Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LazyTown in the USA: an attempt to change things up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone has said that it's cancelled. :?

Just that it's not doing as well as it could.

Comment

Yeah, I was just saying that the new episodes are only shown once each, we never see the old ones (unless they are in fact airing at 7 AM) and I believe the show could do much better if given a second chance.

Comment

in america, Nickelodeon shows Lazytown at 8 am (EST) on Sat & Sun
        (and by proxy, if you get it, on Nick 2 at 10 am est)

its also shown daily on weekdays on Noggin at 1:30 est.

Comment

tv guide has no listings for LT for the next 14 days....does that mean it has stopped airing in the early mornings on Sat and Sun as well. If so. . . . :( :(

Comment

according to the guide from my cable provider it will be on (8am est Nickelodeon.)

Saturday: "Miss Roberta"
            Sunday: "Prince Stingy"

Comment

I am sad.

Like I said in another thread, the local Kmarts in Phoenix, AZ are clearing out their LT merch.

This is crap. I need me some more Lazytown!

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
                I was under the impression that LazyTown was doing well in Germany.
                Me too, but well it's not aired anymore. :/
                They just stopped somewhere after they were mixing some episodes up (LazyTown's Greatest Hits came before Secret Agent Zero for example).

Comment

Update: Lazytown is still being shown on Noggin at 10:30 in the am (mountain time).

It disappeared for a while, but i guess it's back. I saw it this morning.

Comment

well, the wal mart here in my city (in ontario) is also clearing it's LT stuff. i don't know if the dvds are on clearance, but the toys and costumes are.
                    i already bought all of it before it was on clearance. i also bought all the dvds that were available here (there were only TWO) and my friend who lives in LA sent me the other one that she bought for me.

there was this LT bathtub book thingy. it had bathtub crayons with it. and yes, i take it in the bath with me :) how else would i get to have a bath with robbie? ;)

anything LT i buy. oh, i bought a colouring book, too :) and some of the reading books. (all but Crystal Caper).

i will also write the PTB and let them know that LT is STILL watched by people.

like ooozmin said, YTV does air it here twice a day.

Petitions CAN help...it just depends on how many people write in.

so get writing y'all!

Comment

Someone should set up a SAVE LAZYTOWN website...and it would be a gathering place for ideas and comments on saving the series from a doomed hell in t he USA. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                        [We all know LazyTown has a considerable online following, It's just all over the place.
                        Maybe we need a centralised hub to bring everyone together for the common cause.

Or we could just get everyone to join GetLazy.
                        I really think a main hub as you put it. to promote the cause and let everyone know, should be made instead ^_^ Or a least a list of ideas, all we have is

- petitions (can't see it doing much good unless there was idk...20,000 sigs)
                        - actually buy LT merchandise (and lets face it, 15-20 people buying a dvd or two isn't going to matter much)

so hmmmmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                          I gotta tell you, LazyTown is pretty well known in America. Everyone I've asked said they've heard of the show. The only person who didn't know, that I asked, was visiting our town from Austria. But everyone else goes, "oh I know that show, it's weird" or "my cousin/sister/brother/nephew loves that show!" Even my aunt knew about the show, because her kids watch it. Btw, I watched Rottenbeard with them and sang You're a Pirate in front of my entire family.

It's on everyday on Noggin, and every Saturday and Sunday on Nick (thus, it's on again later on Nick2). Why Nick Jr isn't re-running it anymore daily I couldn't tell you, but I'm sure it was to make room for one of their other stupid shows such as Dora the Whore-a or The Backyardagins [which isn't that bad, actually].
                          Sadly this isn't the case with the people I know, usually they have no idea what I am talking about, except one kid does, he calls it funtown... haha, hes like Hey Nick, you still into that Funtown show... and I usually go, Oh yeah I love Funtown, best show ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Zafa
                            Sadly this isn't the case with the people I know, usually they have no idea what I am talking about, except one kid does, he calls it funtown... haha, hes like Hey Nick, you still into that Funtown show... and I usually go, Oh yeah I love Funtown, best show ever!
                            My friends call it crazytown. I have to remind them that was the name of a shitty band.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
                              tv guide has no listings for LT for the next 14 days....does that mean it has stopped airing in the early mornings on Sat and Sun as well. If so. . . . :( :(
                              Well shit, despite my cabe guide having info and all for Lazytown -- they sure didn't show Lazytown today (dont know about yesterday)

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                                It has been nominated for Daytime Emmys this year, but it is no longer on Nick. Jr's regular schedule and hasn't been for some time.
                                [img]http://img61.**********.us/img61/4816/tvshedulehz6.jpg[/img]

you are right
                                Lazytown was on CBS too, i want it back

Comment

Working...
                                X