This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

Maybe people pledge and their cards then deny because of lack of funds or credit limit.Go Fund may calculate each day and those that are declined are subtracted as donaters and their amount is lessened.Those amounts changes are very small percentage-wise...1%

Comment

His wife uploaded this on her Twitter page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DNOrHxpVwAAALFh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	150036

Comment

Thumbs up!!!

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed everything works out for the best for Stef
          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Oh no, I can't believe it's come back! We'll always remember him as a person who made kids all around the globe smile:frown:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Yoruno View Post
            You see, I donated yesterday and it said $164,140 raised by 11,210 people. Today it's $164,072 raised 11,198 people. It's not just the money, it's also 12 people less. I've visited the page several times, and sometimes the meter also showed fewer people than before. That's why I think some not-so-nice guys might be having fun this way.
            Heartless people

Comment

Originally posted by This postbox is mine View Post
              Oh no, I can't believe it's come back! We'll always remember him as a person who made kids all around the globe smile:frown:

- - - Updated - - -

Heartless people
              It can't come back if it never left.

Comment

New update on the GoFundMe page... https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk?vie...campaign=upd_n

From Stefan:

"Dear friends,
                As some of you know, my recent medical scan tells us that the cancer has spread. This is difficult, though not unexpected news. My family and I will be discussing next steps with our excellent medical team.

I wanted to share this news with those of you who have taken this journey with me. I'm so grateful for your affection and help -- your words of encouragement have meant the world to me. They helped lift my spirits during dark days.

Now it's time for another chapter. I will be spending the remainder of my time with family and friends, working on a few projects that are dear to my heart, and mostly appreciating the beauty that life gives to us all.

We will be closing this GoFundMe page shortly and, again, I want to thank all of you who gave so generously to help me and my family.

Love to you all from Robbie Rotten, the Grinch, and most of all, from Stefan."

Comment

Thank you for posting that news here.

Comment

I kinda don't understand this, what does this mean exactly? (It does sound bad so I know that.)

Comment

His cancer has metastasized, definitely bad. The message here, at least to me, implies the prognosis is pretty bad. Closing the gofundme is kind of upsetting in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsAllMine View Post
                        I kinda don't understand this, what does this mean exactly? (It does sound bad so I know that.)
                        Stefán is and has been on a quickly ticking clock. That's not new. He knew that, his friends and family knew that, and we knew that for a long time now. Everyone has been supportive and hopeful, but with the kind of diagnosis he received, there's just no going back from that. There isn't a miracle around the corner that will stop the clock. Again, this was never the illusion to him or his loved ones. It sounds like he received some news that gave him more clarity on when the clock will run out, and based on the news he got, it sounds like he is getting ready to close the book... sooner rather than later. If you've kept up on his posts on facebook, you would probably gather that he is at peace with his life and his situation, and you would be right. He is.

Comment

That is true, from early on wasn't it a terminal diagnosis? It is good that he is at peace, and his family and close friends too hopefully. They are the ones who matter. The update is still saddening and being reminded of the immediacy and reality of the situation is still powerful.

Comment

• Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

We should do a LazyTown Forever esque tribute to him. Not necessarily music related, but like a big collab of some sort. I think It'd be pretty cool.

Comment

Not fair.
                              I would love to be proven wrong, but it seems this year won't end well.
                              Not fair.
                              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

^

Comment

Working...
                                X