Hillary For Pres ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hillary For Pres ?

Quietly whispering "Go Trump!" all the way from the European Union.

It would be the most entertaining 4 years ever, watching the fire on the other side of the pond.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I can't see why they use her frontname Hillary while for all the other candidates they use the lastname.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mystic View Post
        Quietly whispering "Go Trump!" all the way from the European Union.

It would be the most entertaining 4 years ever, watching the fire on the other side of the pond.
        You have a serious dark side and a sick twisted since of humor don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          I can't see why they use her frontname Hillary while for all the other candidates they use the lastname.
          Exactly right. They should call all the candidates by their first and last names, not the men by their last names and the one woman by her first name.
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
            Exactly right. They should call all the candidates by their first and last names, not the men by their last names and the one woman by her first name.
            Well, I think that it's more complicated than that. Of some of the recent prominent hopeful USA Presidential females, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Jill Stein, and Carly Fiorina come to mind. Anecdotally, I've really never heard any of them referred to by just their first name; always first + last or just last, so it seems to be specific for Hillary Clinton. I think that a large reason of why she is referred to as "Hillary" or "Hillary Clinton" or "HRC" instead of "Clinton" is of course because her husband, Bill, already has the namesake of "Clinton." Just as George W. Bush was usually not referred to as "Bush" due to his father, rather, usually by "George W. Bush" or "W. Bush."

Some smaller reasons may be that since she is the most prominent democrat in recent history, she can get away with being referred to as Hillary, as she is very much associated with the name. As well, this is also something that she has embraced to some extent, maybe to use her womanhood to as much political advantage as she can. "Hillary" is clearly a woman's name, and "Clinton" doesn't get the point across that she is a woman. It may also be a political attempt to portray familiarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              Just as George W. Bush was usually not referred to as "Bush" due to his father, rather, usually by "George W. Bush" or "W. Bush."
              Bush. I vaguely remembered him but this refreshed my memories.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dump Bucks Meme.png
Views:	1
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	149369

Comment

Robbie is only candidate

Comment

No way

Comment

#MayorMeanswellForPresident

Comment

Name:	DUMP FOR PRES MEME II.gif
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	149426

Comment

Hillary needs to be hanged

Comment

PUNCH Dump and JUDY Clinton

Comment

I regret staying up last night to see two grannies bully each other.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                                I regret staying up last night to see two grannies bully each other.
                                Agree. Perhaps in this way it would have been more interesting :icon_e_biggrin:

Name:	presidential_candidate_debate_deathmatch_by_lgliang-dalzmab.jpg
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	149435

(P.D.: I prefer Hillary because no matter all her faults - and she has a lot of them - she's the lesser evil for the USA, first, and the world, second)

Comment

Working...
                                X