LazyTown music soundalikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown music soundalikes

Sometimes you hear a song on the radio or on youtube or somewhere else that sounds a bit like your favorite LazyTown music. This is a thread where you can share that with us.
    Here is what I found and heard:

1. When I first heard that song from the lazycup episode "all together" I heard some parts familiar to the Toy Soldiers song, especially the chorus where the children are singing.

2. Today I heard a dutch song on the radio and I thought of the "Villain Number One" song. The song starts around 0:20 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNfzjBVlJVc
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Not sure if this is limited to the sense of what you meant Pooky, but every time I hear this song, there are parts of it that reminds me of the typical sound of Lazytown (and inevitably makes me think of Máni front his audio console/PC). It's a Brazilian pop group, from DCLA. If the song it is very bland or silly for your taste, please jump directly to segments 1:08-1:23 and 2:16-2:30 :).

Comment

:trip

Comment

Yea lol I hear it too

Comment

nice find guys...that's the only one I have to contribute atm...

Let's Go To The Moon"

reminds me of this one...ok...just a little bit ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrGtUMm1f3M#t=107

http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post81475
          Gallery

Comment

"Rock your socks off" From Rockin' Robbie is also based on "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis.

And has anyone noticed the sample from "Scotland the brave" in the "SportsCandy"-song in "New Kid in Town"? But maybe it is because it's a parody of the "Tossing the Caber"-Event. Robbie is wearing a Kilt after all.

Comment

Oh yes and music in the training montages in "Hero for a day" and "Ziggy's Talking Teddy" sound like the music from the montages from the first Rocky-Movie (Gonna Fly Now)

Comment

indeed...nice find LTF
                Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by LT-Fan View Post
                  Oh yes and music in the training montages in "Hero for a day" and "Ziggy's Talking Teddy" sound like the music from the montages from the first Rocky-Movie (Gonna Fly Now)
                  Thanks! Never knew that it sounded so much alike.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Okay guys, please tell me I'm not going mad...

But every single time I listen to Princess of Eternity, I get that sick Sugarhill Gang feeling..
                    That specific song is just so groovy! Where the hell did all of that come from??
                    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

that 's because of the rhythm and the bass line in the rap part I guess...but you are the musician and I bet you can't wait to tell us what's really going on ;)...Rapper's Delight belongs to a few of rap songs that I bear to hear btw...
                      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                        but you are the musician and I bet you can't wait to tell us what's really going on ;)...
                        Don't worry, I'll spare you of a long explanation this time. You're right though.

Comment

Here's another curiosity.

The song Time to Learn is very similar to Tonight Tonight.
                          Have a look for yourself:

0:35

0:16

Comment

Re: LazyTown music soundalikes

I've never thought that LT songs would be similar with another songs..

Comment

Re: LazyTown music soundalikes

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                              Here's another curiosity.
                              The song Time to Learn is very similar to Tonight Tonight.
                              indeed...nice find...I think after ~ 100 years of modern music it is pretty hard nowadays to compose a song that does not sound somehow similar to any other song...
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X