LazyTown Fanfiction for your Perusal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown Fanfiction for your Perusal

I prefer ao3 overall, uploading/editing stories is easiest for me there and I like the tagging system. Ffnet is okay, I mostly maintain a page over there for sentimental reasons and to reach more people. Haven't posted full stories on tumblr as the "read more" function doesn't seem to work on mobile, so it is annoying trying to scroll through.

Comment

IMO

WP > FF > AOOO

I remember when everyone used FF.net a decade ago. Good times.

Comment

I have decided to knuckle down and work on my idea for a choose your own adventure story in LazyTown. "Choose Your Own Lazy Adventure."

Not sure how long it will take to make this thing. CYOA stories have a lot of moving parts. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so we'll see if this comes out in the end.

Comment

The decision tree is a bit unwieldy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	decision tree 5 17.png
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	150180

.. and this isn't even halfway mapped out, I don't think. Maybe I am making it overly complicated. There are probably easier ways to do this, but I don't know them. I would like to have one complete branch finished that I could demo soon. At this point I don't know when "soon" is. I guess there isn't really a rush, so I can continue to enjoy the puzzling out.

Comment

Sometimes there is no easy way, and it looks like this works for you. It looks interesting already :)
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnGry View Post
              I have decided to knuckle down and work on my idea for a choose your own adventure story in LazyTown. "Choose Your Own Lazy Adventure."

Not sure how long it will take to make this thing. CYOA stories have a lot of moving parts. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so we'll see if this comes out in the end.
              Are you planning to submit it to writing.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni Glæpur View Post
                Are you planning to submit it to writing.com?
                I am not a member of that website and not familiar with it. It does not seem like the right place to upload fanfiction.

Comment

I use it sometimes. It's great for interactive stories, especially CYOA.

Comment

Good luck with this CYOA!

Comment

The CYOA is looking like it will be a lot bigger than I thought, even after already adjusting my expectations. I am almost done writing out one decision branch, and that alone will be over 40 pages long. Bear in mind some pages are only a few sentences of text, but it's still over 6000 words, so fairly decent length.

Will be good to get some feedback when I finally have that released in a PDF. I am thinking in the next week the demo will be ready, just that branch.

Comment

The CYOA is looking like it will be a lot bigger than I thought, even after already adjusting my expectations. I am almost done writing out one decision branch, and that alone will be over 40 pages long. Bear in mind some pages are only a few sentences of text, but it's still over 6000 words, so fairly decent length.

Will be good to get some feedback when I finally have that released in a PDF. I am thinking in the next week the demo will be ready, just that branch.
                        Can't wait. I will give you my input afte rI check out the demo! :)

Comment

The demo is complete! I left a few lines of text in with strikethroughs to give an idea of where more branching paths will occur down the road, but otherwise this is pretty much ready for a test drive. I have uploaded a PDF on Google Docs that can be accessed here!

I hope this brings some amusement to people. I am going to take a break from it for a while before fleshing it out anymore and working on the other branches.

Comment

The demo is complete! I left a few lines of text in with strikethroughs to give an idea of where more branching paths will occur down the road, but otherwise this is pretty much ready for a test drive. I have uploaded a PDF on Google Docs that can be accessed here!

I hope this brings some amusement to people. I am going to take a break from it for a while before fleshing it out anymore and working on the other branches.
                            Reading it right now. Will tell you what I think tomorrow when I can post again. :)

Comment

This was actually really well done. I went through the story a few times, taking different opinions. I eventually read the whole thing starting on Page 1.

Really hope to see more like this. Great job. :)

Comment

Glad to hear the demo went well. There will definitely be more down the road, including paths with the rest of the characters in town.

Comment

Working...
                                X