Only Christmas Comes in LazyTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Only Christmas Comes in LazyTown

They did have some spooky themed episodes that aired/are meant to air, around the time. Close enough?

Comment

Christmas episode was okay I think, other religions states/countries can decide not to broadcast and people with other believes can decide not let their kids watch that episode. What I don't understand is why not make it international. Like leaving the snow away because kids on the other side of the equator don't understand that. Why a fat santa claus in The Holiday Spirit? and than the turkey.. who does that other than in 'murica? Too many questions but still a good episode (season 1 of course :p )

They have also Sportsday and Sportacular Spectacle Day. Maybe for LazyTown it's a major holiday, who knows.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        Christmas episode was okay I think, other religions states/countries can decide not to broadcast
        What you are describing is censorship. That is always bad, regardless of what angle it's coming from. I think tho your have it backwards. The aspects of Christmas used in LazyTown are the non-religious parts of the holiday.

What I don't understand is why not make it international. Like leaving the snow away because kids on the other side of the equator don't understand that. Why a fat santa claus in The Holiday Spirit? and than the turkey..
        If you remove everything from a show that is capable of offending or confusing people, then you are left with 24 min of blank screen.

They have also Sportsday and Sportacular Spectacle Day. Maybe for LazyTown it's a major holiday, who knows.
        Don't forget Dream Day!

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
          Don't forget Dream Day!
          ..and cleaning day, cooking day, happy brush day, sports candy festival day, treehouse day... every day is a major holiday in LazyTown. Unfortunately most are not widespread holidays in real life, only in local areas like maybe in your own backyard :)

..or like in Chloe's backyard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chloe-s-backyard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	578.0 KB
ID:	149693
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

..and cleaning day, cooking day, happy brush day, sports candy festival day, treehouse day... every day is a major holiday in LazyTown. Unfortunately most are not widespread holidays in real life, only in local areas like maybe in your own backyard :)
            Yes, there are a whole lot of BS "holidays" in LazyTown lol. Many more than what you listed even. Must just be lazy writers ;)

Comment

I would love to see episodes for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and maybe even New Year's Day.

Comment

They could do a Easter episode because Robbie has a Easter bunny disguise and Milford has one as well

Comment

You know what would've been interesting to see?

You know what would've been interesting to see? A LazyTown Halloween episode. I can already think of the plot:

Stephanie and the kids dress in their costumes and go out to trick or treating as Robbie dresses up as a ghost or some monster and attempts to spook the kids and Sportacus out of town.

There was a NickJr promo video of Stephanie in a witch's hat and asking the viewer what they'd be for Halloween, then it ends with Stephanie flying in the sky on a witch's broom.

It'd be interesting to see Stephanie do Bing Bang in a witch's hat. I think it would keep falling off her head if she tried to do so.

What do you think?

Comment

Christmas episode was okay I think, other religions states/countries can decide not to broadcast and people with other believes can decide not let their kids watch that episode.
                    Exactly what happened in Israel. Both Christmas episodes never aired in Hebrew, as Israel is the only Jewish country/state in the whole world, with over now 9.2 million Jewish people, and HOP! is an Israeli-Hebrew channel made for little kids and toddlers and many shows revolves/focuses around the landscapes of the country, holidays (Jewish religion has A LOT of them) and obviously classical Israeli songs, so they cannot show this to kids in the target ages of the channel, as to not confuse them. In fact, the only show on HOP! that did speak about the "Holiday Season" was the Israeli co-production of "Sesame Street", because in all of its series during the years, it was about Jews and Muslims living side-by-side together, so there was an episode talking about the different religions that celebrate other holidays in Israel. But in other shows in other channels (aimed for 6+) it's no big deal, because then the audience are older to understand this, but I'm still curious how the episodes would be in Hebrew.

Comment

I count Ghost Stoppers, Cry Dinosaur and The Baby Troll as Halloween specials.
                      MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                      X