X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of the Town map and houses in LazyTown

Another curios thing about the opening credits:
    In Season 1, the town looked like this:

In Sleepless in LazyTown, it turned nighttime. Some other episodes (like Lazy Scouts) had the day time look, yet started at nighttime. Inconsistent.

In LazyTown's Surprise Santa, it had snow everywhere. Normal so far.

However, the town's design changed in Season 2, first seen in Trash Trouble:

The LazyTown Snow Monster used the Surprise Santa look, but with less-snow-covered (for lack of a better term) pathways.

While the opening credits for Season 2 still used the Season 1 design, LazyTown Extra used the new design here instead.

Season 3 changed the design in the opening to the Season 2 design, with new pathways to the Lazy Grove and the beach:

The Holiday Spirit reused Snow Monster's town design, making it inconsistent again.

Season 4's doesn't look any different from Season 3's, this shot shows the most of the surrounding area.

LazyTown map

The theatre in the first maps is missing and is placed at the indoor gym spot in the new design, the indoor gym has moved to the right. I like the new roof of the supermarket or vegetable store, although maybe it's too prominent with the light blue color. The overall layout is very much the same though. I agree with you that they should stay with the new design once they introduced it.

related: http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showthread.php?90

Below is the new design map posted by moomoo, in the topic I linked

Click image for larger version

Name:	mapqr6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	148692

11: Shops:
    This is a street with 8 buildings in it. It's never mentioned what these buildings are but from the signs on them I assume they include:
    - a bakery(there's a big pretzel sign on the front)
    - a fast-food joint (hamburger and fries signs). This has two entrances so I'm counting it as two buildings.
    - a toy store(a sign with a triangle, circle, and square on it)

There's also a building with a big ice cream cone, one with a soda bottle, one with what looks like a planet on top(if I had to guess I'd say this is a diner), and a small building with no signs at all, which I guess is just a house.

12: This is a building with a curved yellow roof and big windows. There's a large soccer ball that hangs on a corner of the roof. So I guess this is an indoor gym.

13: In the earlier episodes this was clearly a supermarket or vegetable store. The massive sign can't be missed. However it was later replaced by a building with a different-coloured roof and no sign, and I haven't seen a clear enough shot of it since. Maybe it still serves the same purpose, but it's impossible to tell. Perhaps the vegetable store went out of business because everyone just picks fruit from trees and they have their own vegetable crop

14: This pink house next door to the Mayor's stands out from the other random background buildings. Probably Stephanie's little place.

15: Stingy's house.

Corrections:
    6: The bank
    Streetviews
    1.Town Hall 2.Mayor's House 3.Pixel's House 4.Bessie's House 5.Ziggy's House 6.The Bank 7. School 8.Theatre 9.Robbie's Hideout 10.Park 11.Shops 12.Indoor Gym 13.Supermarket 14.Stephanie's House 15.Stingy's House

Name:	streetview1.jpg
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	148694

Name:	streetview2.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	148695

Name:	streetview3.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	148693

Also a few other house pictures here:
    http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post46667
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

LazyTown map

Is Trixie homeless? Her "room" is mentioned in "Action Time!", and the house is actually seen in the ebook "Trixie: No Rules for Me". It's suspicious that her house is not shown on the map.

Comment

LazyTown map

Originally posted by LazyYardigans View Post
        Is Trixie homeless? Her "room" is mentioned in "Action Time!", and the house is actually seen in the ebook "Trixie: No Rules for Me". It's suspicious that her house is not shown on the map.
        I always assumed she just lives in Jives' house or something. Or in one of the many houses that we never see up close.

Comment

LazyTown map

Sorry for double post, but I found a close up of the blue roofed house:

Name:	NSN.png
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	148697
          I also thought I saw it in No One's Lazy's Music Video, but now I think it's the Sports Center (the theater's location) because that building behind Stephanie was to the left of Stingy's House, the grocers' is to the right.
          EDIT: That road between the theater and the mystery building shouldn't be there, and Stingy's House was supposed to be in place of those houses. Fail.
          EDIT 2: Looking at the map, judging from the wall patterns behind Stephanie, I think they meant the Theater and Grocers' to be Bessie's House and the Stores respectively, but decided to change buildings in the process, making a mistake. This all makes me want to make a new thread about mapping mistakes in the episode backgrounds.
          EDIT 3: In Roboticus, apparently there is a rule stating that only one superhero may be in LazyTown. But Sportacus isn't a superhero, he's a "slightly above average hero". And in Sportafake, Milford says "you can never have too many Sportacuseses..." So was that rule newly added by Robbie or something? Wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

LazyTown map

Originally posted by mariofan5000 View Post
            I always assumed she just lives in Jives' house or something. Or in one of the many houses that we never see up close.
            Since we have never seen what Trixie's house looks like post-2004, we can still assume that she lives in a trailer. And that Jives is still sleeping inside his house ;)

Comment

LazyTown map

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              Since we have never seen what Trixie's house looks like post-2004, we can still assume that she lives in a trailer. And that Jives is still sleeping inside his house ;)
              Though, her house is shown in the eBook I mentioned previously. It's just that I can't put my finger on where the house is located.

Comment

LazyTown map

Though, her house is shown in the eBook I mentioned previously. It's just that I can't put my finger on where the house is located.
                Can you show us some pictures of the house?
                Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

LazyTown map

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                  Can you show us some pictures of the house?
                  Only the interior. I'll I can describe is that it's near a yellow wall. It is indeed that she doesn't live in a trailer. You could download them when the eBook page is uploaded.

Comment

LazyTown map

..it's near a yellow wall..
                    The problem is that the pictures in the eBook don't follow the LazyTown layout rules.

If you take this picture as reference, Trixie has a view on the yellow wall and a view on something she painted (maybe a part of Stingy's house? when she looked through another window), so I would say her house is between the Theatre and the Supermarket.

Name:	trixies_house2.jpg
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	148702

Name:	trixies_house1.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	148701

Name:	trixies_house3.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	148703

On the other hand, this house wasn't there yet in the first episode map (see opening post, although Ziggy's house wasn't there either..). The painting could also be a sketch of Robbie's place and therefore the house would be behind the School and Jives' house. The house in the blue circle.

Name:	trixies_house1a.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	148714

Name:	trixies_house4.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	148715

Comment

Re: LazyTown map

On the other hand, this house wasn't there yet in the first episode map (see opening post, although Ziggy's house wasn't there either..).
                      Actually Ziggy's house is there in the old design, but it's mostly obscured by a tree, even I couldn't see it until I looked into it a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by mariofan5000 View Post
                        Actually Ziggy's house is there in the old design, but it's mostly obscured by a tree, even I couldn't see it until I looked into it a bit better.
                        Right, I see it now. Almost completely hidden behind that tree.

Name:	maplazytown.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	148881

Comment

I am currently measuring the area of lazytown, and try to estimate, what it would cost to build it. Just, cause i'm curious. Results will follow, since not directly related to the map, probably in a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by julian1997 View Post
                            I am currently measuring the area of lazytown, and try to estimate, what it would cost to build it. Just, cause i'm curious. Results will follow, since not directly related to the map, probably in a new thread.
                            That is actually a great idea. I wonder why not anyone else came up with a plan to built a model of LazyTown. If that is what you meant.

Comment

That is actually a great idea. I wonder why not anyone else came up with a plan to built a model of LazyTown. If that is what you meant.
                              I hope he meant that this way cuz I like the idea as well...I think a 3D printer would be helpful in this case :xd:
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X