This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

That's too bad for Stefan. You can only wish him all the best and hope that everything will go well, even if it is unfortunately unlikely.

Comment

Sad. But he did a lot of great things with the time he had, and if he doesn't make it at least we know he was happy in the end and went in peace.

Comment

This makes me sad...very sad!

Comment

Stefán has received the official news from his doctors that his tumors have been diagnosed as inoperable. His time remaining is estimated at 10-12 months, assuming that everything goes as planned. There is no going back. There is no cure. There is nothing that can be done to stop the clock, though he is planning to try to slow it a bit with chemotherapy, which he will be starting soon. He wants his fans to know that he loves us from the bottom of his heart, that the support, love, and care that he has been showered with has been unbelievable, and has made a real difference in his life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sk.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	150145

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, not fair.
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              Stefán has received the official news from his doctors that his tumors have been diagnosed as inoperable. His time remaining is estimated at 10-12 months, assuming that everything goes as planned. There is no going back. There is no cure. There is nothing that can be done to stop the clock, though he is planning to try to slow it a bit with chemotherapy, which he will be starting soon. He wants his fans to know that he loves us from the bottom of his heart, that the support, love, and care that he has been showered with has been unbelievable, and has made a real difference in his life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8427[/ATTACH]
              My heart is aching. Reality truly just set in fully.

Comment

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

It really is devastating news (even knowing that such a diagnosis was highly probable).

There is not much that can be said about it, beyond what has already been said.

The only thing I can add from my side (learned from two very dear relatives that I lost due to cancer and several friends who still suffer and fight against it) is that each day of life is in itself a small miracle (even knowing with certainty that you have very little time left) because is a unexpected chance to make every moment really matters.

And, as Stefán says, you MUST take advantage of the MAXIMUM possible time to be with your loved ones (family and friends) and show them your appreciation and affection. At the end, it's all that matters and fills the spirit, regardless of whether you're 1 year old or 100.

Even so, my heart feels a deep sadness for Stefán's condition...

Comment

New Metastases Detected In LazyTown Star Stefán Karl Stefánsson

Click image for larger version

Name:	976180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	150148
                    Stefán Karl and his wife Steinunn Ólína. Golli / Kjartan Þorbjörnsson

Originally posted by mbl.is
                    Actor Stefán Karl Stefánsson who has been battling cancer has been diagnosed with new metastases that cannot be surgically removed. Last autumn it seemed that the cancer had disappeared. "A difficult turning point," says his wife, actress Steinunn Ólina Þorsteinsdóttir in a public Facebook post.

Actor Stefán Karl Stefánsson is best known for his role as Robbie Rotten in TV series LazyTown, He was diagnosed with stage four cancer of the bile duct (cholangiocarcinoma)in 2016. Stefánsson has received wishes for a speedy recovery from all around the globe.

His wife writes, "Even though I knew for a long time that this day would come, it's a difficult turning point. There is no cure for this. Now he will have to undergo chemotherapy to try to prolong his life and we hope that this will go as well is possibly can, to improve how he feels and to prolong his life." She adds that he is in the hands of a fantastic doctor and medical team. "His illness has had an impact on the whole family, naturally. Some days we feel very low, some days we are happy and are happy about all that we have accomplished together and lived together. Nobody can take that away from us, however this goes. Not even death itself."

Comment

Probably not the most appropriate place to post it, but scrolling down the article above revealed this

And i thought iceland had like no crime...

Comment

Working...
                      X