Your Lazytown story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Lazytown story

My Lazy Town story goes like this. I think it was 2005 or 6. It was international talk like a pirate day and the kids I nanny for wanted to look for pirate stuff on you tube. And we came across a DDR titled 'you are a pirate' well for 7years that so was stuck, no, embedded in my head. I have gone back and listened to it over the years.
    Well last year I was talking with the 4 yr old I nanny for and we were talking about DDR (dance dance revolution) so the only way To explain it was to show her. So I found the you are a pirate the. We decided to see what it was because she had seen it before and I found what it was and we've been watching and I've (we) been a fan ever since. I've even written fanfic. I love it! I just with I found it sooner.

Re: Your Lazytown story

Hello there! My Lazy Town story is simple: i was a childe watching for the first time Lazy Town and I love it! And I still love it :) Since then I tried to be like Stephanie and things like that

Comment

Your Lazytown story

thats great

Comment

It's almost my anniversary of finding 'you are a pirate' on you tube 7 years ago. September 19. International talk like a pirate day. Arrrr!

Comment

way back in 2007 i was home from Uni (or college for you Americans) on the couch house to myself and unable to do much as i had the flu.
          I reached for the remote and hit the power button before accidentally dropping it on the ground Unfortunately for me rather than landing splat in front of me as most remotes do, it decided to bounce across the floor well out of my reach.

Long behold who is on the TV, but Steph. (Channel 10 at around 11am for any other aussies who might remember)

At first i was watching and rolling my eyes at how obvious the message about being active was. but then stephanie started to sing. The song was titled "Anything can happen"

needless to say, i was hooked. I was composing techno/trance music at the time and the song sounded oddly enticing.

from there on I became a lazytown fan :) found getlazy roughly a month later after I had made the remix of Anything can Happen, someone pointed me to the site.

fast track a fair few years (7 to be exact) and now im here in this thread :)

Comment

Originally posted by basscreator89 View Post
            way back in 2007 i was home from Uni (or college for you Americans) on the couch house to myself and unable to do much as i had the flu.
            I reached for the remote and hit the power button before accidentally dropping it on the ground Unfortunately for me rather than landing splat in front of me as most remotes do, it decided to bounce across the floor well out of my reach.

Long behold who is on the TV, but Steph. (Channel 10 at around 11am for any other aussies who might remember)

At first i was watching and rolling my eyes at how obvious the message about being active was. but then stephanie started to sing. The song was titled "Anything can happen"

needless to say, i was hooked. I was composing techno/trance music at the time and the song sounded oddly enticing.

from there on I became a lazytown fan :) found getlazy roughly a month later after I had made the remix of Anything can Happen, someone pointed me to the site.

fast track a fair few years (7 to be exact) and now im here in this thread :)

Comment

For work, I do computer data entry, processing the data on medical claims. I go through lots of them in a day and see many names. Every so often, someone named Stephanie pops up on a claim, whether it be a patient or a doctor or someone else. It's pretty dumb, but whenever a Stephanie comes up, I always think about their last name and wonder if I would be okay with the name if it was announced that it was LazyTown Stephanie's last name. For example, I might see someone named Stephanie Carter, and have a little internal discussion with myself to determine whether or not I'd accept that as LazyTown Stephanie's full name. Haven't found one that I liked, yet.

I have one of these at my desk to tell me, "There's always a way!" instead of, "There's always more work to do!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                For work, I do computer data entry, processing the data on medical claims. I go through lots of them in a day and see many names. Every so often, someone named Stephanie pops up on a claim, whether it be a patient or a doctor or someone else. It's pretty dumb, but whenever a Stephanie comes up, I always think about their last name and wonder if I would be okay with the name if it was announced that it was LazyTown Stephanie's last name. For example, I might see someone named Stephanie Carter, and have a little internal discussion with myself to determine whether or not I'd accept that as LazyTown Stephanie's full name. Haven't found one that I liked, yet.

I have one of these at my desk to tell me, "There's always a way!" instead of, "There's always more work to do!"
                It's like finding out that Emperor Palapatine's first name is "Sheev"!

Comment

7 years ago today I joined ebay. My reason for joining was I couldn't find a Robbie Rotten action figure anywhere, and I won the auction! the first thing I ever listed for sale sold too, so I did well in terms of beginners luck :)
                  Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                  Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

lazy town

I used to watch lazyntown when I was an infant and I still watch it I am in luv it and I am 13 years old and me and my baby sister watch this lazy town show every morning

Comment

wow

Comment

My Lazytown story is that i was bored one day and decided to check out this Nickelodeon Favorites dvd that had a show called Lazytown on it, i though at first i thought it sounded stupid and thought that Sportacus would some sort of octopus, and was prepared to laugh at it and toss it away in disgust. The episode was Sleepless In Lazytown, and boy was i hooked! i think my jaw dropped the first scene when i saw Sportacus, and never closed it for the rest of the show. i nearly forgot to breathe as well. Now, i am die-hard fan of Lazytown, and simply can't get enough of Sportacus!!! That was in April/ May 2015. i also write many fanifics about Lazytown, and have two groups on Google+, one for Magnus and one for Chloe. Will be making one for Julianna and one for Stefan soon as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That's good! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Anything Can Happen is one of my favorite songs!!!

Comment

Is this topic meant for special relations you have regarding stuff from LazyTown, or how you discovered the show?
                          How I discovered the show is already covered in the 'Say Hello' thread, but I'll sum it up quickly:

Back in 2009 I was a huge YouTube-fanatic, and I used to spend all my time on there (as if anything has changed since then..). You are a Pirate hit YouTube pretty hard, and suddenly the video was everywhere. I got into the hype, and started listening to all the popular songs from Season 1. Keep in mind that I was 14 at this point, so my hormones were probably going crazy about this little qt Julianna as well. Never the less, I got sucked pretty hard into LazyTown, and soon started watching some of the episodes. This entire phase died out pretty quickly though, and it wasn't until, like, two years ago I think, when I out of the blue started humming the theme to You are a Pirate. Maybe it had something to do with ThePirateBay being taken down, I really don't know, but it got stuck in my head again. I started listening to the songs on-and-off for a years time, and I familiarized myself with the ones I liked the best.
                          Now, about 6 months ago, something bad happened to me, and I at the time felt really really sad. I needed to find something to get my thoughts away from everything, and suddenly I remembered LazyTown, and how it always made me cheer up. Listening to the happy songs, and watching this little girl being so glad, always seemed to cheer me up, and I quickly got back into all of this LazyTown again.
                          I would be listening to some of the songs, then more of the songs, then the rest of the songs, and before I knew of it, I was bing banging to the Megamix every single day! That's when things really started to go nuts for my fandom, and I would seek of to find MIDIs of the popular ones. A simple google search brought me to this forum, and I figured "what the heck" and made an account out of curiosity.
                          Right now I'm just trying my best to keep my 'addiction' at a stand still, thought that is harder than it might seem.. ;)

A good story about me and LazyTown.. Hmm.. Well, apart from the fact that the show really helped me through a tough time in my life, I must also say that it did a great deed for me just recently. I have had a gap year for the last 12 months, and being a 19 year old guy without any real work, your daily cycle gets messed up pretty quickly. Now I'm starting at university, and I still have a hard time finding something to motivate me to get up early in the morning, and drive the hour long route to my campus. That's when I realized that LazyTown was to this day still being aired here in Denmark! It's on the tele at 5:35 in the morning, and I found out they had just started the fourth season of the show. Me being very much into the dubs of LazyTown, I found out that season 4 was not available anywhere in Danish. So naturally I had to rip all the episodes directly from TV, meaning I would have to get up early to do it.
                          As per speaking right now, I have gotten every episode from season four, expect the last one, which they sadly never aired.
                          Having to do this, forced me to get up every morning at 5 AM every morning, which now means I have my daily cycle turned around, and I was ready to start my new lifestyle as a student again.

Oh, but the only downside to this, is that I now get all the songs stuck on my head when doing the drive. They started the first season 3 days ago, and this is the season I know the most songs from.. So my drives are now pretty much consisting of me driving on the highway, bobbing my head to the LazyTown songs at full blast. Needless to say, I always switch over to the news before reaching town. I wouldn't imagine the looks on my classmates faces, if they saw a full grown man in a blazer and mercedes, arriving to the campus with Bing Bang Diggiriggidong spewing out of the speakers..
                          I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Mys tory is rather simple being older than my younger cousins I would watch them for my aunty. They loved LazyTown, they would run around and play as though they were int he show afterwards. I would always end up as Robbie and now tend to be able to take him off quite well. I came to love Stephans comedic timing and I always thought that Magnus's accent was cute along with teh rest of him so I was happy to let them watch. I'm often told I'm to old for LazyTown which I don't agree with and produce a lot of fanfictions around the serries.

Comment

You write fanfics??? So do i!!!! i always act as Sportacus for my little brothers, and have earned the nickname: SportaAbby, which is part of my real name LOL. Sportacus sure is cute!!! What is your username on fanfics so i can read them??? I am Sportsicus everywhere i go LOL i have Aspergers, so i don't mind

Comment

Working...
                              X