X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

Originally posted by Fox View Post
    Fake donations? Really?
    I can understand why people would fake donate to twitch streamers, but a go fund me page? Makes no sense..
    That is the internet for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
      That is the internet for ya.
      Yes I know, people on the internet are ruthless. But it doesn't make sense to fake a donation on a go fund me page, it just simply doesn't classify as trolling.
      When they do it to twitch streamers, they at least get to see a reaction. That's what most of these people are looking for anyways - the reaction.
      Such a thing just simply doesn't come when making false donations on go fund me...
      I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
        $40K? Hey just curious...what's all this money being spent on specifically? Doesn't Stefan have health insurance to cover his medical bills?
        It's well and dandy to have health insurance, but medical expenses are tertiary to everyday life expenses. As an actor, health is key and being unable to preform means he'd be unable to make a living, focusing on working could take a toll on his health. Hence, a year of healing.

The alternative is eat away at savings and risk financial troubles if health worsens.

I'm genuinely curious if you've ever dealt with such an issue before, or are just assuming insurance does what it says on the tin. Being an actor on a relatively popular kids' show doesn't mean you're set for life, I wonder if that might be part of the assumption here.

Comment

Most insurances cover 80%. I am sure his operation and treatment is going to be alot!!
          That $20,000 isn't going to be enough if he has to pay 20% of the bill.

Comment

Good thing Iceland has a great health care system though.

Comment

My question as to why Sporticus has not commented on Robbies condition went unanswered.
              Why would the man in charge not help or comment on one of the main people?
              There were only 3 'walkers' on LZ..He, Steph and Robby.
              All the others were puppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey2001 View Post
                My question as to why Sporticus has not commented on Robbies condition went unanswered.
                It probably hasn't been answered because there's only one person who knows the answer to that, and I don't think that he is on this forum.
                All I can say is that it is a good question.

Comment

There were only 3 'walkers' on LZ..He, Steph and Robby.
                  Maybe Magnus rubbed 2 nickles together for Stefan....but we'll never really know where the nickles went?

Comment

You realize puppets have puppeteers, right? They're no less present on set just because they're hidden from the camera. You discount them, because they're off-camera.

"Why would the man in charge not help or comment on one of the main people?"

Magnus isn't a magic elf.

Comment

Maybe enough people just gotta tweet it on twitter to him or something so he knows what is going on. As for the puppeteers I have no clue if they even know what is going on as well

Comment

People under the puppets are not the same. People recognize Stephanie, Robbie, and Sporticus. They would not know the puppet people if they saw them anywhere, or know their names.

Sporticus was the main guy and as the main guy, is showing no support for his team mates.I have lost a lot of respect for him because of his lack of support for Robbie.

Comment

I get your point about recognition and pull with the public--Magnus is the face of LazyTown, after all. Along with this public role come are several unrealistic expectations placed on him by fans.

I, nor anyone else, can claim to know what Magnus knows regarding Stephan's health. Moreover, nobody can claim to know what his position is on the matter besides the man himself. It's really easy to assume all sorts of things in the absence of any statement, and evidence, anything.

It's human nature to want to wish others well, but that shouldn't come part and parcel with an expectation everybody act in a certain fashion. You might not think it's right for Magnus to stay mum, but it's really shortsighted for anyone to assert he should be out there doing X, Y and Z.

It's also really selfish to demand somebody come out and speak on behalf of another. You're a third party here.

They worked together, we enjoy their shared work. That shouldn't be allowed to cloud judgement when looking at a employee and his past co-worker/employer. Again, I don't want to assume friendship or a lack thereof between the two fellas, but it should be remembered that Magnus remains a busy man.

For all we know, they call each other every night while having bubblebaths. We simply don't know.

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
                          As for the puppeteers I have no clue if they even know what is going on as well
                          This is the sentiment I was trying to address initially.

I mean, yeah, it's a distinct possibility they're in the dark, but they're just as likely to be in touch with rest of LT's cast as the 'human' actors would be.

And it shouldn't be overlooked how powerful voice is. These actors' faces might not grab your attention, but if they speak...

(I'm realizing now the streams got crossed, and I'm talking about dub voices and on-set puppeteers. But, the point stands.)

Comment

poor Stefan :(

Comment

Mark your calendars (no pun intended).

Originally posted by Posted by Mark Valenti
                              50 THOUSAND!!! You did the impossible!! From the unthinkable diagnosis to this amazing outpouring of affection for Stefan, this has been a tremendous event in every way.

But because I am determined to see that there are no stones left unturned, I'm increasing the goal amount starting today. Because if we've learned anything from all this, we learned that Robbie Rotten fans are creative, supportive, a little crazy and above all, generous with their affection.

Remember -- December 11th is the day you will be able to see Stefan on YouTube live, performing the song that has swept the world, "We Are Number One," with the multiple Robbie's who appeared with him in the video.

And don't tell anyone...but there's *another* little surprise for those who tune in...

Comment

OMG OMG OMG!!
                                I'm definitely putting a big fat Mark Valenti in my calendar the 11th of December. First a new video of JRM, and now an official cover??
                                I wonder what the "little surprise" is though

Comment

Working...
                                X