Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown Pilot Episode

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
    The full Pilot episode is uploaded by Shelby. Funny to see animations between the live acts.

Just had another look back at the full pilot, and it truly amazes me.
    I would have loved to watch the style of the TV Show, as it was back then.
    It was almost like a sitcom type of show.

The puppets were changed, was changed, and they even managed to fade out the "love sidestory" which was hinted in the first episode. Nickelodeon sure knew how to ruin the original idea.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I still love what LazyTown have become, but this pilot episode is like a totally different show. I would totally watch this for hours - even without music.

They should still switch to Julianna though. A pilot-episode show with JRM I would go totally otaku tier over.. :heartbounce:
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
      The puppets were changed, was changed, and they even managed to fade out the "love sidestory" which was hinted in the first episode./I][/SIZE]
      You mean with Pixel having an obvious crush on Stephanie? Good point, because I wondered why that was never brought up again. Also the end of the crystal caper episode I think they were implying a romance between Trixie and Stingy, unless it was just a friendly kiss, that was never brought up again.

Comment

LazyTown Pilot Episode

I've been thinking about this "x has a crush on y" thing as well, but personally I'm ok with the current version of LT, it shouldn't be about romances or 'shipping' rather about friendship and keeping together.. I also got surprised at the end of that bing bang version when Trixie tried to...kiss Stingy?? idk but the other, Pixel's crush thing is almost the only thing I personally dislike in the show for some reason, since I first saw it. remember, the characters were quite different, even in the pilot, and probably older(see stageplays), at least I've seen 3D model pictures and there they looked older.

Comment

Sportacus' dubbed voice really throws me off. I love his goofy Icelandic accent; it makes him sound much more otherworldly. He is a sports-elf after all. Here he just sounds... cocky? Really off-putting.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceStingy View Post
            You mean with Pixel having an obvious crush on Stephanie? Good point, because I wondered why that was never brought up again. Also the end of the crystal caper episode I think they were implying a romance between Trixie and Stingy, unless it was just a friendly kiss, that was never brought up again.
            Well, why not go and ask the head writer of the show about it then? ;)

BJ: Also in the episode “Welcome to LazyTown,” during the scene were Pixel first meets Stephanie it is implied that he has a crush on her, yet that idea was never touched on again after that scene. Why not?

MV: Hahaha.

BJ: I remember that scene too.

MV: Yeah, he definitely had a crush on her. The thing is, you don’t want to start something you can’t finish. So if you have a character with a crush, you have to develop that thread, which means Stephanie would have to age upward and lose some of her natural innocence. Even if it was about a sweet and young romance, that’s not what the show is about. So, we just decided to abandon that, or it was just abandoned naturally. There was the romantic scenario between Milford and Bessie; the unrequited kind of thing they had going, and that was better for us, because they were adults, even though they were childish adults. If you have two young kids in love, you've got to go somewhere with that, so it was better just to leave it.
            http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...w-With-GetLazy
            I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

i'm hapy that they didnt use the pupets that were in the pilot they really creep me out

Comment

Originally posted by AnnGry View Post
                Sportacus getting dubbed over is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. Maybe they thought his accent would be too much for kids? At this point it feels like such a big part of his character, this is pretty jarring in the pilot.

And Robbie... Looks a bit scarier in this somehow. Maybe it's the butt for a chin... Interesting how Stefan talked in a slightly different manner for this version of Robbie too. A bit more stuffy or something.
                I think Stefan's voice is different sounding because he did not speak English before starting the show. He had someone to help him with his English once working on LazyTown, and he eventually learned the language and got better at speaking it. :)

Comment

That's true, he didn't spoke the language very well. You can hear that in the English movie Régina where he talks English with a very strong accent.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Would have been interesting to see how Shelby would have acted as Stephanie. I'm glad they changed though. The pilot episode had those creepy puppets instead of the fun ones we know today.

Comment

Working...
                    X