X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stefan Karl Diagnosed With Cancer

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-...er-clinic.html
    If true this is a good step to make this cancer less deadly in the future.

Comment

I know that everyone's heard about it, but why not add to the thread.

Stevan's cancer has progressed onto a much more fatal stage and has reduced his life expectancy considerably. He's in my mind and although I'm not religious, my prayers.
      I'll never take meeting this man for 10 minutes one day for granted.

- - - Updated - - -

One of my cousins from the UK sent me a screenshotted facebook post saying that he could 'Die any day now'. I mean, this was back when the news about the Stage 4 progression thingy hadn't even come out yet. It sickens me.

Comment

I've been extremely worried about Stefán and still am, but I don't believe he is dying. Actually I think he will survive for at least a few more years. Why? I check the sources I think are the most reliable (the GoFundMe page updates, Stefán's personal social media, and the Facebook page of Steina, his wife) and from them I get the impression that even though it's unfortunately very likely that he will die prematurely, it won't happen anytime soon. First, although Stefán was recently in the hospital with an infection, he has now been allowed to go home and is feeling well enough to not only use his social media, but also to go for a helicopter ride with his family to celebrate his birthday as told by Mark Valenti in the newest update. There are tons of people who care about Stefán which the donations are testament to, so if anything new had happened to worsen Stefán's condition Mark wouldn't just keep the fans in the dark. Second, Steina posts regular updates and even pictures of him which I don't think she would do in a situation of crisis. Just checked, so does Stefán, it seems like he's in Iceland right now and is doing just fine. Third and perhaps the most important, on Steina's birthday Stefán wrote a long Facebook post where he mentioned, among other things, that he was "looking forward to spending the next few years with [her]" (paraphrasing). This certainly implies that he has good reason to believe he has a few years left to live, and nobody should know it better than himself, right? He's the one who's heard everything directly from the doctors, and your own will to live definitely plays a part in how long you will stay alive. If he's determined to survive for some extra years, I believe he will. No, you can never know for sure, but I have the capacity to dwell on things to such a degree that I choose to be optimistic instead

Comment

I hate to be negative, but I feel the helicopter/tour of Iceland trip may have been a sort of "Farewell" trip for his family and children. The fact of the matter is, he could likely go from being fairly "healthy" one day to gravely ill the next. I certainly hope he does have years left, but I just don't know. However, he sure does still look good in all those pictures from his trips. He appears happy and seemingly healthy. I hope things stay that way.

Comment

babytroll gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by babytroll View Post
              I hate to be negative, but I feel the helicopter/tour of Iceland trip may have been a sort of "Farewell" trip for his family and children. The fact of the matter is, he could likely go from being fairly "healthy" one day to gravely ill the next. I certainly hope he does have years left, but I just don't know. However, he sure does still look good in all those pictures from his trips. He appears happy and seemingly healthy. I hope things stay that way.
              Eh, I don't think so, because the update said it was a gift from a friend. You could certainly read it as "something you want done before you die" but the fact remains it was his birthday and that's an appropriate day for doing unusual activities. Anyway, from everything I've read I get the impression that even though they know the possibility exists they are not expecting it to happen soon. I did mention or imply that I know it's still no guarantee, but hoping for the best regardless of the situation is simply my way of handling it. I'm just happy he was healthy enough at that particular moment to go through with the ride in the first place, because it wouldn't have surprised me if he had to stay in the hospital for even longer. But I do get what you're trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by RecipeForStephanie View Post
                I'll never take meeting this man for 10 minutes one day for granted.
                Wow, you're very lucky.
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

New gofundme update written by Stefán himself (in English) to explain the current situation and clear things up. Very useful information. https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk?vie...campaign=upd_n

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
                    New gofundme update written by Stefán himself (in English) to explain the current situation and clear things up. Very useful information. https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk?vie...campaign=upd_n
                    SECRET PROJECT!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                      SECRET PROJECT!
                      I KNOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
                        I KNOW!!!
                        I mean, he's mentioned the project, so technically it's not a secret anymore. He should unburden himself and tell us what it is ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                          It looks like it will be hosted, at least partially, here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/688184834682750/
                          So, I read that Stefan no longer has cancer? Is that true? Because going from stage 4 to nill is nothing short of a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                            I mean, he's mentioned the project, so technically it's not a secret anymore. He should unburden himself and tell us what it is ;)
                            We can always hope he'll slip up like when the Mayor was absolutely not supposed to tell anyone who the winner of the Person of the Year award was … :p

"IT'S SPORTACUS"

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
                              According to Stefan's step-daughter...
                              Step daughter? Was Steinunn married before? I didn't know Stefan had a step daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
                                Idk what to tell you but this was from the girl's about page
                                img
                                Oh ok, I was worried we were looking at another Magnus situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X