Burn Latibaer on DVD w/ subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn Latibaer on DVD w/ subs

Ok got the srt file stuck it with the video file but it's showing annoyingly huge ffont size..any way to change the font size?

Originally posted by Frances View Post
    Ok got the srt file stuck it with the video file but it's showing annoyingly huge ffont size..any way to change the font size?
    I'm not sure which program you are using, but it seems to be something that would need to be changed within the application, as is it simply a notepad file with the basic formatting.

Comment

Use VLC to play videos with subtitles. It lets you format the fonts while watching.
      I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

And of course PotPlayer is good variant too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          I'm not sure which program you are using, but it seems to be something that would need to be changed within the application, as is it simply a notepad file with the basic formatting.
          I'm using freemake video convertor to put the video with the subtitles and trying to burn a disc...but when I played it in windows media player the text is too big.. So will the text still be too big after I burn the video to the disc?

Comment

I'm using freemake video convertor to put the video with the subtitles and trying to burn a disc...but when I played it in windows media player the text is too big.. So will the text still be too big after I burn the video to the disc?
            The .srt file doesn't contain any text style information. It's just the subtitle text with the timestamps. Your video converter has to do the style formatting and if there is no setting for that you probably have problems like you describe here. In Aegisub (subtitle software) you can open the .srt file and style format the text like you want and save the file with text style formating, and not export as .srt.
            I did something myself, maybe this subtitle file is more helpfull for you:

https://mega.nz/#!PowW1RaA!YY7HE1wve...J1xbllrHcM_pc0

--- update ---

Well I tried the software and it's total useless if you want to add subtitles in the DVD video stream. There is no settings at all to adjust the subtitle settings and the text style format of the subtitle-file is totally ignored. I suggest to use other video converter software, most of the free converters are doing a fine job.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

If you rename the srt-file to match the video-file, it will automatically be added as subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mystic View Post
                Use VLC to play videos with subtitles. It lets you format the fonts while watching.
                Is there any way to save the file to my computer from VLC?

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                The .srt file doesn't contain any text style information. It's just the subtitle text with the timestamps. Your video converter has to do the style formatting and if there is no setting for that you probably have problems like you describe here. In Aegisub (subtitle software) you can open the .srt file and style format the text like you want and save the file with text style formating, and not export as .srt.
                I did something myself, maybe this subtitle file is more helpfull for you:

https://mega.nz/#!PowW1RaA!YY7HE1wve...J1xbllrHcM_pc0

--- update ---

Well I tried the software and it's total useless if you want to add subtitles in the DVD video stream. There is no settings at all to adjust the subtitle settings and the text style format of the subtitle-file is totally ignored. I suggest to use other video converter software, most of the free converters are doing a fine job.
                Thanks Pooky

Originally posted by Mr. Mystic View Post
                If you rename the srt-file to match the video-file, it will automatically be added as subtitles.
                So just rename everything the same like example.mp4 and example.srt... as long as the file says "example" the same, then I don't have to use a convertor to put the subtitles on the video... is that what you mean?

Comment

To answer your questions.

If you name the video file the same as the subtitle file, the software you use automatically add the subtitles to the stream. Simple as that.

Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ.avi
                  Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ.srt

You can try to use one o the free converters at videohelp.com/ like ConvertXtoDVD 6.0.0.54, which does a fine job converting the video to DVD format and you can adjust the subtitle text the way you like.

btw VLC is a player, and only that, nothing more.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Thanks again Pooky, I'm gonna dive in there and see if anything works, I'll let ya know!

Comment

So just rename everything the same like example.mp4 and example.srt... as long as the file says "example" the same, then I don't have to use a convertor to put the subtitles on the video... is that what you mean?
                      Yeah, that's exactly what I mean :)

Comment

Re: Burn Latibaer on DVD w/ subs

I see that I have BurnAware on my computer to burn different media/data, maybe you can use it as a substitute for the other video converters. There is a free version of it on their website.

http://www.burnaware.com

Comment

Probably what would be the best solution would be for Stingy to re-do it and put the subs with the video so it's one file with subs and re-upload the video back on Youtube again... then us regular folks won't have to mess around with weird freeware?

Comment

Probably what would be the best solution would be for Stingy to re-do it and put the subs with the video so it's one file with subs and re-upload the video back on Youtube again... then us regular folks won't have to mess around with weird freeware?
                            Yes, the best solution is always for someone else to do it for you. What is boils down to is that I've spent a few hundred dollars and countless hours preparing these subtitles. If you have a special desire for these subtitles to be hardsubbed into the video, then that's up to you to figure out. I've given you all of the tools that you'll need. If all else fails, you can always capture your screen as the YT video plays.

Comment

Stingy I can see you put alot of money into it... I spose it's too hard for you to do the hardsubing to make it easier for us comp dummies. I guess we're all on our own here in the same boat at Getlazy... at least we can watch it on Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X