I Went To The Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Went To The Studio

I originally wasn't going to talk about this here on the forums, but since you're reading this post, well, I guess you can see that I ultimately changed my mind. Last week I took a trip to Iceland, and as you can probably assume, spent much time at the LazyTown production studio. Most of my time there was spent at the studio, actually. In this post I will talk about my relevant experiences, stuff that I specifically found interesting, or stuff that I think will generally be found interesting. The post will be very loosely organized, focusing on a more detailed description of events in no particular chronological order to when they happened. I am not much of a picture taker, though there are a few pictures that I took, which will be posted along with little stories in the next post. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences there and I urge anyone with the desire and adequate resources to take the same leap that I did.

So a question that probably comes up first for a few of you readers is, “Did you meet Magnus?” Yes, I did. The first day that I was there also happened to be the day that some Turner bigwigs were visiting the studio, so I was made aware of that pretty quickly. I was actually sitting with Mani Svavarsson in his office when the post-production manager, Jay Coquillon, popped his head in and mentioned that “they would be coming around next.” I asked if I should leave, but I was told no. So I sat there and sure enough, a few minutes later, in walks Magnus, the Turner guy, and Bussi Sigurdsson, one of the producers. I say hello, shake their hands, and pretty much just get out of their way. They stood over Mani for a few minutes while he showed off his underscoring work for Roboticus, one of Magnus's favorite episodes, to the Turner guy. Then they left. A little while afterwards, I was checking out one of the studio rooms called the Hudson Room, which is a bit like a meeting room / lounge. In walks Magnus, now unburdened by business. So I got to formally introduce myself, and we had a little chat about my personal life, why I liked LazyTown.. etc. A few minutes into speaking to him, one of his assistants popped in and called him away. A day or two later I saw him once more, again while in Mani's office, when he came in to review Mani's current progress on underscoring the episode they were working on, Ghost Stoppers. We didn't chat much at that time, and I didn't know then that that would be the last time I'd see him or I would have spoken to him a bit more. I did end up sending him an email after I returned that pretty much thanked him for creating something so profoundly important in my life. I didn't meet any other actors, though I did speak to quite a few of the staff members there and got a long really well with some. Although, I could have sworn that during the end of my trip the guy who played the Mayor in the first two plays came in. It was tough to tell, though.

Over the days that I was there, I spent a lot of time on the filming set, just kind of checking things out and just kind of letting it all sink in. Yeah, I was in the airship. Yeah, I sat in Robbie's chair. Yeah, I was in Steph's room (which by the way, is surprisingly tiny). One thing that really amazed me was how fake everything looked. Well, maybe fake isn't the right word, but up close you can tell that everything is made of either wood or styrofoam with a few layers of paint. There wasn't much that wasn't made out of those materials. But on the show, even in HD, everything looks pretty natural. Another thing that surprised me was how messy it was. When you see production pics, everything looks pretty clean around the studio. But when I was there, if there wasn't a camera facing it, there were props and stuff everywhere. I was able to get some strings pulled and got Hannes Bjorgvinsson to take me to the storage lot next door to show me retired props and sets. He was a really nice guy who walked me around and was giving me little stories about some of the pieces. He would comment on things that he thought were particularly well made. The unit wasn't any messier than what you'd expect a storage unit to look like, but it wasn't very organized. Although, Hannes insisted that they could find anything if asked for it. There were giant boxes of props, and stacks and stacks of boxes of LazyTown merchandise, mostly in Spanish. Some of the props that made the most impact on me were the spaceship from Ziggy's Alien, which was much smaller than I expected, the cannon, which was much larger than I expected, and then some sort of princess chariot from season 4 which was really well made. The interior was all nice and everything, which was really rare from the other stuff I saw. At one point Hannes and I came upon a piece of merchandise – a piggybank Sportacus statue made in 2002. I mentioned that I once lost one of them on eBay, and he insisted that I took it. How could I refuse? I was also able to take a tiny piece of LazyTown back home with me – two pieces of “taffy” from Happy Brush Day. They won't miss them, as there were boxes full of the little foam cubes. Apart from the filming lots, of course, I got the no-doors-locked grande tour. Chloe's room, the makeup room, the costume room, the puppet workshop... everything.

While I was in the office part of the studio, I spent most of my time with Mani in his office, though I did jump around to vfx, editing, and others sometimes. As I mentioned earlier in the post, he was currently working on the Ghost Stoppers episode. The day that I got there, the gears got changed for some reason. Before I arrived, they were working on the moon episode, that we've seen production pics for, that's called 'Let's Go To The Moon,' however, for some reason Magnus insisted that they halt post work on that episode for some reason and start working on Ghost Stoppers. While with Mani, he showed me the most recent version of all the season 4 songs. The song that goes along with 'Let's Go To The Moon' (currently the song has the same title), is my favorite. I remember telling him “It's going to be tough to top Galaxy,” but I was kind of shocked at how good the song was. Coming in at close second is a song currently called “One More Time” which is a Sporty/Stephy duet, and in my opinion, the best of its kind yet. And to those who were worried about Robbie's strange disappearance from the season 3 music, fret not, as Robbie has a ton of presence in season 4 songs. I think he has something like 3 or 4 songs all to himself, and lots of presence in some other songs too. There's this one song (for which episode, I'm not sure) where Robbie hires three 1-800-Villains to help him (reference to Glaumbæjargengið), and the song is extremely ska. Like, very ska. I was really surprised at how unlike LazyTown it sounded. Oh, and just so everyone knows, the dance breaks in the middle of songs aren't a thing anymore. During my time with Mani, he gave me about 90 minutes total of freedom on hid HDD. I was checking out song demos, acapellas, vocal takes, and cut songs. It was very interesting to hear some of Juli's vocal takes. For example, like many of you, I have the melody of Twenty Times Time memorized. The lyrics, the notes, the inflections, and even the quirks. So when I'm listening to Juli singing the song, and she ****s up the lyrics, or misses a note, it's just kind of fundamentally strange. So that was an experience. He also had the lost episode “The Lazy Dance” on his HDD, which I took the liberty of watching. Maybe I'll just make this it's own paragraph.

So The Lazy Dance takes place on Stephanie's half-birthday, and when asked how she wants to celebrate, she says that she wants to have a dance party. So everyone gets together in town square and starts to practice their dance moves, when Sportacus shows up. He gets invited to Stephanie's half-birthday party, but when she tells him that it's a dance party, he gets really nervous because he doesn't know how to dance. He tells the kids this, but they don't believe him because he's a superhero, and there's nothing that a superhero can't do. When the kids leave, he does a little outloud exposition to himself that Robbie overhears. Then Robbie dresses up as a (really faaaaaaaaaaaaaabulouussssssssssss) dance instructor who offers to teach Sportacus how to dance. But he teaches him these really, really awful dance moves so that he looks stupid at the party so everyone will lose respect for him. The song for the episode is “We're Dancing” which has a really cute music video. When Sportacus gets to the party, he preforms the dumb dance moves, but the kids teach him some their own dance moves so that he doesn't look like a complete fool, and their innocence once again trumps Robbie's evil plans. Exit with Bing Bang, which doesn't have a choreographed dance yet, and is played still using Shelby's voice. The episode has no underscore, no post-voice overs, almost no audio editing, half of the cgi isn't rendered / fully rendered, and some of the audio is out of sync. Nevertheless, really enjoyable to finally watch.

I was able to watch some pretty big chunks of a few episodes. There's one where the kids are having a gift exchange and Robbie gets Trixie, but doesn't get her anything. However, she thinks it was Stephanie and runs away from LazyTown. What was a pretty good episode. There's another episode where Robbie Rotten goes back in time and kidnaps Johnny Sportscandyseed, the person responsible for plating all the plants in LazyTown. Some good jokes in that one. I was watching some of the “Let's Go To The Moon” episode, as I mentioned already, and that one really is solid. I don't think I can express that enough. I think that will be the best of the season, but there are lots I haven't seen. Of course, there's Ghost Stoppers which, spoilers, is about Robbie dressed up as a ghost. There's a wizard episode, an episode about trolls, one where Stephanie becomes a princess, and one that looks really strange that involves Pinnochio. I think there are 14 total, but that could be off. They really pulled out all the stops with guest characters this season, which I don't really think is necessary, but I guess we'll see how that plays out.

A quick break from pure LazyTownness. One of the day's, I spent a few hours aimlessly wandering around downtown Reykjavik. I stopped in at a few tourist centers and asked them to point me to some used video/cd/book stores, and they did. I was lucky enough to find a few LazyTown things for very, very cheap compared to what you'd pay on eBay. 3-4 dollars + no shipping. Much better than 20-30 dollars + 50 shipping.

Back to full Laziness. At one point, I was sat down in the main meeting room and these two very large bound documents were pulled out that had two labels each. “LazyTown” and “DO NOT REMOVE THESE FROM THIS ROOM.” They were design documents from 2001, when they were first trying to fit LazyTown into a television series. Now that's the kind of shit I eat right up. It was really, really interesting. There were a few pages for each character at the time (Stiffanie Splitt, PC Hyperbyte, Jives Junkfood, Stingy Spoilero, Bessie Busybody, Sportacus, Ziggie Zweets, Mayor Meanswell, Officer Obtuse, Cock-a-Little-Do, Robbie Rotten, and Trixie Troubleby). Those pages included character concepts, descriptions, strengths and weaknesses, backgrounds, relationships with other characters etc. For example, Stephanie's father was meant to be an elementary school teacher, and her mother, an ornithologist. Another is that Robbie Rotten was a skilled drama student and chess player in his private school, that his mother was a compulsive gambler and his father a prominent politician. Perhaps the most interesting backstory was Sportacus's. Again, maybe this should be put in its own paragraph.

So, keep in mind that while this is official documentation, this concept is how 13 years old and is probably not the current Sportacus backstory. So, as an abandoned and unnamed child, Sportacus worked in mines under a man named Mr. Kicker. Since none of the kids in the mines had names, Kicker referred to the kids by numbers.. Sportacus being number 10. There wasn't much fun to be had under the mines, so the kids spent a lot of time learning lots of different kinds of sports. At some point during mining, number 10 accidentally found a strange crystal that shone whenever someone was being hurt, and he kept it. After years of abuse, number 10 finally decided to revolt. In secret, he built a hot air balloon powered by pedals and one day, he flew it out of the mountain, taking some kids with him. Soon after, he came back and dropped down a ladder and started rescuing other kids. He eventually rescued all of the kids from Mr. Kicker, and was even able to take Kicker's spyglass from him before leaving the mines forever. Also, the mustache comes from rubbing his face with coaly hands. Interesting stuff.

Oh, after reading the design docs, I was looking around to see what other goodies there were around the room, and I stumbled upon the pilot VHS as well as the show bible from 2003. To great misfortune, there wasn't a single VHS player in the entire building. Trust me. We looked. So I never got to watch the pilot episode.. The show bible wasn't terribly interesting, as by that time, the show was pretty close to what we know it as now. It did however, have the Alex Busybody version of the Sportacus origin story in there, but again, we pretty much know that.

While wandering the halls of LazyTown one day, I ran into a woman named Eyrun Jonsdottir, who is the brand coordinator there at LazyTown. I had met her before. She said “Ah, Chris! I was looking for you! Some of us were talking and we thought it would be a waste to have LazyTown's biggest fan here and to not interview him.” “Uhm.. what? You want to interview me?” I said. “Yes. We'd love to get your view of things, if you'd like.” I couldn't refuse, could I? “Yeah. Yeah I can do that. Why not?” “Great!” She said. “Let me just go get a camera and I'll meet you back here in like 3 minutes.” So when she got back, we sat down in the Hudson Room and sure as shit, she interviewed me. Not exactly hard-hitting journalism, though. Questions like “What's your favorite episode.” “What makes you like LazyTown so much?” “Why did you decide to come out to the studio?” Stuff like that. One question that she asked me though was pretty interesting. She asked me if I wanted to say anything about the brand in general. I asked her if she thought that Magnus would ever be watching this interview, and she said probably. I know it was a little late, but I decided that it was time for the Festivus Airing of Grievances. If I had the chance to tell Magnus some of my LazyTown disagreements, I couldn't pass it up. So that's what I did. I mentioned Stephanie's superhero alter-ego, or whatever the hell that's supposed to be, the excess of guest characters, the occasional over-emphasis of Sportacus and action scenes, and the fact that Welcome to LazyTown got cut short (by the way, that's still happening in s4). After the interview, she said that if they ever used it for anything they'll let me know. I doubt it will, but we will see.

After the interview, we were just kind of chit chatting. She was a really nice lady who was really happy that I was a fan of the show. We went over to the marketing section of the offices and she started to pretty much throw stuff at me. “Do you have this? No? Here, take it. Have this? Well, take it anyway.” Can't complain about freebies. My suitcase was probably twice as heavy flying out as when I flew in.

Yeah, I think that pretty much covers all the major events. It was emotionally difficult to leave the studio. It sounds kind of dumb, but it was and I'll tell you why. As an adult fan of a children's television show, it's kind of an understatement to say that my tastes are uncommon. Yes, I have all of you to share my passion with, and I really am glad for that, but it was really, really nice to be able to share my passion with people that I could speak to. For something that's so important in my life, it's a little constricting that I can only talk to people over the internet about it. It was such a relief to be surrounded by LazyTown and people who shared my passion. My opinions were respected, instead of scoffed. I got smiles instead of the dirty looks I can get when I tell people that my favorite show is LazyTown. I loved being there and they loved having me, and they all did everything they could to make sure that I had an unforgettable experience, and I did.

I'm sure there are things that I'm forgetting, so I'll post anything significant that I remember. Also, let me know if you have any questions about anything. Pics will be posted soon.

Re: I Went To The Studio

I watched a few episodes of LazyTown on the airplane there. Seemed appropriate. Here's the in-flight TV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vqSjdiY.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	193033

Here's a picture of the decal of the sides of the airship's cockpit. I took a picture because I found it interesting that they used an older character design, and there's no way I could make it out on any episode.

Name:	d352iL6.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	387.2 KB
ID:	193034

This picture is one of the more interesting, I think. It's from the papers sticking out of the Mayor's filing cabinets. Another thing impossible to make out on TV. It's the town seal. Before I took this picture, it was the first time I saw the seal, but after... I am seeing this smashed chicken everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. I'm telling you. Start looking for it. After some asking around, I found out its origin. In the design documents I mentioned, it talks about how originally, each episode was going to start with a running gag where a bird flies into town and poops on a statue of the Mayor. At the end of the episode, the bird would fly out of the town and splat on the camera. And that's what the seal is. The splatted bird. It's very interesting how something like that still made it into the show in a sense. Think about it, though. There are so many birds in LazyTown compared to other animals. Keep an eye out.

Name:	5iEyNpw.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	193035

Can't go to LazyTown without a few pictures of Stephanie's shoes, right?

Name:	LiqKdxn.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	193036

I thought that some Stephanie fans might like this one. This is taken behind the filming set, where they store frequently used/recently used props. It's definitely a unique picture of Stephers.

Name:	NivPc5o.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	193037

Yup. Here's this, in all of it's anticlimacticy.

Name:	GfdrZBz.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	193038

My favorite prop. Taken inside the storage unit.

Name:	0lyeSdP.jpg
Size:	634.9 KB
ID:	193039

A joke from the crew, also taken inside the storage unit.

Name:	fsBdAaY.jpg
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	193040

Comment

You lucky stiff
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Well LazyTown's biggest fan deserves all you have experienced.. I am happy for you ...I would love to visit Iceland and the studio too someday.

Comment

Stingy, I am so jealous! But it was absolutely awesome reading this! Thank you for taking the time and having the courage to write it all out for us! I will probably come back and read it several more times.
          I am a relatively new LazyTown fan, having only discovered it last year (2013). But it has also changed my life and turned me into an instant lifelong fan.
          It is hard to explain to people how one can find an appreciation for a show and all its characters so quickly to the extent that it makes you want to analyze every single little facet of the show.
          I don't even do that with my favourite movies, but LazyTown is different.
          It's funny how I have been obsessing over the show and wishing I could go to Iceland and visit the studios. My youngest son has also become a keen fan, and my teenage daughter is falling on love with the music.
          My wife and teenage son just roll their eyes.
          But at least now I can vicariously live out my desire to visit the studios through your experience that you have shared here with us!
          Please take photos of the merchandise and stuff you were given when you get chance!
          And thanks again for taking the time to share this with us!

Comment

thanks for your report Stingy...I enjoyed every line of your story...I'm really impressed and a bit jealous of course because you met Maggi & Mani, you have seen some parts of the new eps and heard the music and much more (not to mention you hold a pair of original Stephanie shoes in your hands!)...what a pity you visited the paradise after Eve has already left but at least you had the chance to smell out the aftermath of her magic...I think the mission is complete and Getlazy is supposed to get closed now...

*is going adding Stingy to his Stephanie shrine*
            Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              I went to the studio...
              *reads with a default view of scepticism as was the way she was raised*

Originally posted by Stingy
              Can't go to LazyTown without a few pictures of Stephanie's shoes, right?
              Picture 1
              *Clicks, GASPS!, believes, re-reads* <--smile emote isn't big enough!

Originally posted by Tarajunki
              I would love to visit Iceland and the studio too someday.
              Me too
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                I think the mission is complete and Getlazy is supposed to get closed now...
                As we say in the UK "Stick a fork in, I'm done!" :)
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

That was a great reading! Thanks

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                  Originally posted by Tarajunki
                  Well LazyTown's biggest fan deserves all you have experienced.. I am happy for you ...I would love to visit Iceland and the studio too someday.
                  hear hear :)
                  Is it wrong to not have those needs or urges? For me it's a sort of fairytale fantasy how they make all the great things you see eventually on video and how's everything supposed to look like (studio, set, puppets etc.). With a little help from behind the scenes photo's I can complete my imagination. I really like the mystery. Maybe it will ruine that if I actually went there.

For something that's so important in my life, it's a little constricting that I can only talk to people over the internet about it. It was such a relief to be surrounded by LazyTown and people who shared my passion. My opinions were respected, instead of scoffed. I got smiles instead of the dirty looks I can get when I tell people that my favorite show is LazyTown.
                  Well that's different for me too. I'm lucky to have a partner and friends who are open for anything. Talking and sharing thoughts about LazyTown doesn't seem to bother them. That doesn't say that I don't feel the need to talk with people who are actually big fans, or to people that are part of the production team, in person; but it's not high on my list.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I'm sure there are things that I'm forgetting, so I'll post anything significant that I remember. Also, let me know if you have any questions about anything. Pics will be posted soon.
                    while thinking about your whole adventure some questions were coming in my mind:

- what's the reason that you originally didn't want to talk about your experience?...what you were afraid of?

- did you announce your coming or did you got even invited?...because I think the LT staff isn't amused when a guest is stumbling in out of the blue

- while you were speaking with Maggi did you mention the Blu Ray problem?

- you mentioned that you got interviewed...do you have an idea where and when the interview will be released?

- you told us you watched some parts of the new eps and some new songs too..I wonder where did it come from...a regular desktop pc or was it rather a
                    kind of high tech equipment?...did you use earphones?

- you mentioned that you had the chance to grab some props...please post a detailed list of the stuff you got there...

- did you take a photo you together with Maggi or Mani?

- and last but not least did you ask for some Stephanie souvenier like a wig or shoes?

tia
                    Gallery

Comment

- and last but not least did you ask for some Stephanie souvenier like a wig or shoes?
                      Personally I would have requested the complete collection of JRM era style guides on disk and hard copies.
                      I don't think that would have been too much to ask. Along with some JRM green screen footage :)

- while you were speaking with Maggi did you mention the Blu Ray problem?
                      That would have been the first thing out of my mouth :)
                      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tarajunki View Post
                        Wow Stingy...how did it feel like to visit Heaven? That must really have been an experience that you hated to end.
                        Yes, I did. At first I thought that I regretted not staying for longer, but it's not that. Doesn't matter if I stayed for 4 days, 6 days, or 16 days. I would have felt the same leaving, maybe even worse.

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
                        My youngest son has also become a keen fan, and my teenage daughter is falling on love with the music. My wife and teenage son just roll their eyes.
                        I didn't know we had a real-life adult here on the forums.

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
                        Please take photos of the merchandise and stuff you were given when you get chance!
                        Yeah I can do that. I also took a few videos.. I'll probably upload a bit of that. Probably.

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                        For me it's a sort of fairytale fantasy how they make all the great things you see eventually on video and how's everything supposed to look like (studio, set, puppets etc.). With a little help from behind the scenes photo's I can complete my imagination. I really like the mystery. Maybe it will ruine that if I actually went there.
                        I had the same fear, but no, it didn't. It made me appreciate LazyTown in a whole new way without affecting my other appreciations. I can still watch the show and pretend like it's real, while still knowing that I was actually standing next to Stephanie's bed, even if the sky was green.

What's the reason that you originally didn't want to talk about your experience?...what you were afraid of?
                        I definitely didn't want to say anything before I went because I didn't want to get bombarded with requests. Take a picture of this, make sure to look at that. I didn't want to do that. The reason I hesitated afterwards was firstly, I didn't want anyone to be jealous. I knew that there was no way to avoid that. I also don't want to be "the guy that went to the studio." But I decided that even through the jealousy, people would still want to hear about it, which apparently I was right about. I also decided that maybe I wanted people to be jealous so that they would take the same trip that I did. I want every one of you to do it if you can.

Did you announce your coming or did you got even invited?...because I think the LT staff isn't amused when a guest is stumbling in out of the blue
                        Yeah they knew I was coming since November. There is really no bad time to be there, because there is really no good time to be there either. They are very busy people.

While you were speaking with Maggi did you mention the Blu Ray problem?
                        No. I am not a videophile like many of you are, though I do think it's a great waste to go through all the trouble to build this state-of-the-art studio and then not showcase everything that it's capable of. It didn't even cross my mind to ask it, though maybe it would have if I had more time to think about things.

You mentioned that you got interviewed...do you have an idea where and when the interview will be released?
                        Hopefully never haha. It was pretty on-the-fly, so I didn't exactly wear the right clothes, go out of my way to make myself look sexy, or have too much time to think about the questions. It's not one of the best interviews lol.

You told us you watched some parts of the new eps and some new songs too..I wonder where did it come from...a regular desktop pc or was it rather a kind of high tech equipment?...did you use earphones?
                        I was watching them on PCs. Not to say that they weren't hi-tech PCs with really high power and really big monitors. Nobody uses headphones there, I think. Everyone seemed to be playing the stuff from speakers. Anywhere you went you could hear someone watching LazyTown.

You mentioned that you had the chance to grab some props...please post a detailed list of the stuff you got there...
                        It was only the two pieces of taffy. I'll post a pic or something. I would have liked to take the whole set home, but of course I had to be tactful about my questions. I asked for the taffy pieces because I knew that the answer would be yes. If I had asked for one of Ziggy's lollipops, the answer would probably have been no. They really like to hold on to pretty much everything.

Did you take a photo you together with Maggi or Mani?
                        Nope.

And last but not least did you ask for some Stephanie souvenier like a wig or shoes?
                        Haha I maybe could have asked for a wig and gotten it, though it didn't cross my mind. They had lots laying around. They actually cut them specifically for the actress's heads, so if I had gotten one, it wouldn't look like the same wig that we see on TV. It just would have been a long, pink wig. I felt them, and they were a little more fibrous than I thought they would be. I did wear one of Chloe's wigs though, just for fun. I didn't take a picture though. Looked like a right fool.

Comment

I thought I might share a funny production story I heard on the trip.

There's an episode that involves pyramids, and kind of has an Egyptian theme. Magnus likes to have his lines on whiteboards hidden from the camera, I guess. Not sure if that is the same deal with the other actors, but yeah. Magnus, being a non-native English speaker, has a difficult time pronouncing some complex English words. So at some point during the filming of the episode, the guys on set wrote something like this on the board for Magnus: "We need to use the aluminum to read the hieroglyphics on the sarcophagus!" It's not an actual line used in the show, of course, but they had a good time laughing at Magnus while he continued to screw up the lines until he figured out that it was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                            Personally I would have requested the complete collection of JRM era style guides on disk and hard copies.
                            I don't think that would have been too much to ask. Along with some JRM green screen footage
                            I know it's not serious meant and I think we both are too well-bred for acting like this...as Stingy mentioned....you have to be tactful about your questions...in the other hand if you would really get all this stuff there is nothing left to dream of

I thought I might share a funny production story I heard on the trip...
                            lulz...I think as long as the staff are able to make fun with the boss the work climate is alright

...and thanks for the answers
                            Gallery

Comment

So I am sitting here waiting for class to start and have pretty much nothing better to do, so I am going to give a little bit of an info dump on s4 songs. Of course, the names are probably wrong since I don't have them memorized and they may not be the final title.

Song: "Great Time"
                              Pretty sure this was the one from the Johnny Appleseed episode. It was a fun, bouncey song. The main singers are Steph and the kids, though I remember Robbie having a part, too. It's about how great sportscandy is. I remember some strange instruments used in it.

Song: "Life Will Be Wonderful"
                              Disguised as a gypsy, Robbie is telling the kids their fortunes. I remember Stefan's acting being pretty funny for that one. It definitely has a gypsy feeling to it.

Song: Scottish Song
                              I have no idea what the title of this song is, but it kind of stuck out to me. First of all, because Chloe sounds like she grew up before recording the vocals. She sounds older than the rest of the songs. It also uses bagpipes and the Scotland the Brave tune. It also sounds like it takes elements from this popular Icelandic song. It's another fun and bouncey song, but kind of strange.

Song: "Friends"
                              This is like a little feel good song between the kids about how much having friends matter. Trixie has quite a bit of singing, which isn't something we've seen for awhile. It was a little more mellow, but certainly but seems nice enough.

Song: "Ghost Stoppers"
                              Think Spooky Song v2 with a minor Ghostbusters influence. The chorus was pretty fun though. Stephanie leads with the kids backing. Nothing wrong with this one.

Song: "Explore the Pyramid"
                              It's a fun song with obvious Egyptian influences. It struck me as a little strange because I feel like it's structured more like a season 1 song than a song from any later LazyTown iteration. There's nothing bad about that fact, but I just haven't heard something with that structure in awhile.

Song: "Let's Go To The Moon"
                              I went out of my way to listen to this one lots and lots. Stephanie sings it. It's definitely a LazyPop song. It's about going to the moon, who knew? Best one of the season. Moving on.

Song: Lazy Potion
                              Kind of a different song. It's mainly a Robbie song, but the chorus is dancey and is sang by the kids. For some reason, the song kind of reminded me of South Park. It's about Robbie making some sort of potion that makes everyone move slowly.

Song: "One More Time"
                              Mentioned this one earlier, too. I really liked this one too. It's a Sportacus/Stephanie duet. It's tough to tell exactly what's going on in the song, but it sounds like they're training for something. It's tough to explain how the song sounded, but it was definitely upbeat.

Song: "We Love School"
                              I remember the title of the song, because it reminded me of "I Like Learning." This one had really, really cheesey lyrics like "1 time 2 is 2. 2 times 2 is 4. 4 times 4 is 16." But at the end of the day, it was a really fun song that obviously had some influences of The Jackson 5's ABC.

Song: Pet Song
                              Hmm this one is interesting. It's about Stephanie explaining the benefits of having pets. It was definitely LazyPop, but wasn't terribly dancey (not that's necessarily a bad thing). It was a really nice song, and I think lots of people will like it.

Song: "We Are Number One"
                              This is the song where Robbie and his cronies are singing. Robbie is teaching them how to be a villain. The song is extremely ska. It really kind of shocked me, because we're not really used to hearing that stuff coming from LazyTown.

Song: Princess Song
                              Robbie, likely disguised as something, is explaining to Stephanie how to be a princess. Verse is Robbie, chorus is Steph. This song is a disco song; the 70s wrapped up into a LazyTown song.

I can't think of any others. I think that's it.

Comment

Working...
                              X