• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

This is real? :icon_cry:

http://www.wetheunicorns.com/news/ro...51GckiPdmDo.97

Message of Mark Valenti on GoFoundMe:

Friends and supporters,

This is the update I never wanted to write. During moments of distress and heartache, time can become a friend and ease us down the road from our pain. Our hearts become a little lighter and we allow ourselves to hope.

But as many of you know, cancer has its own agenda. Stefan's post-surgery diagnosis revealed devastating news - his condition has progressed to Stage 4. As his wife Steina said, "life expectancy is significantly impaired."

Despite the best efforts of his excellent Icelandic medical team, and Stefan's personal heroism, there is no apparent cure. There are always experimental processes, and they will be woven into the fabric of Stefan's care if at all possible.

But for now and the immediate future, family and friends are concentrating on being positive, giving Stefan whatever he needs to recover from his most recent surgery, and regain his energy for as long as possible.

He is an extraordinary man - do I need to tell you that? He is moving beyond fear to a courageous and practical frame of mind. He has plans for several projects which I am certain will delight his fans worldwide.

And so I come to the part of this message where I put on my fundraising hat. You have all been so generous and kind these past few months, as our running total will attest. Can you do more?

It's hard to ask, but that is my job and I'm going to keep asking until people start throwing rocks at me.

I want us to raise a staggering amount so that Stefan will not have to bear the additional worry of his family's future, at least in the short term.

Thank you for your kindness and your concern for our friend Stefan.

Comment

Sad. From the Mark Valenti update, it seems like he won't make it. Hope he manages to survive and hope he stays positive, regardless of the outcome, its the best he can do. :(

Comment

Oh dear god. I'll keep him in my prayers and I guess all I can do is hope for a miracle.

Comment

Read about it this morning... Couldn't be any sadder! I really can't believe that's happening. I wasn't ready for another death this year.
          Also, I wrote a post about it on Tumblr, which is half sad-half angry. In the nutshell, it's about how the LazyTown Tumblr fandom sucks and how they can't compare our grief to theirs.
          Anyway, this made my peaceful Shabbat not peaceful at all!

Comment

I just read Steina's post and it's obvious they're prepared for death. If it comes to that, I hope it will happen later rather than sooner, and that he will suffer minimally in either case. I also hope his family will be able to manage as much as possible. But I really don't want to be writing this at all, it's too terrible.

If he survives, he should do the best he can to avoid overexerting himself and wait until he's certainly feeling better before he does anything that could potentially put his health at risk.

Bless him.

Comment

I really hope he doesn't die. I'm hoping for Season 5, and it won't happen without him... LazyTown will never be the same with him dead. Sure, the town may still be active, and no one would make it lazy again... But Stefán was my favorite actor who played Robbie Rotten, in the TV Show and plays he was in! I really don't want him to die, I hope he survives and beats his cancer for good. :icon_cry:

And... He is also Villain Number One!

Comment

His surgeries might keep him alive for several extra years, but still, no one should have to worry about cancer the way Stefán and his family have. Cancer is such a horrible disease, and I hope Stefán can beat the illness for good. He and all other cancer victims will be kept in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong, Stefán! We believe in you! :robbierotten:

Comment

I don't wanna see him die. I know and feel that he will get through this because he's Robbie Rotten.

Comment

I really hope he wins this time, meme magic can happen again we need to meme extra hard and make it as big as we are number one no wait even bigger, we won it back then we can win again, he IS number one!

Comment

LazyTown is still a popular meme, so if we can get more donations to Stefán he'll be able to survive.

So if you own Robbie's acting place, you own a lot of donated money, which is something everyone with cancer needs to s u r v i v e. So that makes you Stefán Karl Stefánsson. lel

Comment

Such a shame. ;_; It doesn't look very hopeful, but I guess it's not over until it's over.

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but as of today, Stefan is currently back in the hospital with an infection.

Comment

Originally posted by LTgirl View Post
                            Not sure if this has been posted yet, but as of today, Stefan is currently back in the hospital with an infection.
                            I'm very sorry to hear that. Though I thought he already was in the hospital, Mark Valenti's statement gave me that impression.

Still can't believe this. It happened so suddenly and it's like I haven't even realized it properly yet. The world can be so cruel sometimes, but great things can happen unexpectedly too, so I hope he will get better soon and be allowed to go home and rest.

Comment

This night on my facebook I see some pages saying about that :icon_cry:

Comment

Last I've seen on Facebook, he's still alive. He's in the hospital with an infection.

Comment

Working...
                                X