X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

Originally posted by babytroll View Post
    Has he since deleted that tease? That's interesting... well I'm certainly excited to find out whatever it is
    Stefan mentioned on Facebook that he's been writing a book with Mark Valenti to hopefully be released in 2018, so maybe that's what the "secret project" was.
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
      Stefan mentioned on Facebook that he's been writing a book with Mark Valenti to hopefully be released in 2018, so maybe that's what the "secret project" was.
      Hm. Possibly. I'll look it up.

Feels like he should be confirming it on gofundme in that case though, since he said "you'll be the first to hear, I promise" in one of his latest updates on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
        I think that's what it is as well. Not entirely sure though.

Comment

Wow, the Go Fund Me should hit 200k next year, very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            I don't think so.

You could mail money to me, and then I could make a donation in your name, but that's way more sketchy.
            Sorry for intervening, but can you do it for me? I tried to donate at Gofundme, but it looks like they don't accept donations from my country. I asked Mark Valenti about the possibility of a PayPal donation, but got no reply. It will break my heart if anything happens to Stefan Karl while I did nothing to help him. (I'm a bit of Sportacus type, I guess)

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoruno View Post
              Sorry for intervening, but can you do it for me? I tried to donate at Gofundme, but it looks like they don't accept donations from my country. I asked Mark Valenti about the possibility of a PayPal donation, but got no reply. It will break my heart if anything happens to Stefan Karl while I did nothing to help him. (I'm a bit of Sportacus type, I guess)
              How much do you want to donate?

Comment

How much do you want to donate?
                $15

Comment

Originally posted by Yoruno View Post
                  $15
                  See your private messages.

Comment

This was a live broadcast on October 1. I managed to see it. Stefan is very emotional, active, as before. Who else looked?

Comment

See your private messages.
                      You're wonderful, Stingy.
                      Still there's one thing I don't get with this fundraiser. From time to time the sum total of donations decreases instead of increasing. Does it mean there are some assholes who make fake donations?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoruno View Post
                        From time to time the sum total of donations decreases
                        Oh, I didn't know that.
                        I've just read that gofundme deduct 5% from every donation, so maybe it's that.

Comment

You see, I donated yesterday and it said $164,140 raised by 11,210 people. Today it's $164,072 raised 11,198 people. It's not just the money, it's also 12 people less. I've visited the page several times, and sometimes the meter also showed fewer people than before. That's why I think some not-so-nice guys might be having fun this way.

Comment

Hmm yeah it must be either fake donations or people cancelling, if that's even possible.

Comment

I heard that some people cancel on purpose on some site (could be gofundme) because they get their full donation back even though the site takes whatever %, so they actually deduct more money than they paid from the fund.

Comment

It sounds like what happens to youtubers when they stream, "Pay me for a shout out!" and then later on they find there's been a PayPal chargeback.

Maybe these people are missing the point of a charitable donation and they themselves want to be rewarded, and when they're not they grab their money back.

Originally posted by TheOtter
                                I heard that some people cancel on purpose on some site (could be gofundme) because they get their full donation back even though the site takes whatever %, so they actually deduct more money than they paid from the fund.
                                I can believe that, these cold hearted people are having negative effects on those who actually want to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X