What Sportacus move can you do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Sportacus move can you do...

a handstand? yep, i've been practicing them for a while and I can hold it for almost a minute -- i can also walk around a bit on my hands. it seems that not many people can do them, though -- considering everyone i've asked either can't or are too scared to do it!

how about you guys?
    sigpic

Pics.

Also, no, lol. I stopped trying to do anything remotely gynasticy many years ago.

Comment

I could it a long time ago, but not anymore.

But maybe I can still do my cartwheels or what ever this is called in English.

Comment

fine, i'll take some pics on monday shame on you non-believers!
        sigpic

Comment

i believe him :) but i still wanna see it ;)

and i can't do anything athletic :(

Comment

aw, you can do it too! i've been trying to get everyone into doing handstands, but half of them go all bent and weird when they get on their hands and end up falling down by the first second. but not to worry! i'll be helping them :)

anyways, as i said -- i'll have pictures on monday :) my art teacher took some when i did a one handed one (i can only hold that for like a few seconds) but i never got them. just you guys wait...
            sigpic

Comment

I can sorta do it on a trampoline, that's about it tho

Comment

i was only trying these the other day, got 3/4 of the wy up and i just fell on my neck, wont be doing that again lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stevilito
                  i was only trying these the other day, got 3/4 of the wy up and i just fell on my neck, wont be doing that again lol
                  This is why I don't do hand stands, I'm afraid I might break something! I can do cartwheels and the the half spin in mid-air cartwheels, though.

When you're learning how to do handstands, do you need any special equipment like a helmet? Maybe a coach? Like what do you do to learn how to do it properly without breaking anything?

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    When you're learning how to do handstands, do you need any special equipment like a helmet? Maybe a coach? Like what do you do to learn how to do it properly without breaking anything?
                    Nope, nothing. It's actually pretty safe to learn on your own IMO... All you really need is a nice bit of space -- Preferably outside on a grass patch or something. Probably the only thing you need to know is how to do is go into a roll from a handstand -- As it doesn't hurt at all compared to falling flat on your back. You just bend your arms, and curl your back as you start to fall.
                    sigpic

Comment

yay

(yeah, i wanted my legs to be in the shot too, but my one friend isn't much a photographer )

my friend took a video of me as extra proof that i can do a handstand i might put it up sometime.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EdisLeado
                        Nope, nothing. It's actually pretty safe to learn on your own IMO... All you really need is a nice bit of space -- Preferably outside on a grass patch or something. Probably the only thing you need to know is how to do is go into a roll from a handstand -- As it doesn't hurt at all compared to falling flat on your back. You just bend your arms, and curl your back as you start to fall.
                        Thank you, I'll probably try it somewheres safe. It's been awhile since I practiced rolling, I should practice that first. :)

Nice handstand! It still looks dangerous! How long were you like that while your friend was taking the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                          Thank you, I'll probably try it somewheres safe. It's been awhile since I practiced rolling, I should practice that first. :)

Nice handstand! It still looks dangerous! How long were you like that while your friend was taking the picture?
                          I had to hold it for about 30 seconds
                          sigpic

Comment

I had to hold it for about 30 seconds
                            Wow, pretty cool. Did the blood rush to your head? :)

Comment

I don't have the upper-body strength to do that. I can barely manage pushups! :oops:

I have been working on my leg flexibility though, I've improved some and I might even be able to do a split someday soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X