Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Went To The Studio

Originally posted by PinkLizzie View Post
    And do you have any ideea where would it be?
    This is just speculation, but we have heard rumours they are moving to England and will become part of the Turner Studios there.

Comment

Wow! :)
      They must be really nice over in Iceland to let their fans visit the studio! I'd love to do this but I wouldn't know who to call. Thanks for sharing this story with us!

Comment

Wow, what a great read.
        I had actually heard about you visiting the studio, but never knew you made a topic telling your story. Sounds like a wonderful time, and I'm really glad you got to experience this before the studio closed down.
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I had a "congratulations for making it to the bafta awards" card sent to the studio but the deliverer said that they had moved so I am just having them send the card to me from Iceland and when I get it I will snap a picture and post it up...will be the first thing I have ever received from there!!
          Thank you to Upplifun, baekur og blom and the guy named Villi that works there...my bank has been a pain in the butt and it has been hard to get authorization to pay for the card..If it doesn't go through today I will just send them a bank transfer.

Comment

Very interesting stuff my friend.
            I do have a question what were some things they let you take home I'm just so interested?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyrudy View Post
              Very interesting stuff my friend.
              I do have a question what were some things they let you take home I'm just so interested?
              I took home three (or four?) books from the Jol Pall LazyTown book series from the early 2000s, a rare Sportacus statue/piggybank, 2 of the pieces of "taffy" from Happy Brush Day, a signed headshot of Stefan Karl as RR, and a book for investors to present their brand.

Comment

I Went To The Studio

Did they have like a bunch of CDs in the storage room?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyrudy View Post
                  Did they have like a bunch of CDs in the storage room?
                  I didn't see any CDs in particular, but I did see a mountain of merchandise that they had in the warehouse; just junk that was sent their way for approval before mass production I suppose. I'm sure there were CDs in there somewhere.

Comment

That is so cool

Comment

Thank you for sharing. It was fun to read about, especially about the little games people working on the show had with each other like the prank they played on Magnus. Getting to see the underbelly of the show like that, it must have been very special.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                        They were design documents from 2001, when they were first trying to fit LazyTown into a television series. Now that's the kind of shit I eat right up. It was really, really interesting. There were a few pages for each character at the time (Stiffanie Splitt, PC Hyperbyte, Jives Junkfood, Stingy Spoilero, Bessie Busybody, Sportacus, Ziggie Zweets, Mayor Meanswell, Officer Obtuse, Cock-a-Little-Do, Robbie Rotten, and Trixie Troubleby). Those pages included character concepts, descriptions, strengths and weaknesses, backgrounds, relationships with other characters etc. For example, Stephanie's father was meant to be an elementary school teacher, and her mother, an ornithologist. Another is that Robbie Rotten was a skilled drama student and chess player in his private school, that his mother was a compulsive gambler and his father a prominent politician. Perhaps the most interesting backstory was Sportacus's. Again, maybe this should be put in its own paragraph.
                        In case you didn't forget all of it yet, is there any more information you could share about these documents?

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post
                          In case you didn't forget all of it yet, is there any more information you could share about these documents?
                          Sure why not. I snapped some sneaky pictures from there. They're not good, so be prepared for that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-01.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	193020 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-02.jpg
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	193018 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-03.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	193017 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-04.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	193016 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-05.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	193019 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-06.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	193022 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-07.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	193021 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-08.jpg
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	193025 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-09.jpg
Size:	395.0 KB
ID:	193026 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-10.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	193027 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-11.jpg
Size:	510.1 KB
ID:	193023 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-12.jpg
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	193024 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-13.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	193029 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-14.jpg
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	193030 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-15.jpg
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	193028 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-16.jpg
Size:	416.7 KB
ID:	193032 Click image for larger version

Name:	design-document-pictures-17.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	481.2 KB
ID:	193031
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's so cool. Even reading snippets from the shots is really interesting seeing what was preserved and what was discarded.

Comment

Wow, these are interesting though. Unfortunate that we may never get to see all of it :/

Comment

Just curious member Stingy, but do you have anymore un-seen snaps of unreleased LazyTown media (Screenshots of the Lazy Dance, maybe some other things from the LazyTown Marketing book you got (or maybe a full scan of it))
                                If you do, please upload them, since they might need to be archived for later generations of the LazyTown fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                                X