Which steph???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which steph???

I present you a somewhat deep question, mainly I want to gauge everyone's point of view.

The question is:

If lazytown started with chloe and hypothetically age aside Julianna became the new steph, would everyone have the same mixed reactions??

or more simply, do you feel that Juli's portrayal of steph helped make the show?

If you ask me, having experienced Lazy town with Juli at the helm of steph i dont think it would have worked any other way. Then again I have yet to see any of chloe's work so i cant fully judge.

what are your thoughts?

is steph a character that can continue to be replaced? or is she much like the doctor in doctor who where each portrayal of steph has its own place.

Re: Which steph???

If it started with Chloe there wouldn't be a new Steph because the show would have ended after one or two seasons. Chloe is a fine actress for a kids show but not mesmerizing enough to permeate internet culture. Unfortunately w/o Juli there wouldn't be enough fans or popularity to keep the show going.

It's been proven that Steph can be recast. It is debatable if she can be replaced. I like Chloe but is she Steph? That's a tricky question. Maybe in a multiverse setting she could be Steph. But there would be little doubt that JRM's Steph was the true Steph. She is a rare person.

Comment

Right, so here's the thing. If Chloe had started in 2004, the same episodes would have been made with the same stories. However, some different songs would have probably been made since the two actresses have different vocal ranges. Cooking by the Book and You are a Pirate are very responsible for LazyTown being brought to the attention of many people. Neither of them might have been made if JRM wasn't Stephanie. Now, here's something that nobody will probably talk about, but is a reality anyway. Stephanie as portrayed by JRM is somewhat of a sex symbol. Not exactly the kind of attention that JRM or LazyTown wanted to get, but the fact is is that it has happened. That also helped bring LazyTown to the attention to people who normally wouldn't see it anyway.

The point is, is that LazyTown would have likely been nearly identical as it is now, but likely less people would have noticed it. But it's impossible to say.

Comment

Originally posted by basscreator89 View Post
        If lazytown started with chloe and hypothetically age aside Julianna became the new steph, would everyone have the same mixed reactions??
        I know I would like JRM.

Originally posted by basscreator89 View Post
        or more simply, do you feel that Juli's portrayal of steph helped make the show?
        I do, it's a rare thing to see someone who isn't patronizing on a kids tv show, I think CL off Camera is what JRM was like on Camera.
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

JRM is The Steph.... always.

Comment

Working...
          X