Poison For Children: LazyTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison For Children: LazyTown

I listened to an episode on a podcast called "Poison for Children" this evening, where a group of seemingly self-proclaimed comedians dissect a children's show. The episode that I listened to, naturally, was their episode about LazyTown.

They spend a lot of time gratuitously trashing the show, over-analyzing minutiae, and not having their facts totally straightened out, all of which was expected, but they also bring up some very legitimate criticisms and points about the characters and the show in general. It's interesting to hear what outsiders might think of the show and fun to think back about how you yourself felt about LazyTown when you first encountered it. It's worth a listen if you have an hour to kill.

Listen/Download Online
    Listen on iTunes

Re: Poison For Children: LazyTown

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
    They spend a lot of time gratuitously trashing the show, over-analyzing minutiae, and not having their facts totally straightened out, all of which was expected, but they also bring up some very legitimate criticisms and points about the characters and the show in general.

Pretty much this. Though I would like to add it's not a morality show as stated in the beginning but a vehicle for healthy natural foods and just a fun romp through some mythical location. Probably why a lot of Americans didn't like the show and why it was more popular everywhere else but here in the States. I've seen enough commercials on kids channels in my day and most of it is/was junk food. Candy. Lots of candy. I also sensed a dig at European culture as well. Switzerland is officially the happiest country on Earth, followed by Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada. Maybe some Americans are jealous of that happiness. They must be doing something right that we aren't.

Bottom line I always thought of Lazytown as a charming harmless show. Does it have flaws? Of course it does. I could spend years going over flaws of anything I've watched or read over the years including my beloved Star Wars (shakes fist at Lucas).
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I listened to the podcast and I didn't like it that much actually.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        I listened to the podcast and I didn't like it that much actually.
        Yeah it's tough when people are needlessly insulting something that you like. I think they are just trying to be funny. That one guy though, I don't remember his name, but the guy that said that he would be interested in watching another full episode of the show, he's a LazyTown fan in the making ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          Yeah it's tough when people are needlessly insulting something that you like. I think they are just trying to be funny. That one guy though, I don't remember his name, but the guy that said that he would be interested in watching another full episode of the show, he's a LazyTown fan in the making ;)
          Do believe that was the guest comedian Nate. Don't understand the revulsion Ashley had for Robbie. Though on the plus side she liked Stephanie.
          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
          X