ROTOSCOPING: Time Warner Lazytown GREEN SCREEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTOSCOPING: Time Warner Lazytown GREEN SCREEN

I have the feeling we already discussed this somewhere. It's from feb 2015.
    ROTOSCOPING: Lazytown GREEN SCREEN

https://vimeopro.com/amygdavis/rotos...green-screens/

original link (dead):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdZqPD8iDcY

Provided with green screen live action footage, Amy was asked to rotoscope out the rigging on multiple shots- so that the compositing would be without problems. Take notice of the rigging that crosses her dres, hair and clothing that needed repair.
    Used After Effects software.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: ROTOSCOPING: Time Warner Lazytown GREEN SCREEN

Oh yes, we did indeed discuss this!

Where on earth does this come from? I can only assume it's some kind of student named Amy that had to learn to work with green screen, but for LazyTown? I thought the studio was closed, and that noone really worked there anymore. So why are they teaching people?

Also, this is a great information. Now we know that such footage DOES exist, and that there's still hope for releasing.
    Wonder if they still have files saved with Julianna?
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      I have the feeling we already discussed this somewhere. It's from feb 2015. Take notice of the rigging that crosses her dres, hair and clothing that needed repair.
      Used After Effects software.[/I]
      Yes we did.
      But if you noticed, there some green shadows that they couldn't delete. As I know it's impossible to delete or disappear those shadows. Especially we can see them in episode 4x04 New Kid in Town.

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
        Yes we did.
        But if you noticed, there some green shadows that they couldn't delete. As I know it's impossible to delete or disappear those shadows. Especially we can see them in episode 4x04 New Kid in Town.
        Shadows are greenscreeners worst nightmare, as I can agree on. We have a blue-screen at my academy, but we are moving further and further away from that method. Now a days it's easier to use video tracking, and with the systems on the market now, you can get excellent quality videos.

Comment

I Roto Brush at least 3 times a day
          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
            I Roto Brush at least 3 times a day
            AE is a wonderful tool ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
              AE is a wonderful tool ;)
              You mean Adobe After Effects?

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
                You mean Adobe After Effects?
                I most certainly do. A program that we have just started working with at my school.

Comment

You guys and gals will have to teach me this stuff...I am photoshop savvy but that is about it..

Comment

Originally posted by Arra View Post
                    You guys and gals will have to teach me this stuff...I am photoshop savvy but that is about it..
                    The first, and probably hardest, step would of course be to get access to the programs in question. After Effects is super expensive, but if you know your ways around "licenses", you should be set for this one.
                    Next thing you would probably need to do, would be to look around YouTube for tutorials. It's hard to imagine how many great people that actually devotes their lives to posting superb quality tutorials on that site.

Another site I can recommend, is Lynda.com. We use it at my academy, and it's great if you're a total beginner to many of these programs. The courses can be a bit hard though, as a simple one will take you around 5 hours to complete, but once you're done with it, you can actually go ahead and place your skills as competences for future job applications.

Comment

Awesome..thanks for the info
                      The first, and probably hardest, step would of course be to get access to the programs in question. After Effects is super expensive, but if you know your ways around "licenses", you should be set for this one.
                      Next thing you would probably need to do, would be to look around YouTube for tutorials. It's hard to imagine how many great people that actually devotes their lives to posting superb quality tutorials on that site.

Another site I can recommend, is Lynda.com. We use it at my academy, and it's great if you're a total beginner to many of these programs. The courses can be a bit hard though, as a simple one will take you around 5 hours to complete, but once you're done with it, you can actually go ahead and place your skills as competences for future job applications.

Comment

The first, and probably hardest, step would of course be to get access to the programs in question.
                        In my experience, that's always been the easy part. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Arra View Post
                          Well let's give it shot. May I direct your attention to.... http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...4896#post84896

Comment

If youre not a native pirate, then it can indeed be a difficult step

Comment

Working...
                            X