No announcement yet.

What keeps you interested in Lazy Town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What keeps you interested in Lazy Town?

The cheerfulness.

Comment

The comedy, especially from Robbie Rotten. Stefanson (sorry for the mispelled name) is good to play such an expressive character. :robbierotten: It has a bunch of likeable characters, and it's a very positive series in general. It's nice to take it easy and enjoy the silliness and the catchy songs. It almost succeeds at making me feel like doing some physical activity.

Comment

The Internet memes and remixes.

Comment

I like the values that are expressed in the show. A happy, successful, innocent, technologically advanced, intelligent, diverse, inclusive, true, brave, healthy, active, adventure-filled way of life, in which evil (Robbie) always fails. I think it's much better for children, including the inner children of adults, than probably all other children's entertainment out there.

Stephanie is a great model for girls, and Sportacus is a great model for boys - they are almost archetypal healthy gender role models. The other characters do an excellent job at showing various roles / archetypes that people can fall into likewise, and even though those roles are "negative" they still manage to be portrayed in a very positive way - I love things like Stingy's car and adultness, Pixel's crazy techie skills, Trixie's independence, and that Robbie is actually a big softie.

Comment

It was a big part of my life when I was younger so nostalgia has a lot to do with it. And it still motivates me as an adult to balance what I eat and be more active. When I was younger it kept me entertained and taught me things but now that I am an adult I have a new appreciation towards the show. Knowing that Magnus came from a small town yet still went after his goal and built Lazy Town from the ground up is inspiring. Those are the main reasons I keep watching. And the music is quite boss!

Comment

The songs. They are just sooo catchy and I always say to my parents at 12pm, "Just one more song?" when instead I watch 20 and say, "the song is very long."

Comment

Everything about it. It's a very good franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by bleikt hár View Post
                  Stephanie is a great model for girls, and Sportacus is a great model for boys - they are almost archetypal healthy gender role models.
                  Not just that, but what I consider downsides of this show is the amount of what TV Tropes calls Fantastic Racism-the human characters appear in every episode and have CONSIDERABLY more merch than the puppets. (Am a bit confused as to the range of Robbie Rotten products made. Yes, he's a boss and a legend, but his lifestyle is the exact opposite of what the show is promoting) Also, if it weren't for Trixie, I could see many a feminist getting angry with this show. But I wouldn't be surprised if some still do; tomboy Trixie gets a lot less screen time that Stephanie the girly girl, who stars in pink "girls'" merchandise, appearing to perpetuate the idea that girls "must" be pink and cute and pretty and like things like flowers and hearts and butterflies and dancing and princesses. Her masculine counterpart Sportacus, who wears the "boys'" colour blue, has the same rule but for boys, saying that they are "supposed to be" strong and cool and like machines, and have we ever seen Sportacus cry? Stephanie and Sportacus aren't just archetypes, they are (hopefully outdated) stereotypes.

Rant aside, what keeps me interested? Mostly my fanfic, I think. Still have a lot to do before it's finished...

Comment

Probably my passion for making LazyTown Opposite Day videos.

Comment

I love the songs, I love the characters, I love the episodes, I love everything about LazyTown.

Comment

Tje whole theme about friebdship and how to Express yourself

Comment

Quite a few reasons keep me with the show. One of the reasons is nostalgia; I love to watch shows that I used to watch as a child because it brings me back to those carefree days and taps into my inner child/imaginative side. It is a great refresher to watch shows meant for children such as LazyTown because it takes you away from the complicated problems of the world and reminds you of valuable lessons such as being kind to others, working together, etc. Lessons that you wouldn't necessarily be taught with shows aimed at an older audience.

Another reason is that I am able to really appreciate the work and effort that was put into this show. The technical aspects of this show are SO impressive! Each episode is like a mini movie. The show is so unique in every single way.

Comment

The music, the color, and the sense of nostalgia it gives off. It hearkens back to simpler times that I miss.

Comment

To be honest...very little anymore.
                              With no hope for new shows, diminishing exposure on TV.
                              No input from the actual performers....
                              I don't see why I even bother....

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey2001 View Post
                                To be honest...very little anymore.
                                With no hope for new shows, diminishing exposure on TV.
                                No input from the actual performers....
                                I don't see why I even bother....
                                It's difficult to stay interested in circumstances like this. Right now, it's kind of up to us fans to create our own LazyTown content and entertainment. I can't change the way that you feel, and can't even say that it's unjustified, but I can never endorse someone losing interest in LazyTown and hope that you hang on for as long as you can :)

Comment

Working...
                                X