No announcement yet.

What keeps you interested in Lazy Town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What keeps you interested in Lazy Town?

This question has been on my mind for a while. I was wondering what keeps everyone interested in this series? I mean the show is targeted mainly at a younger audience. Me personally I love the music and seeing what goes on behind the scenes. I also like Mayor Meanswell,Sportacus,Stephanie and Robbie those are my favorite characters. Also Being a voice actor I love to imitate other voices as well as come up with my own. I been told I can do a pretty good impression of the mayor. But I am getting off topic. What keeps you guys interested in this series?

Re: What keeps you interested in Lazy Town?

in my deranged sadness..it brings me back to innocent happiness

Comment

Originally posted by Broxxx1138 View Post
      It's quite the same for me. But I was sad before, and when i first watched lazytown it pushed me to start exercising and from there i started being more positive and everything is better now, I increased 14kg in 1 year so i am way healthier now. And for the question, I am a lazy town fan for less than 2 years so i don't know if i will still be interested in a few years, probably i will.

Edit: English is not my first language.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
        It's quite the same for me. But I was sad before, and when i first watched lazytown it pushed me to start exercising and from there i started being more positive and everything is better now, I increased 14kg in 1 year so i am way healthier now. And for the question, I am a lazy town fan for less than 2 years so i don't know if i will still be interested in a few years, probably i will.

Edit: English is not my first language.
        It is alright. I am not that great at it either. I am glad you are doing better in life

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Broxxx1138 View Post
        I was in a sad situation when I first started getting into Lazy Town. Now I am in a better living situation.

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
          It is alright. I am not that great at it either. I am glad you are doing better in life

- - - Updated - - -

I was in a sad situation when I first started getting into Lazy Town. Now I am in a better living situation.
          Thanks. Glad you are doing better now too :)

Comment

I have ingrained myself so deeply into LazyTown that there is no going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              I have ingrained myself so deeply into LazyTown that there is no going back.
              Lol I see considering how many cd's you have collected

Comment

I agree with all of you guys..I will love lazytown until I die. (and probably after as well)

Comment

still Stephanie (JR)...the community...and the fanmade subculture (remixes, videos, shoops)
                  Gallery

Comment

Yes! Whenever I'm depressed, I watch an episode or two, and I get really happy again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                      still Stephanie (JR)...the community...and the fanmade subculture (remixes, videos, shoops)
                      All very good reasons. I also enjoy the fanmade stuff and the community

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lina Ínverse View Post
                      Yes! Whenever I'm depressed, I watch an episode or two, and I get really happy again.
                      Awesome

Comment

That's actually a really interesting question.
                        The thing that first got me introduced to the show (The Limewire Hype 2009) is easy enough, but what makes me want to keep up with the show an everything, is a whole other ordeal.

For me, personally, it would have to be the community.
                        When I got introduced to the show (for the third time I think) and eventually found this wonderful place called GetLazy, I was at a particular sad place in my life. I had extremely few people who I talked to, and 3 out of the 4 friends I would talk to on a somewhat daily basis, weren't even from my own country. The last one was my former classmate, that sadly moved to another city with his girlfriend. I would spend almost every single minute of the day on 4chan (on the saddest board of them all), and eventually I got to speak with one of the board members on Omegle. He advised me to get out of that poopwhole as quick as possible, and literally do anything other than spend my time there. I still remember his words to this day:
                        "Do anything else than stay at 4chan. If you don't have any friends to speak to, just find somewhere else to spend your time. Even joining a forum or something is better, just literally do ANYTHING other than to be on 4chan."

A few weeks later I was watching some LazyTown videos on YouTube, and I feel over this guitar-cover of You are a Pirate. I decided that I would put my own musical skills at work, and make some covers of the songs from the show, under the name LazyCovers. In my search of obtaining original scores for the songs, I fell over a thread on this sites named "LazyTown MIDI files". It was posted by our beloved Stingy, and after exchanging some emails with him, we actually found out we had been talking to each other on YouTube 6 years prior!
                        I then became a, somewhat, loyal user here on the site, and suddenly things were looking up.
                        I was no longer a nameless Anonymous, posting useless things on a site full of weird and ignorant people, no, I now was "Someone", on a site where I could actually communicate with users, all sharing the same interest as me.

To be quite frank with you, I didn't join GL with a huge passion for LazyTown. My addiction has more or less evolved the longer I've been here. I have always loved the songs to bits, and you can read page long texts about my feelings for them in different threads here on the site. I have even experienced the growth of the show as an internet "meme" all the way back since 2007. But I've watched everything from a different angle than most of the users here on the site. I would have never thought that there actually existed a dedicated space to these people online, but I am forever thankful that there did.
                        My passion for LazyTown has been created by all of you guys here on the forum, and I guess that's whats keeping me coming back here. The interviews, remixes, and ytmnd's being created, even after all these years, is really admirably to me. It's shows the clear dedication you users have towards the show, and to be part of that makes me even happier than I could have ever dreamed off just a year ago.
                        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I am glad you are doing better Mr. Mystic And I am glad you are part of this community

Comment

that's kinda touching MM....got my eyes wet a bit
                            Gallery

Comment

I first saw the "You are a Pirate GIF" on several sites and wondered why people were using a kid's show for a meme.
                              So I googled for the video and watched it, and became more and more curious.
                              Of course, I also go the Stephanie bug and loved her from then on...
                              After watching several of the episodes I realised the love and care that had gone into preparing the show and this came to make me love Iceland and the show's creators.
                              Then I discovered this forum, and have been here ever since.
                              Very happy to have this sub culture and distraction for me.
                              I have to agree with someone else above... brings me back to innocent happiness!

Comment

Working...
                              X