LazyTown music soundalikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown music soundalikes

Thanks for moving the posts. I had been thinking about making a topic myself, but I see it has already been done

About music being the same.. Well let me put it this way. If 100 writes made one new melody each per second, it would take them 248 years to cover each different solution there could be. That is however very narrowed down, and only have the factors from one octave and one bar (4/4) included. In theory, we will at some point run out of new songs, but the number is so high, that it is basically infinite.

There are 80 different atoms in all of space, and in a 5 minute CD, there's 68... million.
    Think of all the different 'things' put together by atoms in space, and then try to wrap your head around the possibilities of a song ;)
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

that's the theory...but seems the composers tend to copy a certain pool of harmonies which are very popular and modify them in different ways...even classical music is affected...the sequence of sounds from Pachelbel's "Canon" made it (partly in a unrecognizable way) into many songs of the modern pop history like "Spicks and Specks" by the Bee Gees...

what do we learn from that?...you can have 80 kinds of atoms in the universe but ppl are only attracted to the best of them, like gold or water...the same happens with music...basically the consumers are only looking for a handful popular harmonies and clever composers deliver them in a way, that the audience doesn't notice, that it is somehow always the same...what I try to say is that this is the reason that we have so many soundalikes in music nowadays because all these modern songs are basically copies of former works...after this long aera of creative work in music exist only a tiny possibility to find sound sequences which are really new and attractive for the audience as well...
      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
        the consumers are only looking for a handful popular harmonies and clever composers deliver them in a way that the audience doesn't notice that it is somehow always the same
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

hehe Q.E.D.
          Gallery

Comment

The background music for that Nick Jr. on CBS commercial sounds a lot like that one Nick Jr. exclusive song... can't remember the title. It's below.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyYardigans View Post
              The background music for that Nick Jr. on CBS commercial sounds a lot like that one Nick Jr. exclusive song... can't remember the title.
              The LazyTown clip was based on that song.
              Ali Brustofski , Piper O'Possum song , Nick Jr.
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X