Pictures of the Town map and houses in LazyTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown map

Well, my idea was to calculate, what it would cost to build it for real, just theoretically. But i can also calculate the costs for Building a model. Since i have Knowledge about 3d modeling, i also could create it virtually.

Comment

That would be really cool!

Comment

That would be sweet. And I'm definitely in for a real model :)
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Go for it. I think it would look awesome

Comment

LazyTown map

if some actually 3d prints a miniature version of Lazytown, that would be amazing. especially if it has all of the buildings in the size they would be IRL

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeboy View Post
              if some actually 3d prints a miniature version of Lazytown, that would be amazing. especially if it has all of the buildings in the size they would be IRL
              Something doesn't really add up here... :?
              I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

There are 3d printers at my company. I just have to wait, when one of the two who prints with plastic is not required.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeboy View Post
                  That would be really cute and super cool~ ^3^

Comment

Originally posted by julian1997 View Post
                    Well, my idea was to calculate, what it would cost to build it for real, just theoretically. But i can also calculate the costs for Building a model. Since i have Knowledge about 3d modeling, i also could create it virtually.
                    Now I understand, still it's an amazing multi direction input. It would be interesting to know what it would cost to built an actual LazyTown, and that can be more accurate than calculate what a small size model would cost because that depends on the kind of material you use.

Although it was not eactly what you meant, I see that a lot of members (including myself) are very excited in having or making a self-made model of LazyTown. Maybe we need to think of printable 3D houses, trees etc and an actual flat map with roads, town square and spaces to put down the 3d houses.

BJ already made some amazing 3D work, maybe that helps. http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post73903

Is someone creative and has a lot of time? :p
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                      Now I understand, still it's an amazing multi direction input. It would be interesting to know what it would cost to built an actual LazyTown, and that can be more accurate than calculate what a small size model would cost because that depends on the kind of material you use. [...]
                      Well, that also depends for a real world build, depending, whether you make the street just so, that it looks like a street, or acually for vehicles. And the buildings could be made out of plasic, if they just shall look like them, or of wood/special plasitc/colored stone, if it shall be possible to live there, ...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	486.1 KB
ID:	149531

I am currently measuring the size of certain areas in lazytown. Still need to find a good size reference, for example defining the width of a street 2 meters, so the software knows, how many pixels one meter are. When i am finished, i can calculate the cost.

Comment

In the episode The Laziest Town (around 15:02) there is a view of the town on Pixel's computer. It's pretty accurate.

Name:	lazymap_laziest_town.jpg
Size:	772.4 KB
ID:	149706
                          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Hmmm... The source engine won't let me 3d model the entire thing, either I will have to wait for Source 2 or model it in another game engine...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by julian1997 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]6787[/ATTACH]

I am currently measuring the size of certain areas in lazytown. Still need to find a good size reference, for example defining the width of a street 2 meters, so the software knows, how many pixels one meter are. When i am finished, i can calculate the cost.
                            I assume you have probably finished calculating how large lazytown is... What kind of surface area are we talking about? Thanks.

Comment

This is a map from the first season, with the shopping mall (instead of a sport center) and there's no theater/cinema yet.

Name:	Image33.jpg
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	150363

Link to other thread about the LazyTown map:
                              http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...f-text-inside)

Comment

Awesome, I wish we had more resources for the town.

Comment

Working...
                                X