X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

I believe it true.
    I donated thru Go Fund me and I received an email yesterday from "Mark" who was in charge of that page. His text:
    Hello to Stefan fans and friends worldwide. I wanted to give you an update on Stefan's condition. After completing his chemo and radiation, doctors found two tumors that have metastasized, and will need to be surgically removed. This is a setback and a shock, but Stefan and Steina are bearing the news and further medical challenges in typically courageous fashion. If you are so inclined, please say a prayer for our favorite clown.

https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk?vie...campaign=upd_n

Comment

Unfortunately, it's true. In addition to what Mickey2001 posted, Stefan and his wife shared the news on facebook last week.

Comment

This is horrible news then.
        Cancer can be one of the worst giants to defeat.

One of my former class mates of high school got diagnosed with cancer, and had the full chemo therapy.
        She struggled with the disease for a long time, but finally emerged victorious.
        She got reunited with her former lifestyle, her former friends, and as her hair slowly started to grow back, so did the magic sparkle of life in her eyes.

Everything was looking good, and she slowly slipped out of my thoughts.
        We had left high school a long time ago by now, and naturally our ways had split.

Then, one day, I open my Facebook and saw this.

She died the following month.

Now, I'm in no way trying to be an alarmist, but it really put things in perspective for me.
        When Stefan originally was deemed "free of cancer" I still had my thoughts, and now that the devious disease came back, I can't help but think of my own friend.
        Hopefully this will have another outcome. :heartbounce:
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
          She died the following month.
          I'm so sorry for your loss.
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

This really sucks, it does … I guess I knew on some level that you can never really know with cancer, but I was still in the mindset that we didn't have to worry about him anymore, or at least that it wouldn't resurface after such a short time … Man. This is more difficult for me than it was the first time, since I discovered the show very recently (in December last year). The memes were what caught my attention. I think Stefán posted the live performance of We Are Number One only a week or so after I had gotten into it, so by that point the fundraising had already met its goal and he had finished the surgery. I saw that he seemed decently healthy in the video, too. Since then I have only become more invested in the show and this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Stefán and his character, since going into it I loved his acting and Robbie's songs so much that I got curious about the rest as well. He is still the absolute highlight of LazyTown IMO. I've already donated, more than I did the first time. And I know there's not much else I can do, aside from maybe creating more memes to draw people's attention to it (I posted about it on Twitter, but I don't have a lot of followers there). But I'm really worried and I fear that it will be more difficult to raise money this time around since the meme craze has died down quite a bit and pretty much gone outside of the mainstream by now, the only people still making them have specialized LazyTown meme channels that only get a few thousand or so views per video at best. I know this because I am subscribed to a lot of them.

Comment

NO NOT STEFAN KARL!!!! WHY HIM??? HE NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by saltren90 View Post
                NO NOT STEFAN KARL!!!! WHY HIM??? HE NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!!!
                Why not post your thoughts and feelings and comments about Stefan on the Get Lazy Fan Interview....Question #20? http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...2695#post92695

Comment

Did Stefan already have the tumors removed? I really hope he beats the cancer for good. I'd be so sad if we ever lost the World's Best Villain. :(

Comment

Originally posted by DRB319 View Post
                    I'd be so sad if we ever lost the World's Best Villain. :(
                    not only that...I won't imagine a LT sequal w/o him...would never be the same
                    Gallery

Comment

On a happier note, his gofundme is currently at 122,689.
                      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Didn't we just determine his net worth was 6-7 million.....why ask for money?
                        Could he not afford insurance?
                        Is medical care in Iceland free?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey2001 View Post
                          Didn't we just determine his net worth was 6-7 million.....why ask for money?
                          Could he not afford insurance?
                          Is medical care in Iceland free?
                          People in Iceland seem to spend significantly less on medical care than people in the US do, and Iceland's healthcare is funded mostly by taxes, while the US relies on healthcare funded by the government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Iceland

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
                            Why not post your thoughts and feelings and comments about Stefan on the Get Lazy Fan Interview....Question #20? http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...2695#post92695
                            STOP PROMOTING YOUR INTERVIEW WE'RE ON A SERIOUS SUBJECT.

Comment

Originally posted by puppylover416 View Post
                              STOP PROMOTING YOUR INTERVIEW WE'RE ON A SERIOUS SUBJECT.
                              Well he is banned now so no more advertising:icon_lol:

Comment

Not banned enough apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X