Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LazyTown in the USA: an attempt to change things up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown in the USA: an attempt to change things up!

Originally posted by Zokita
    (The UK and Germany need no exposure :p)
    Why do you say so?

LT isn't aired anymore in Germany. ;_;
    And I'm not sure that there will be more than the current 5 DVDs...

Comment

I was under the impression that LazyTown was doing well in Germany.

Comment

Me too.

Think that without the support of the USA (and not so astounding success in other countries other than the UK), coupled with the high production costs, we might see an end soon? :(

Comment

I was flipping channels here lately and I noted lazytown was on...On Public Day time tv no less...then it was dubbed, They actually gave Robbie a british accent in dutch..which makes no sense at all XD

Comment

Have we confirmed the third season report or not?

If we get a full third season and nothing more, we just have to be content about it. It's a bit unlikely the show would continue past that anyway (unless it drew Survivor kind of numbers.) The reason being is that the show kind of has the ticking time bomb of Julianna. We already saw it in season 2, how suddenly Stephanie is alot closer in height to Sportacus and the like.

Could the show work with a more "grown up" Julianna? Probably, but its a bit of a tougher situation. And of course heaven forbid they replace Julianna in the role.

If there IS a third season then I can sleep easy.

Comment

Well, don't know if you've seen it already or not, but there is some vague evidence that there might be a 3rd season.

Of course, unless we get an official news release (which might not happen any time soon) or we get information from inside, we are pretty much just assuming things.

I do have to agree with you, though. We are in a deadlock. With Julianna, LazyTown might not survive for long. Without her, it will most certainly not survive for long either. :?

Comment

Originally posted by Elsiar
                I was flipping channels here lately and I noted lazytown was on...On Public Day time tv no less...then it was dubbed, They actually gave Robbie a british accent in dutch..which makes no sense at all XD
                DUDE!

What channel?

Comment

Well public tv, So that can only be Nederland 1 2 or 3..ohhh It was Zappelin...but I think it's gone again :(

Comment

How come tobias gets to use html in their posts?

Comment

is that where that song was coming from??

I totally didnt put that html there!

EDIT: \/ moomoo (below): *PHEW!*

Comment

It was Xizer screwing around.

@Elsiar: Oh yeah, I read that it aired here on Zappelin, but when I looked through every schedule I could find I didn't see it anywhere.

Comment

Eps?

I just kind of wandered into LT recently, and I was not even aware it had more than 5 or so episodes. It's a shame they don't have the seasons on DVD.

I agree though that Julianna makes the show. If they can't deal with it, it will be the end of LT regardless.

Comment

We still have some new material coming up, I just want Nick Jr. to treat the show with a little respect as it wraps up. There's still kids that haven't had a chance to see the older episodes because of the schedule warping.

And I don't think an adult Julianna would be that hard to overcome. Adult
                            Stephanies have performed in the stage plays before, they could work with something like that. And even if they had to end the show, they could do a cartoon, or books, or something until enough time had passed that they could start a new series. Or replace Julianna as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                              Or replace Julianna as a last resort.
                              No please :(

Comment

It's not canceled in the US, it's just that they only show the new ones on Nick Jr., now. I have no idea where you got any of this, but it's not canceled.

Comment

Working...
                                X