Trixie's Original Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trixie's Original Name?

I was checking out a cached version of Lazytown.com from 2003 and found the below image of a shoeline that was put out. If you look closely, you will see that the character's names are listed on the shoe box.
    You will see that there is Solla Stirða/Stiffanie (Stephanie), Íþróttaálfurinn (Sportacus), Goggi Mega (Pixel), and unless you can read it better than I can, they have the name Toemy (pronounced like Tommy) or Tolmy next to Trixie. It seems as if for a little while they planned to name Trixie that. I guess they were going for a tomboy thing.

Re: Trixie's Original Name?

Nice find

Comment

nice find...when "Toemy" sounds like "Tommy" isn't it supposed to be a male name then?
      Gallery

Comment

Cool

Comment

cool I would also like to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
            nice find...when "Toemy" sounds like "Tommy" isn't it supposed to be a male name then?
            It's very uncommon, but no unheard of for a female to be named Tommy. They're never named Tom though. They probably changed it to Trixie because of that weirdness.

Comment

I would have definitely prefered this name over "Trixie". It feels way more unique. There's a "Trixie" in every second TV series and it's honestly getting lame.
              Welp unfortunate. Another reason for me to wish the old LazyTown back.

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post
                I would have definitely prefered this name over "Trixie". It feels way more unique. There's a "Trixie" in every second TV series and it's honestly getting lame.
                Welp unfortunate. Another reason for me to wish the old LazyTown back.
                Nickelodeon already had a prominent character named Tommy. It's funny to wish for an old LazyTown back that only existed on shoes.

Comment

Ah yeah, because there wasn't like 3 plays, a ton of merch and a whole established concept behind it nah

nahhhhhhhh

And even though you might be correct, I don't think nickelodeon has had a character named "PC Hyperbyte" either-
                  so Idk if that was the actual reason for the change

Comment

There were 2 plays. Not 3. I don't count Joy in Lazytown as a play.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidsy128 View Post
                      There were 2 plays. Not 3. I don't count Joy in Lazytown as a play.
                      That's just like... your opinion man.

Comment

Fantastic sleuth work.

Comment

Working...
                        X