Ripping CC to SRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripping CC to SRT?

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong way to ask a question by using a forum.

Does anyone know how to rip CC (closed captions) and convert them to a .srt subtitle file from a DVD?

You're totally fine to ask, but I did move your thread to the Media forum, instead of the LazyTown General forum. I'm sorry to say that I've never had to do anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyYardigans View Post
      I apologize if this is the wrong way to ask a question by using a forum, but I hope if we find a solution, we can close this thread.

Does anyone know how to rip CC (closed captions) and convert them to a .srt subtitle file from a DVD?
      As far as I know many programs like Fair Use Wizard or Handbrake or WinX DVD Ripper or DVDFab have that as one of the ripping options. So...
      1) You need to find a program that supports that feature (There are 4 for you right above here).
      2) You need to read that program's help file to find out how to use the feature.

Comment

Re: Ripping CC to SRT?

The reason I ask is because I have VOBSUB subs with multiple errors I want to edit. Since they are not editable and flexible, I hoped to convert them to .srt, so they are more convenient to edit; well, not before extracting the VOBSUB first. Would anyone have any idea to do this?

Comment

The reason I ask is because I have VOBSUB subs with multiple errors I want to edit. Since they are not editable and flexible, I hoped to convert them to .srt, so they are more convenient to edit; well, not before extracting the VOBSUB first. Would anyone have any idea to do this?
          Why don't you use .srt format?

Comment

The reason I ask is because I have VOBSUB subs with multiple errors... I hoped to convert them to .srt, ...
            Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
            Why don't you use .srt format?
            :care:

Comment

Can you open the video and its subtitles in Aegisub?
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                Can you open the video and its subtitles in Aegisub?
                Hmm. I'm have little knowledge to the application, and when I opened it in Aegisub, I added the file, and only the video showed up, sans subtitles, as if I'm supposed to create the subtitles. Do you know the process?

Comment

Hmm. I'm have little knowledge to the application, and when I opened it in Aegisub, I added the file, and only the video showed up, sans subtitles, as if I'm supposed to create the subtitles. Do you know the process?
                  What I do is open de video first: Video --> Open Video, and after that I open the subtitles (File --> Open Subtitles) by selecting the same video file.
                  You need to export the subtitles to *.srt (or other format) to have a single subtitles file.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                    What I do is open de video first: Video --> Open Video, and after that I open the subtitles (File --> Open Subtitles) by selecting the same video file.
                    You need to export the subtitles to *.srt (or other format) to have a single subtitles file.
                    The problem is, once ripped to VIDEO_TS, I can't find the subtitle file.

This is the entire folder... sans AUDIO_TS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 8.46.41 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	149298

Comment

The problem is, once ripped to VIDEO_TS, I can't find the subtitle file.
                      Right, I didn't know that.
                      Maybe you can use software like SubRip or Avidemux or DVDSubEdit instead

(http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit)

Comment

Working...
                      X