X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBCU's Sprout Launches TV Everywhere

By Staff
    TVNewsCheck, February 26, 2014 12:04 PM EST

Sprout announced today the launch of Sprout NOW, giving subscribers access to its content anywhere, anytime, on any device. Now, preschoolers and their families will be able to access all of their favorite Sprout series, including original programming like The Chica Show and Noodle and Doodle, a library of gold standard series, including Caillou and Sesame Street, and U.S. exclusives including Lazytown and Tree Fu Tom via www.Sproutonline.com/now and through Sprout NOW, currently available in Apple’s app store.

Sprout NOW, which derives its name from the Bravo NOW app, offers Sprout’s live linear stream of programming as well as full episodes on demand and more.

NBCUniversal said the launch marks an important step in its “long-term strategy to provide both viewers and marketers with a user friendly way to engage with its content on multiple platforms.” Launching today for iOS, Sprout NOW will be available in an Android version later this year.

“Sprout was originally conceived as a multi-platform destination for preschoolers and their caregivers, and it’s always been a cornerstone of our strategy to ensure our series and content are available wherever families are,” said Sandy Wax, president of Sprout. “Sprout NOW delivers on our commitment to provide Sprout’s much loved programming anytime and anyplace.”

“Sprout NOW is yet another example of NBCUniversal’s commitment to TV Everywhere, engaging viewers with quality content on multiple platforms,” said Ron Lamprecht, EVP, NBCUniversal Digital Distribution. “Sprout is now among many of NBCUniversal’s valued networks that offer content to its distribution partners and our viewers wherever and whenever they want it.”

TV Everywhere is available on an authenticated basis to subscribers of participating MVPDs. Fans can access long-form content through Sprout’s digital touchpoints on PCs, smartphones and tablets, and may also be able to access through the apps and websites of participating cable, satellite, and telco services, via TV Everywhere, including AT&T U-verse® TV, BrightHouse, Cablevision’s Optimum TV, Charter, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, Mediacom, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS, and Wide Open West (WOW).

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/7...-tv-everywhere

Re: NBCU's Sprout Launches TV Everywhere

I wonder if it will be internationally available... otherwise it isn't really TV everywhere then, is it?

Comment

I would assume that includes the obnoxious watermark too

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
      I wonder if it will be internationally available... otherwise it isn't really TV everywhere then, is it?
      Rather sounds like everywhere in the U.S. not globally
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Hmmm interesting. I should be able to get access to this. I'll check it out more later.

Comment

http://www.sproutonline.com/now/lazytown

Click image for larger version

Name:	sprout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	147909

Comment

lol... poor Chloe! All you meanies pickin on her!

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
              Rather sounds like everywhere in the U.S. not globally
              Yes, I see it asks you to sign in with your Cable TV provider details.

Comment

lol... poor Chloe! All you meanies pickin on her!

Comment

So you can watch Sprout live wherever you want. I'm sure this is useful for parents on the go who can set the kids up with iPads. Not really useful to me since I can just turn on my tv.

Comment

Exactly what I said! ;)
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I just logged on this website, and I have to say, it's close (keyword: close) to 720 HD for me for the episodes.

Comment

Well, it only has US providers (like xfinity, WOW, and Cox) so I don't think it's international.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyYardigans View Post
                          I just logged on this website, and I have to say, it's close (keyword: close) to 720 HD for me for the episodes.
                          Close to 720 HD.. That's the same on the Norwegian TV website where they have free LazyTown streaming (and live TV) for a few years: http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post45258

The video on widescreen monitor is zoomed to 720p but it's still SD quality, and it doesn't look very nice. For smartphones, iPad etc it doesn't matter so much because they have a small screen to look at. Also kids don't really care about the quality as long as they can watch it. For the company it saves data on their network and if you have a wireless connection like BJ has, you must thank them not streaming it in HD

Click image for larger version

Name:	norway_tv_lt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	357.6 KB
ID:	147911
                          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Sim

yeahs

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X