This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

As you can see below from Mark Valenti, Stefan has been diagnosed with cancer. A GoFundMe page has been set up if you would like to show your support by donating to his recovery fund. I implore you to do so if you can, and hope you will spread the word to LazyTown fans that maybe don't use this site.

As Robbie Rotten on LazyTown, has given laughter to children around the world. He created a foundation to help stop bullying. He is a tireless advocate for special needs children.

And now Stefan Karl needs our help.

Stefan has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The operation he has had will prevent him from working for up to a year.

We want him to use that year to rest and recuperate so that he can once again return to what he does best - making kids smile all over planet Earth.

We are raising funds to help Stefan and his family survive the coming year. Not only will they need assistance with medical bills, but it's important that Stefan be allowed to heal his body and spirit without the additional burden of financial need.

We appreciate any amount of gift you are able to extend to Stefan and his family. As he moves from this difficult time toward a full recovery, we ask for your generosity, your prayers and good wishes.

As Robbie Rotten would ask, "Why are those people making all that noise!?"

Let's answer Robbie with a thunderous noise of gratitude and joy for everything he's given to the world of children's entertainment!

Help spread the word!
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE GOFUNDME PAGE

Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

Anyone know if I can mail it my Mom doesn't believe it is real so she won't enter her credit card number?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyTeen View Post
      Anyone know if I can mail it my Mom doesn't believe it is real so she won't enter her credit card number.
      I don't think so.

You could mail money to me, and then I could make a donation in your name, but that's way more sketchy.

Comment

I just really wanna help donate.

Comment

I'm really crying here. I just finished another marathon on YouTube last night of all the four seasons, and now this... I lost my grandmother and one of my aunts to this disease, and even though I never met Stefán in person, I feel extremly sad. Also, I wanted to start the marathon all over again, but know I can't, it just doesn't feel right...

Comment

Dang. This wasn't what I was planning on coming back to tonight. It's nice that Mark, Chloe, and even Julianna are supporting him in this, and I hope that there are enough LazyTown-and Stefán-fans out there to support him and donate to the cause.

Comment

This is some absolutely heartbreaking news, and my thoughts and prayers absolutely go out to Stefan and his family.
              But.. Are we just gonna ignore the fact that this is the first new video of JRM we have seen in many years?
              This is also the first video of the two together ever, heck, this could quite possibly be the first time they have even met!

http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...w-Wtih-GetLazy
              CC: The actress who played Stephanie before you, her name is Julianna Mauriello. Did you ever
              speak with her about playing Stephanie at all?

CL: No, I've never met her or talked to her before.
              I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I won't be able to donate for another week or so. But I will donate what I can. I lost my mom to Breast Cancer So I know what it is like to lose someone to cancer. If my donation of at most $20 helps in anyway shape or form I will do it.

Comment

this is very sad, I want to donate but I can't

Comment

Hey All,

If wishes can come true - It is our sincerest wish that somehow Stefan can overcome this challenge.

@~)----,'------,'----------
                    Laila & LTP Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mystic View Post
                      But.. Are we just gonna ignore the fact that this is the first new video of JRM we have seen in many years?
                      This is also the first video of the two together ever, heck, this could quite possibly be the first time they have even met!
                      true dat...and afaik this is the first time JR is speaking to her fans and to GL directly...sadly it needed this sad event to make it happen...I miss Shelby in the Steph team though...and of course I'll donate some bucks for our beloved villain
                      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                        afaik this is the first time JR is speaking to her fans and to GL directly...sadly it needed this sad event to make it happen...
                        Yes, you're right about that Buzz. She has only done interviews before, with the most recent one being 5 years old!
                        I'm really excited to see her back though. She has matured a lot, which also shows by her actually doing this video.
                        I hope the "hype" has settled a bit now, and all the unfortunate stalkers have lost their interest. As it is right now, it seems that the "new generation" is more focused on Robbie instead - which I guess is kinda fortunate for this whole ordeal.
                        Anyways, I know I'm not helping in any way dragging attention away from JRM making this comment, but I just simply had to get it out of my system.

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                        I miss Shelby in the Steph team though...
                        Shelby would definitely have been awesome to also have with the crew.
                        Unfortunately I don't think there are many people out there that actually know about her. I guess that is more for the "die hard" fans out there..
                        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Oh no Poor Stefan Karl I hope he will get back to health.

Comment

I shared the link on facebook, though I'm not sure how many people on my list might care, sad to say. It's encouraging to see how much has been raised in one day though. May it keep going up.

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
                              I lost my mom to Breast Cancer So I know what it is like to lose someone to cancer. If my donation of at most $20 helps in anyway shape or form I will do it.
                              Sorry to hear that Matt.

Massively relieved that the total has gone up. Also, the person that added "Oh Captain, my Pirate Captain" to their donation made me bawl.
                              The second I get paid in 3 weeks time I'll donate.
                              Also, do you think Stefan knows about this? No intention of telling him of course, I just wondered if the total was reached before Christmas, if Mark intended to present it to him and his family as one hell of a gift.
                              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Working...
                              X