Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the Magnus reign

http://www.visir.is/magnus-scheving-.../2014140539970

I know I keep going on about it, but in my mind the new Sportacus will now definately be American, and if he can sing, that's the end of Matthias Matthiasson, anyway, from Google Translate =

Magnús Scheving hands over LazyTown to TBS

Magnús Scheving has decided to hand over LazyTown tp the owner of LazyTown, the international media group Turner Broadcasting System, when he founded LazyTown 20 years ago and has been CEO since then.

LazyTown's studio will no longer be used in this country. LazyTown will be managed by Turner's office in London, and five permanent employees will disappear.

According to an announcement from LazyTown, Magnús will continue to be in Turner's hands as an advisor and special ambassador of Latabær for the next two to three years at least.

"After I left the costume, my role as an ambassador for a healthy lifestyle across the world has increased and the demand for me as a speaker has also increased, and I will continue to do so," says Magnús Scheving in the announcement.

"Then I also intend to turn to exciting projects that I haven't been able to do because of work for the last 20 years. I am proud and happy that Latibær is in the hands of one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world, Turner, which is part of the Time Warner group. A party that has everything needed to make Latabæ grow and prosper for the foreseeable future. I'm also really excited to see Latabæ at the National Theater and it's a good feeling that new generations can experience Latabæ on stage just like when the adventure began 20 years ago."

Turner bought the company in 2011 and since then two new TV series have been produced. "After the production of the last series, the significant milestone of having over 100 episodes about life in Latabæ was reached, but that is the amount needed to answer the demand of the youngest generation for the foreseeable future," says the announcement.

The announcement can be read in its entirety below:

Magnús takes the biggest leap in the history of LazyTown

For the last 20 years, Magnús Scheving has been the author and CEO of Latabær, but now it's time for the former sports legend to take the biggest leap in the town's history. Magnús's contract is coming to an end and he has decided not to renew it, and therefore hand the ball over to the owner of Latabær, the international media conglomerate Turner Broadcasting System. However, they do not want to let him go right away, and Magnús will therefore remain in Turner's hands as an advisor and special ambassador of Latabær for the next 2-3 years at least.

Since Turner bought the company in 2011, two new TV series about Latabæ have been produced. After the production of the last series, the significant milestone of having over 100 episodes about life in Latabæ was reached - but that is the amount needed to answer the demand of the youngest generation for the foreseeable future. There will be no use for the good studio in this country, which has given the company this great treasure of TV content. Turner's involvement has brought 5 billion in foreign currency into the Icelandic economy, and over 160 jobs have been created every year for these three years.

Turner will premiere the new TV series on its network worldwide this fall. At the same time, they intend to greatly increase investment in theatrical productions and push Latabæ with more force into the online world. The project will be led by Turner's London office, where all of the group's global brands are managed. In connection with this change, five permanent employees of Latabær will disappear. Last October, the filming of the second series ended, and then the majority of the 160 contractors who worked on the production disappeared to other projects, while 40 worked on the post-production and finished their work last April. Iceland will continue to be important to the company, and the biggest project of the year in this country will be Latabær's 20th anniversary show at the Þjóðleichúsin, where close to 70 people will work on the production.

Magnus Scheving: "After I left the costume, my role as an ambassador for a healthy lifestyle around the world has increased, and the demand for me as a speaker has also increased, and I will continue to do so. Then I also intend to turn to exciting projects that I have not been able to do for the last 20 years. I am proud and happy that Latibær is in the hands of one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world, Turner, which is part of the Time Warner group. A party that has everything needed to make Latabæ grow and prosper for the foreseeable future. I'm also really excited to see Latabær in the National Theater and it's a good feeling that new generations can experience Latabær on stage just like when the adventure began 20 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1FC547DADAE589CBF0D872B98BF1461C18CB2AE5FB6004B33900117A29DD8DE7_713x0.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	184255

- - - Updated - - -

And a translation of what Stefan said to someone who said he should change his status to "works for Turner" =
    "No, now it goes to the "self-employed" Lazytown at the National Theatre this fall will be my swan's song with Glanni, it is my kveðjuhóf."

:(
    Attached Files
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Re: End of the Magnus reign

I hope they don't destroy his creation. American networks and movie studios are notorious for that. But I hope one day we get to see a LazyTown movie!

Comment

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
      I hope they don't destroy his creation. American networks and movie studios are notorious for that. But I hope one day we get to see a LazyTown movie!
      Oh they will they will. They'll probably get Miley to play Stephanie too. That's how crappy they are.
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

That's a lot of people that leaves the show :?

Click image for larger version

Name:	lzt_leaves_iceland.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	148560

#LazyTown leaves #Iceland and moves to the #UK. Five full-time staff & 160 contractors leave the company. #IcelandNews #TV
        The only English news about this I found:
        http://www.grapevine.is/News/ReadArt...-Iceland-Adieu
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          That's a lot of people that leaves the show :?

The only English news about this I found:
          http://www.grapevine.is/News/ReadArt...-Iceland-Adieu

Well there goes Iceland's economy

Comment

And now... what?

Must we forget the LazyTown film? (I mean, with - at least - two of three characters that made famous internationally this TV series)

Must we forget the magic touch of MS in everything related to LazyTown products, for good?

If I may, taking into account scales, influences and history, this looks like "Stars Wars" and George Lucas. In this case, MS (like a sort of George Lucas) is giving his golden creation to hands that is not sure what they can do with it (not Disney but Turner). I mean, I wonder if they will appreciate and give fair treatment to LazyTown (is not "Star Wars" but it has a small, loved and illustrious history too), specially if MS is not present to correct and enlighten them.

Maybe, after all, "Robbie" will be the last to turn off the lights and close the door. :(

Comment

Look, when Julianna leaving show, everything changed, too! :(

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
                Look, when Julianna leaving show, everything changed, too! :(
                Yeah that was the biggest blow to the show. Bless the whole lot of the old crew, Magnus, Stefan, Manni and everyone else at LTE. They left us with such a unique legacy with season 1 and season 2.
                As for Julianna, I only wish she knew how much she has inspired people with what she brought to the show. Such a talent she is.

I'm sorry but imo season 3 pales in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                  Yeah that was the biggest blow to the show. Bless the whole lot of the old crew, Magnus, Stefan, Manni and everyone else at LTE. They left us with such a unique legacy with season 1 and season 2.
                  As for Julianna, I only wish she knew how much she has inspired people with what she brought to the show. Such a talent she is.

I'm sorry but imo season 3 pales in comparison.
                  I agree with you.

But unfortunately it was the freaks and weirdos who turned Julianna off from the whole celebrity side of things.
                  You might have noticed the current blow-out with Charlize Theron likening the intrusion into her personal life as a form of rape.
                  (and now she is being blasted for using the word rape in a metaphorical sense).
                  But Julianna's experiences actually bear out what Charlize is saying.

Comment

But unfortunately it was the freaks and weirdos who turned Julianna off from the whole celebrity side of things.
                    True that. It's the freaks and weirdos that end up ruining it for the rest of us. They usually can't separate real life actors from the fictional characters.

You might have noticed the current blow-out with Charlize Theron likening the intrusion into her personal life as a form of rape.
                    (and now she is being blasted for using the word rape in a metaphorical sense).
                    But Julianna's experiences actually bear out what Charlize is saying.
                    What makes me laugh though is that Charlize Theron knew this going into the business like most of the older actors do. She made the choice
                    to follow that path. She was about 18 - 20 when she entered the movie business. That's more than old enough to know what's up.
                    I would love to tell them to their faces to shut their cake holes and stop whining. You all knew full well that becoming and staying a public figure you were going to
                    attract the freaks and cooks. You all should have chosen a different career path. Is it unfortunate? Yes. However it comes with the job description.

Now in the case of Julianna it was the mother who got her involved in the business. What was it think she was about 8ish doing Broadway. Not sure how much
                    her mother informed her about the baggage that comes along with the job description but highly doubt it was a lot. In the end though, she has chosen the career path
                    she would have chosen if not brought into the business and probably a bit due to finding out first hand the baggage that comes along with that entertainment job description.
                    She has chosen what she feels is right for her. Good for her but bad for us fans because we will never get to see the talent she has anymore.

In conclusion, the complainers can simply just leave the business and disappear from public view very easily. Simple as that. Nothing is stopping them from doing so.
                    Yet there they stay and there they still sit and complain. I have no sympathy for them in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                      in my mind the new Sportacus will now definately be American, and if he can sing, that's the end of Matthias Matthiasson
                      Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                      this fall will be my swan's song with Glanni, it is my farewell party
                      I hope they don't destroy his creation
                      Oh they will they will
                      Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                      That's a lot of people that leaves the show
                      Well there goes Iceland's economy
                      Originally posted by hlazytownero View Post
                      And now... what?

Must we forget the LazyTown film?

Must we forget the magic touch of MS in everything related to LazyTown products, for good?

Maybe, after all, "Robbie" will be the last to turn off the lights and close the door
                      Gallery

Comment

I wonder if in a year or two from now I'll see New Lazytown toys with the new American Sportacus and new Stephanie faces on the boxes of the toys as I walk down the toy section. I wonder how that will make me feel. Also it's been a full years since the new season 3 started airing in the US and I still haven't seen new Lazytown toys, dvds, or merchandise in stores! What gives ?

Comment

http://www.lazytownpoint.com/Secret2.html

Comment

Original video title: Latibaer haettir starfsemi herlendis. --

source: http://www.visir.is/latibaer-flytur-.../2014140539857

LazyTown cease operations in Iceland.

Magnus has worked as an author and CEO of LazyTown the past twenty years, but he announced today that he will retire from the company later this year. LazyTown activities in the country will be fully transferred to the UK.

" I have twenty years of this and decided to have reached this milestone now. I thought to myself , why not do the biggest leap ever and just jump off the wagon now and say, "Well , it's been enough."

"I personally got myself a bit in trouble because I have wanted to do so many things that I couldn't do. I wanted, for example, to go skiing. But I couldn't. I could not do motorcycling, I could not do anything. Not even skydiving. Now I feel like a calf or cow that gets out all of a sudden and can go jump around. Maybe not jump, although I'm ready to jump so much. Maybe I need to sit down and relax a little."

Financially?
                            " I'm good about this really. You may always wonder what is the profit: is it just the money in the pocket or is the profit more. I came out of it pretty well, altogether, although the work was a little too much. So I advise to all who are taking the step in a very big project maybe not work too much, because you lose so much with it. "

Magnus celebrates his 50th birthday in November and has never been in better shape

" I'm not grown old yet, I have plenty of years left. I can still go in a split, see? ".

Attached Files
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I am debating whether watching it or not because Magnus is and will always be Sportacus in my opioion and nobody will ever be able to replace him in my books.

Comment

Working...
                              X