Brittany Maynard (RIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brittany Maynard (RIP)

Several days ago when I knew about this girl, my heart simply sank: I didn't know how to deal with such a determination. I mean, it's really easy to say "No, girl, you were wrong" but only when you put on the other's shoes you really realize the brutality of the implacable reality around us.

Today I knew she passed away by her own hand on last saturday and... I felt really sad: she looked full of life, dreams and hopes (like everybody does, including myself) and now she is gone for good... It's kinda weird and really, REALLY unfair, and still I don't know how to deal with this case: it has created a fight of principles and beliefs inside of me...

http://hellogiggles.com/brittany-maynard

Britanny, RIP

Re: Brittany Maynard (RIP)

She's in no more pain.

I'm ashamed that the UK would prefer people to live in agony rather than be at peace. Even blood pressure medication makes some people ill, so imagine what terminally ill people are told to take and how much that must wear them down, chemo for example, gets rid of fast growing cancer cells AND fast growing blood cells, skin cells and stomach cells. I know from my neighbours experience that you don't get chemo until you're cured, you get as much chemo as is budgeted for. It's soul destroying to think of people for whom that is a cure, but they cannot afford it so they'll pass sooner anyway. I'm curious about the objectors views, I've only ever heard about cases of people who are REALLY suffering, like a 19 year old called Stephen with inoperable lung tumors, I think I read he passed by coughing until he couldn't cough anymore, what kind of ending is that? I've never heard of anyone, I don't know, with the flu, who wants to end their life, and I wish more people with depression would seek help rather than take their lives (I mean that in a heartfelt way) but in every case it is that persons life.
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Re: Brittany Maynard (RIP)

Yeah read about this when she didn't go through with her first attempt. Saw the article yesterday as well that she did it finally.
      There has been a post (unable to find now) on imgur from someone saying goodbye to us and thanking us for all the good times on imgur and she had terminal cancer
      not sure if it was her. Circumstances sound the same though.
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
      X