreetGang: Most fun were scenes where we actors could kind of cut loose and have dialogue back and forth. Many of our scenes involved action, however, and so we tended to shoot in small pieces at a time.

HappyHappyist: Hey there Stefan! Have you heard of a channel called SiIvaGunner? They seem to be huge fans of you and the music from Lazy Town.

ClarkStreetGang: Oh yes, they're all over the place.

obscurePythonquote: My youngest LOVED Lazy Town! I want you to know that your Robbie Rotten made hours upon hours of repeated viewings bearable. Where can I see you in something a bit more adult?

ClarkStreetGang: I have done some Icelandic films but I guess you'll have to stay tuned for what I may be able to achieve in the future. Thanks for your kind words.

MrCurrySH: Hi Stefan! cant say i ever watched lazytown if im being honest :p but i absolutely love the memes that were created from it of course :) do you have a favorite anime? (if you watch anime obviously :p) thanks for reading if you did!

ClarkStreetGang: I'm only slightly aware of anime but what I noticed the most about it are the fans who seem very devoted and knowledgeable about it.

Sennnnnn: What was the most complicated scene you had to record in LazyTown? And also what do you think was the funniest moment starring you?

ClarkStreetGang: Any scene with puppets was difficult because we shot against a green screen, and that means you have to keep everything perfectly clear and no "extra" movements or colors in the scene. But after a while we all got used to that and found many other things to do that were difficult!

paulthefonz: What kind of cancer?

ClarkStreetGang: Its is a cancer in the bile duct which lies in the pancreas. I underwent a major surgery Whipple on the 4th of October and am recovering well.

paulthefonz: I hope it goes away
    Feel better man.

GET_SP00KED: Hello Stefan! I noticed that they change up your hair, and put on some make up... How long does that usually take? Best Wishes.

ClarkStreetGang: Hours! See below!

jaspanye: Hey man! Could you please reply to me? Thanks a lot!

ClarkStreetGang: No problem!

robbyhummerzow: Hey Stefan, I was a fan of Lazytown since I was a child, and as of now, I listen to We Are Number One on repeat every day. It's still one of my favorite songs I get a guilty pleasure out of listening to. My favorite line is when the other Robbies trip over the banana peels and you shouted "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
    Q: What line in We Are Number One would you say is your favorite?

ClarkStreetGang: Don't really have one but thanks.

CraniumWaves: I remember Robbie Rotten being very persistent. Has his persistence wore off on you for you battle?

ClarkStreetGang: An actor's life consists of preparation and concentration. And so those are very valuable skills for this challenge.

LordLonglegs: Was it kind of creepy being around all of those puppets a lot?

ClarkStreetGang: No but they may have found it creepy to be near me!

tStevester83: Does Magnús know anything about the memes? If so, then how did he respond to them?
    By the way, I wanted to say that you are an amazing actor and you shouldn't let something like cancer get in the way of your acting career. I hope you feel better and I hope you get back to being Robbie Rotten <3

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you so much.

statiicfox: Hi Stefan, I was a huge fan of your show since I was a kid and my mum had a huge crush on you!
    I was wondering what it was like working with so many odd puppets? Get better soon!<3

ClarkStreetGang: Puppets are magical, just watch the face of a child at a puppet show. Same for adults!

Oesnyc: do you like Björk?

ClarkStreetGang: Of course!

meow_gusta: Hi Stefan,
    I'm sad to hear you are sick. All my best to you during your recovery.
    I have to admit I was in my 20s when Lazy Town first came out but I would secretly watch it if I came across it when watching TV. Did you have a lot of adult viewers? You had great eyebrows by the way. :)

ClarkStreetGang: LOTS of adult watchers. Fun to hear from those who were kids way back when who are now in college.

LazyZiggy: Hi Stefan, I am a big fan of yours LazyTown was and still is one of my big passions I was so sad to hear about your cancer you are in my thoughts and prayers I was wondering though what was your favorite song to sing as Robbie? I also would like to know was the Robbie costume comfortable because to me it kind of does but at the same time it kind of doesn't.? Thank you so much for being a part of my childhood and life even to this day I still am a huge fan of you and LazyTown! Caden

ClarkStreetGang: Thank you Caden -- I don't have a favorite really, just ones that were fun to sing. And the costumes were fun too - how often do any of us get to dress up like a cow?

Roccopark: Hi Stephan! What a great way to stop hospital bed boredom! ;) From working on such a health conscious show, what's your Top Tip for health? After being introduced to LazyTown by young nephews, it's a large part of my late 30s! Hubby laughs at me for watching it when I'm recuperating but Robbie makes me giggle so much. Thank you for doing such a wonderful performance. Wishing you and your family all the very best of luck in getting through this. I will be sharing the GoFundMe. *big hugs?

ClarkStreetGang: :)

Yaitsme9: Hi Stefan! I am a huge fan. I was wondering, what was your favourite episode to film? And is Robbie Rotten really bad, does he really hate the citizens of LazyTown? Or is he just looking for some peace and quiet? Good luck with your recovery, I wish you all the best!

ClarkStreetGang: Robbie maybe has some anxiety issues :) Meditation might do him a world of good!

Matty8742: Do you ever get recognized in public now? I know that you look a LOT different then you did in LazyTown.

ClarkStreetGang: We live in Reykjavik where it's possible to know many of the people you may see during your day. So if anyone recognizes me, it's probably because we went to school together!

Re: Stefan Karl Doing a Reddit AMA

The photo is a bit shocking! But my, those glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

He is responding quickly to the questions. Very nice.

Comment

In my head he was gently walking round his house or getting pushed around in a wheelchair, never occured to me he would be bed ridden, hopefully not permanently.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

In my mind's eye, he looked a lot worse, so seeing him still looking like Stefan Karl was a relief! I was worried he would look like...

Comment

Stefan Karl Doing a Reddit AMA

Is the Reddit session still going on?

Comment

Yep, he's still there and answering questions.

Comment

Stefan Karl Doing a Reddit AMA

He is such a great person he responded to me and just about everyone else he is so good to his fans and even more reason he's incredible is he has cancer and he takes the time to do this!
              What a dude!

Comment

Visir did a story on the AMA. See below.

http://www.visir.is/stefan-karl-svar.../2016161019270

Comment

All of the questions and answers from the AMA have been added to the OP for your convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                    All of the questions and answers from the AMA have been added to the OP for your convenience.
                    Dang, that's a lot of cut and pasting! kudos.

Was just about to say that, as always, I thought of a good question to ask AFTER this event was over, but I see someone else asked it, and it got answered! so that's cool :icon_e_smile:

Also, I always thought the song was "Villain" number one, not "We are" number one.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                    Visir did a story on the AMA. See below.

http://www.visir.is/stefan-karl-svar.../2016161019270
                    [Google Translate]
                    Stefán Karl Stefánsson answered questions from fans on the website Reddit yesterday. This was the so-called AMA (Ask Me Anything) where users can post questions to known individuals. Stefan Karl published a photo taken from a hospital bed to prove that he was really the case. Clearly, Stefan Karl many fans there in the world and they wished him a speedy recovery and said he spjörunum from about Robbie Rotten, theater and the employee.

One user said he rather kept by Robbie Rotten in the series than the other characters and asked if he would often was with the view. "In keeping with the villain shows that you dare. Other kids liked Glanni because he was mischievous but we always fit to show that he had to take the consequences for the behavior. Now he seems to be popular because it was silly, but it's hard to say why it is action, but other characters, "said Stefan Karl.

Important to be hopeful
                    Another asked Stefan Karl if his attitudes had changed after he was diagnosed with cancer, what he thinks about and what people thought when he said he was in town. "To be diagnosed with cancer is alarming. I've to go aggressive operation was a success and I'm hopeful that I get through it. Thanks for asking. I think about what is important in life and what is not. I do not fear death because I value life too much, "wrote Stefan Karl and also said that children were funny when they realized that he leaked would Glanni and sometimes a bit scared.

Said one user that his father had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer for two months ago and asked what advice Stefán Karl had for him so he could give his father support.

"Oh dear, I am sorry to hear this. My family and I have only had under a month to get used to the idea of me having cancer. I had whipple on the 4th and I am recovering incredibly well. My wife and I have had long talks about the situation and we are realistic about all possible outcomes. You have to be optimistic and hopeful and take care of yourself so you can support your dad. He will need it. Don't wear a sad face, enjoy every moment as fully as you can and have someone you can talk to. We have to live fully always – even in dire times. Hoping everything goes well for your dad. Love to you and your family."

Glanni handsomer than Morrissey
                    Not all questions on serious issues, and asked if one of Stefan Karl still plays the accordion. "Yes, when I'm in the mood," was the answer. Then asked another if he found a similar Glanni singer Morrissey said Stefan Karl there were certainly similarities, but Glanni was handsomer. Then he gave the aspiring comic talent they expected to watch Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin. Harold Lloyd and Wile E. Coyote. The question of what Glanni really thought about the inhabitants of LazyTown was the answer, "I wish I could be their friend."

Then Stefan Karl was also asked whether he had seen the so-called LazyTown meme. Meme's behavior, idea, phrase, or some kind of image, text, video circulating on the internet and simulated and put in all kinds of issues here and there. Stefan Karl seems to be delighted with his outburst.

"Yes I've seen lately. It is interesting that they have a different meaning than when the items were taken up. I take this as a compliment, this means that our element has had meaning for people. "
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                      Also, I always thought the song was "Villain" number one, not "We are" number one.
                      That was the original title of the song untill the internetz changed it.

I understand only half of that translation :icon_e_sad:
                      Google translate sucks.
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Indeed it does

Comment

Working...
                        X