Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelby Young Interview With GetLazy.net (Submissions)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelby Young Interview With GetLazy.net (Submissions)

Hey guys, I hope you haven't forgotten about Shelby, because I'm happy to announce that yet another GetLazy interview with a member of LazyTown's cast/crew will soon be conducted! Shelby Young, the actress originally slated to play Stephanie in the television series, has agreed to spend some time talking with me about her time while working with LazyTown. As you may know, Shelby was only briefly associated with LazyTown, and she was all set to portray Stephanie, but unfortunately had to back out due to a contractual disagreement between LazyTown and her union. However, Shelby was around during an extremely unique and interesting period of LazyTown: when LazyTown as a television series was still in its infant stage, and when the still mysterious pilot episode was filmed!

It is up to you, the GetLazy community, to come up with the questions that will be asked during the interview! Please submit your questions for her to answer by replying to this thread. You can ask her anything that you would like, whether about LazyTown, her other work, or anything else you can think of, as long as the question is appropriate and not overly personal. We will try to cover all of the questions asked, but I can not guarantee that they will have the time to answer everything. Keep in mind, this interview may be shorter than others due to her brief time being related to LazyTown, unlike past interviews with people who spent several years employed with the company. Shelby will have the opportunity to reject any questions that she does not want to answer, but that has never been a problem. The interview will be held on Saturday, January 16th, 2016, and the submission period will be open until the end of Sunday, January 10th, 2016. Please have your questions submitted by then!

I am really looking forward to getting your questions and putting out yet another great interview done for LazyTown fans, by LazyTown fans.

Originally posted by IMdB Biography
    Shelby Young is an American actress with lead and supporting roles under her belt in numerous film and television projects. Shelby's most recent work consists of the lead role of Amy Lawrence in the upcoming feature film, "Welcome Home." Her other recent work includes the starring role of Vivian in the film "A Haunting in Cawdor", a psychological thriller also starring Cary Elwes (due to be released soon!). Previously, Shelby had two back-to-back lead roles in both feature films "The Midnight Game" and "Nightlight", and a very intense guest starring role on the long-standing Television series, "Criminal Minds". Another recent film venture for Shelby was none other than the Oscar nominated, David Fincher directed/Aaron Sorkin penned, "The Social Network."

Alternately praised and hated by soap fans for her work as the spiteful Kinsey on the legendary NBC property "Days Of Our Lives", possibly Shelby's most buzzed about role was her stint as a recurring character on the Emmy winning, Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk created series "American Horror Story" on FX. Years of commercial, voice, modeling and stage work led Shelby to a recurring role as Jennifer on the CW's "Everybody Hates Chris", guest star roles on the hit MTV series, "Awkward." along with "Ghost Whisperer" and "Freddie", and a high profile supporting role alongside Emma Roberts, Aidan Quinn and the late Natasha Richardson in Universal's "Wild Child" movie.

Shelby was the original pilot lead for Nickelodeon's popular "Lazytown" project and has also appeared in the films "2 Bedroom 1 Bath", "Waltzing Anna" & "The Naked Brothers Band Movie". Shelby has done extensive voice work, her most recent endeavor was recording both voice and motion capture for the lead role of Annie in the XboxOne launch title "Dead Rising 3". Her other voice work ranges from being the "General Mills" girl in New York, where she previously voiced a large number of the Lucky Charms, Trix and Coco Puffs commercials to ADR work in popular films, such as Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto", Wes Craven's "My Soul To Take", "Bridge to Terabithia", along with many others.

Re: Shelby Young Interview With GetLazy.net

Congrats on landing this interview!
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
      ...she was all set to portray Stephanie, but unfortunately had to back out due to a contractual disagreement between LazyTown and her union...
      may god bless the union...
      Gallery

Comment

Yeah, huge congrats on this one. Really isn't an everyday thing to interview a person like Shelby.
        Speaking to her, you gotta ask her if she got a copy of the pilot! Would be a true dream if she had, and was willing to share it somehow.
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Re: Shelby Young Interview With GetLazy.net (Submissions)

How did you get picked for the role as Stephanie?

Can you walk us through the first day on set?

First thoughts on the rather strange appearances of the puppets?

The style of the pilot episode is much more cinematic than the new episodes.
          Have you watched any of official released LazyTown episodes?
          - What do you think about it? What about the songs?

Did you ever get a chance to speak with any of the future portrayers of 'Stephanie'?

What did the time post LazyTown bring you?

Thought on adults watching the show.. (of course)

Do you own a copy of the entire pilot episode? If so we have a little ginger kid here on GetLazy that is DYING to finally watch it!! plz...

Comment

how long was your stay in Iceland and how many time did you spend on the set?
            Did you like your Stephanie costume or did you feel uncomfortable with this outfit?
            Was it your first time in Europe and what kind of memories you have about Iceland and the ppl there?...did you any sightseeing?
            How disappointed were you knowing that your job as Stephanie got canceled?
            Do you think that your career as an actress would be completely different in case you had played the role as Stephanie in season 1 and 2?
            Were you alone in Iceland or along with your parents?
            Did you like the Icelandic food?
            What were your thoughts of the LT staff and especially about Magnus at this time?
            Do you have any souveniers from Iceland or especially from the studios?
            Do you think that the show should be continued and if so, what would you change?
            What is your favorite LT character and what's your favorite song?
            Did you have any problems with dance routines like Bing Bang dance?
            Are you in a relationship and do you think you will be married sometime?

TIA
            Gallery

Comment

UPDATE: The interview will be held on Saturday, January 16th, 2016, and the submission period will be open until the end of Sunday, January 10th, 2016. Please have your questions submitted by then!

The OP has been edited with this information.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Nice Stingy!
                  I will make my questions for ready!

Comment

Shelby Young Interview With GetLazy.net (Submissions)

Oh yeah, and why didn't you get the role of Stephanie?

Comment

Where did you learn to act? was it fun, did you finish education?
                      Are you a good singer? did you sing more songs other than the bingbang song?
                      How was it to sing song(s) for the serie, was it easy or difficult?
                      Why do you think they chose you for the role of Stephanie ?
                      How was your emotion/reaction when you heard that you could not go for the TV-role? what do you think of it now?
                      Did the acting in lazytown gave you a boost forwards for roles in other series?
                      Most people think the puppets in the pilot episode are scary because they ar very different from the puttets in the TV show, what do you think of that?
                      Was the setting in the studio already professional or were many adjustments needed to be made during recording?
                      Can you remember, who you had most contact with?
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

What do you think about Julianna's role as Stephanie?
                        How many episodes were you able to play on?
                        Do you have contact with Magnus? (Like social sites)
                        Will you play in LT like other character if they offer you?
                        What is your favorite episode and song from LT? (If you have seen it)
                        How was for you to work with Mani and Magnus?
                        Do you like Pink color? (If not, what's your favorite?)

Comment

Literally the only question I can think of, but might be too personal,
                          Christian? or Atheist?
                          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Who would you thank in your Academy Awards acceptance speech?
                            Left or Right Handed?
                            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Just a friendly reminder that the submission period is closing this weekend on Sunday, January 10th. If you wish to participate, have your questions in by the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X