Magnus Scheving officially retires from Sportacus Role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus Scheving officially retires from Sportacus Role

Got this from this page.... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stefa...37731406323033

-- Magnus Scheving said, officially, in the Icelandic media this morning that he's no longer going to play Sportacus. He dressed in the Sportacus costume for the last time two days ago.
    They are now looking for a new actor to fill his place.

http://www.ruv.is/sunnudagsmorgunn

The video is obviously in Icelandic. Magnus comes on at 59:00 minutes in.
    Or you can just click the video shortcut below the main video.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1544977_255807324595158_23716356_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.6 KB ID:	152856

Re: Magnus Scheving officially retires from Sportacus Role

It's about time, this man is growing old!

No seriously. Too bad he's no longer sportacus, for me and lot's of people the one and only. Since we knew for a while that he's leaving the show I think I should be able to handle the fact there's gonna be another one. I hope he sticks around for a while when they make new episodes, and we will see what kind of projects he's going to make now.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      It's about time, this man is growing old!
      Yeah it can't be as easy doing everything he once did including setting up time to do his on screen bits.
      He probably needs twice as many sportscandies for that :)

I think one of the biggest issues is he knows it's just not the same without Julianna and the chemistry that existed with the entire show.

The next nail in the coffin is going to be Stefan Karl leaving for good
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
        Yep, I can't imagine the show surviving well after that at all!

Comment

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
          Yep, I can't imagine the show surviving well after that at all!
          if Stefan would follow Maggi quitting the show, it will sink in completely averageness and not worth to watch anymore I'm afraid :( (except for Mani's music of course...in case he will stay)
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
            (except for Mani's music of course...in case he will stay)
            Even he's struggling I have to say. Except for 3 out of the 11 original songs from season three nothing come close to what he did in Season 1 and part of 2.

Comment

Even he's struggling I have to say. Except for 3 out of the 11 original songs from season three nothing come close to what he did in Season 1 and part of 2.
              I have a suspicion that some of that was dictated by the network. I wouldn't put it past them to interfere with his creativity.
              Stupid network execs come up with ridiculous demands like "make it more bubbly" or "make it more like Miley" etc.

Comment

You may be right with that

Comment

He dressed in the Sportacus costume for the last time two days ago.
                  So they finished the LazyTown movie already? In the short video there is a newspaper view with an article which looks like is about the movie, or about LazyTown in the theatre (LazyTown, Kino) but I see another Sportacus.. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4GRabwwhK8
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

the replacement looks a bit overwight ...finally Magnus got the haircut he should have to wear since season 1...makes him look 10 years younger
                    Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                      ..about LazyTown in the theatre (LazyTown, Kino) but I see another Sportacus.. :?
                      That was a bad translation of me. A part of the article says: six person team of Lazytown for China
                      so it's not about the movie. It's about the trip to China

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                      the replacement looks a bit overweight ..
                      Too much chinese food?

Comment

It's a shame. For me, LazyTown ended with its second season, the third one wasn't really the same show I used to love and I don't think I'll watch the fourth one. Still, I'll support Magnús in everything he does and I'm grateful to him for creating such an amazing project like LazyTown, that marked a time in my life and helped me become a better person :)

Comment

I´ll be staying strong until Turner fires them all and shuts down the operation. Lazy4Life.

Comment

http://valenti29.wordpress.com/2014/...-to-sportacus/

Comment

"The other Sportacii that will take on the role will be amazing and entertaining, no doubt"...I doubt it :?

this one was new to me

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	147802
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X