This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

Please don't state stuff like this unless you have it confirmed from very reliable sources. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight if I have to live with uncertainty, so if someone can either confirm or debunk this then please do so as quickly as possible. I am extremely worried.

Comment

He isn't dead.

Comment

Okay, I just checked Steina's Facebook and there are no updates about anything of the sort. If anyone should know it's her and Mark Valenti, right? So this kind of information would have to be coming from one of them (and Mark hasn't posted anything either). I strongly doubt smaller media sources that for some reason are mostly in Spanish would get to reveal that kind of information before they did, if it were true. But people who purposefully make up death rumours are unbelievably cruel to everyone concerned. I will never understand them.

Wait … It's DEFINITELY not true, he replied to a comment on his own page HIMSELF like three hours ago (from the hospital probably). And I know it's an official page because Steina's page links to it. Sorry if I sound like I'm getting too worked up but I don't like to be terrified when I should be going to sleep soon :(

Comment

I can confirm that all the sites (the ones written in spanish) posting notes about Stefán's death are not reliable. The notes on those sites says something like 'news given by Icelandic media', and of course, that's not true. They're just gathering posts of Stefán's social media and arranging it in a way that makes it look like a farewell, specially because of the image of the rainbow he posted some days ago on Instagram.
          They're just using this to get visits, also several Facebook pages, they're just spreading the fake news.

Edit: the site with the most shared note just deleted it. The serius media are posting about his 'death' being trend over the last days

Comment

Originally posted by appatary8523 View Post
            I can confirm that all the sites (the ones written in spanish) posting notes about Stefán's death are not reliable. The notes on those sites says something like 'news given by Icelandic media', and of course, that's not true. They're just gathering posts of Stefán's social media and arranging it in a way that makes it look like a farewell, specially because of the image of the rainbow he posted some days ago on Instagram.
            They're just using this to get visits, also several Facebook pages, they're just spreading the fake news
            Like I said, it's cruel. Can't believe people actually do that. He probably gets very upset about people exploiting his medical situation and popularity to create fake articles for shock value and potentially causing fans or even acquaintances to get scared

Comment

Expect this to go on for awhile. I wouldn't put too much energy into worrying about it.

Comment

I was saddened to hear what happened to Stephan. He is a wonderful person who made us laugh. So let's send our thoughts and prayers to him from here on in.

Comment

I heard the news Thursday. I'm not ready for this rollercoaster again. :(

Comment

Anyone have a translation on this? https://www.facebook.com/stefankarl....92311560822492

Comment

I used Google translate, and this is their results on the translation.

"Love my girlfriend and wife Steinunn Ólin on my birthday today.
                      There is a lot of things that people want to say at this juncture, remember and talk, but a man often gets a tongue tooth when one has to be particularly good at such writing, decent, sincere now or even funny and fun, do not talk now This at once in one speech.
                      But when it comes to Steina, you get the whole package straight into her mind, sincerity, openness, unconditional love, determination when you deserve it, the critique when you need to be, the understanding of being maybe a bit above average strange And occasionally selfish and gentle, giftedness, which I am unprecedented to do all that she often seems to do with one hand and intuition, compassion and some purity that is no other possibility. Sometimes I can sit and watch her without seeing it, and I admire her from afar, and I think I have managed to grab the coolest butterfly in the meadow.
                      I always dreamed of being a platoon who had an adventurous princess like a wife, a princess like the real adventures that could lead me through life full of adventures that build conflict, dangers and unforgettable beauty, like a good, adventurous adventure never ending. Steina is this adventurous princess and has led me through life exactly so I have not bored one day and not one hour, I'm living the dream and have lived him since I first met her.
                      If we are not together, I always miss her as much and more as the years pass. I watch her enjoy the role of the mother more and more every day and her care for the children is inexhaustible not to mention me in the position I'm today that it's invaluable to have it next to me, I just do not know how I could do without her support.
                      Our four children are lovely, good and good, have got the best of you, my love and my goodness (OCD), so I think they're just a pretty good mix of all of them.
                      But today is your day where you celebrate your XX year's birthday and I'm here at the National Hospital of the University Hospital like skate-connected boys and hinges and can hardly move me, just give me a gift for $ 5,000. At the Red Cross store in the bottom to the start. You can buy some beautiful things that I know that many people dream of acquiring. This must be the most romantic thing I can offer to you once upon a time. But as soon as I get out of here, keep in mind that you get the gift that will change your life so you'll never forget it or see the world in the same picture as an unforgettable joy you have not known before and inner peace and Congratulations, such will be the gift. :-)
                      Elsku Steina, I love you more than anything in this solar system, and I look forward to spending the next few years with you with laughter and joy as the past 14 years have been with us. I hope we are getting caught up today so I can tell you all this in person, but I just told the outside world how much I love you my love.
                      You're my adventurous princess, and it will always be while our adventure continues to write itself.
                      Your forever
                      Stephen Karl

Comment

• Re: Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

"Adventurous Princess" and "Coolest Butterfly in the meadow" are lovely.
                        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

He mentions wife and girlfriend and there are 2 different names, I am confused.

Comment

A translation is like a lover, if it's beautiful it's probably unfaithful.
                            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

That was really sweet :) Also good to see he's feeling well enough to be writing such a long post!

Does anyone get what he meant by that OCD comment, though? Because I have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
                                Stefan actually has OCD. Here is a 2009 article talking about it but I managed to google translate the crap out of it on Tumblr

http://********.tumblr.com/post/1570...arl-translated
                                Okay, that's a relief!! Because I thought it would be pretty inappropriate if he just made some kind of OCD joke … Well it really sucks to have OCD but I guess it's nice to know that one of my biggest idols has it too and has still managed to live such a wholesome and inspiring life. Man, he has a lot of diagnoses, must be really tough … I'd never have expected it from him, but I know you can't always tell these things on the surface and especially if you don't know someone personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X