Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good To Be Bad: what happened to the video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good To Be Bad: what happened to the video?

I cannot help but wonder. What happened to the scene in suprise santa with good to be bad in? It's not there on this region 4 dvd.

Originally posted by saltren90 View Post
    I cannot help but wonder. What happened to the scene in suprise santa with good to be bad in? It's not there on this region 4 dvd.
    The PAL version removed that and a few other scenes for time. It's pretty stupid, but they apparently can't let special episodes to be special episodes.

Comment

It's not the mission of LazyTown to tell kids that it's good to be bad. So the song was removed in later DVD pressings and TV shows.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        It's not the mission of LazyTown to tell kids that it's good to be bad. So the song was removed in later DVD pressings and TV shows.
        Is that really the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          Is that really the reason?
          Speculations.
          Another reason could be that there are two songs in that episode 'Good To Be Bad' and 'I Love Christmas' right after eachother. For TV shows I can imagine that they cut out all "unnecessary" scenes and have this as an argument, although it's only 1:30 long. Why they cut out the song on DVD could be the length of the episode. Standard it's between 24 and 25 minutes long. Without the song it's indeed within that range. With the song it's extended with 1:30 and with the extra fragments the length of the total episode becomes much longer.

video

They used the first version of the song in the video. It sounds different compared to the CD version.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

In the German version of the Christmas episode of episode 1, there is the song not on the DVD. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Sportastephanie View Post
              In the German version of the Christmas episode of episode 1, there is the song not on the DVD. :(
              I'm not even sure if the song was even on the German version of the show on TV?

Comment

Re: Good To Be Bad: what happened to the video?

They cut out the Good To Be bad clip in the Russian dub too
                video

What confuses me with the episode Surprise Santa is that there are two different versions. One version, probably the original, is the one where the two songs are not right after eachother and there's a 2 minutes scene between them. The other version is the one with the two songs right after eachother, and some of the scenes have been shifted and combined compared to the other version, some parts are even cut out because of that. It's done professional because I can't hear any sound disrupting. I very much like the original though. The TV stations (like sprout) only played the second version as far as I can see. The first version must be from a DVD in the very beginning, other DVDs have the second version. Even the digital downloads from LazyTown Entertainment back in 2009 have that second version. There is also a version where they cut out the "Good To Be Bad" song, probably only in the second version. That is what this topic was all about.

Comment

I have the two versions of the Surprise Santa uploaded on YT. Not the best quality for the first version though because I could not find that epsiode in good quality right away. If someone has that first version episode I would love to have a copy of that. Comparing the both epsiodes with shifted and deleted scenes, it all looks like they wanted to reduce the episode time. Unfortunately that did not end well for the "Good To Be Bad" song.

Version 1: it's actually about 27:47 minutes long. The Stingy/Ziggy (at 6:05) and Bessie/Milford (at 9:35) scenes are complete and separated. The Robbie scenes with the canon (5:25) and when he tries to pick a disguise (7:31) are a bit longer, the song "Good To Be Bad" is there, there is a sneezing part (15:15) and in the end (at 25:46) the scenes are longer. There are also some more in between shots are in this episode version.

Version 2: is about 24:18 minutes long. The different scenes started at 5:25, where the Stingy/Ziggy and Bessie/Milford scenes are mixed together. The scenes I descripted above in the version 1 are not there in the 2nd version.

The first video has the Nick Jr flag on the LazyTown logo at the intro, the 2nd version has a Go! flag (at 2:12)

video1 video2

(I muted the audio of the song "I love christmas" in the 2nd version because of a Germany copyright block)

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                    Not the best quality for the first version though because I could not find that epsiode in good quality right away. If someone has that first version episode I would love to have a copy of that.
                    You're in luck! Here it is -
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxX...ew?usp=sharing
                    It appears to be the original high quality source for that upload.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Catbooks View Post
                      You're in luck! Here it is -
                      Thanks for finding the link to that source.
                      You can argue about the way it's encoded but at least it's way better quality from what I had before.

Comment

thank you catbooks...=)

Comment

I don't understand why LT logo has Nick Jr's logo?

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
                            I don't understand why LT logo has Nick Jr's logo?
                            The show was originally made for Nick Jr. and aired in 2004. It would be reserved for that channel all the way until September 2005, when it finally aired on BBC's CBeebies in the UK.
                            This meant that Nick Jr. no longer had exclusive rights to the show, and therefor LTE had to edit the beginning shot/logo. The "Go!" comes from Magnús' first theatrical shows in Iceland "Afram Latibær!" which would be translated to "Onwards LazyTown" or, in a simpler manner, "Go LazyTown!".Or in Danish "Fremad Dovensted".
                            I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Working...
                            X