Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazytown live for the usa! A proper one! 2009

http://www.lazytown.biz/News.aspx?ID=79

"NEW YORK, June 22, 2009 - LazyTown Entertainment, the brand that has created a worldwide sensation with its top-rated TV series motivating kids to be healthy and active, has teamed with V-me - America's 4th-largest Hispanic TV network - along with Tycoon Entertainment Group, and Global Entertainment Group to bring the smash hit live show LazyTown ™ Live! to families across the USA.

LazyTown Live!, the first-ever live family entertainment show to tour the US exclusively in Spanish, is scheduled to launch in the first quarter of 2010 and will visit markets across the country, supported by the V-me national broadcast network and local affiliates.

In its first season in Mexico in 2008, LazyTown Live! set box office records, with 46 sold-out performances at the nation's 2nd largest theater venue (Teatro Metropolitan, Mexico City). With similar success in Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Panama, LazyTown Live! is the most successful family theater production ever in Spanish-speaking Latin America, with over 500 shows seen by more than 600,000 engaged fans, who dance and sing along with the high-energy LazyTown music. The show, based on the hit LazyTown TV series seen in over 120 countries, has also played to sold-out audiences in the UK and Australia.

"LazyTown’s mission is to inspire kids and families to make healthier lifestyle choices. To bring this incredibly successful and important live show to families in the US, LazyTown needed a strong national Hispanic media partner and world-class integrated theatrical tour producers,” said Magnus Scheving, founder LazyTown Entertainment. “That’s what we have with V-me, Tycoon Entertainment and Global Entertainment Group , who all share the mission and values of LazyTown.”

LazyTown Live! captivates audiences with special effects, colorful wardrobe and set changes, music and dance, and opportunities to interact with characters -- all designed to motivate healthy, active lifestyle choices for the whole family. And after each performance, families have a chance to meet Sportacus, Stephanie and the entire LazyTown team.

V-me broadcasts LazyTown M-F at 7:30A and 11:30A, Saturdays at 9:30A and 11:30A, and Sundays at 4P. (All times Eastern.) For local channel information, visit http://www.VmeTV.com.

Re: LAZYTOWN LIVE FOR THE USA! A PROPER ONE!

This might be the impulse LT needs in the USA...too bad they want to focus only on the hispanic minority over there, but that's a nother topic that has nothing to do with LT, so I'll just shut up about it :)

Comment

Will it have the original actors I wonder

not that it really matters cause I don't live in the USA but it's still cool to see Lazytown isn't completely dead over there

Comment

Telemundo, Univision, what's third? The fourth largest Spanish station is V-me, which is broadcast in the USA on a secondary digital channel of PBS.

According to their website, they are going to air a mini-marathon on the 4th of July.

Then the final eight episodes will be aired the following Saturdays at 9:30 AM EDT starting on July 11th with "Energy Book dubbed into Spanish" (hopefully), then
        7/18 - "Sorpresa De Cumpleaños" (Birthday Surprise)
        7/25 - "Lazytown Se Vuelve Digital" (LazyTown Goes Digital)
        8/ 1 - "Los Cohetes De Lazy Town" (The Lazy Rockets)
        8/ 8 - "El Genio" (The Lazy Genie)
        8/15 - "Sueños De Baile" (Dancing Dreams)
        8/22 - "Sportacus Salva A Los Juguetes" (Sportacus Saves The Toys)
        8/29 - "Había Una Vez..." (Once Upon A Time)

Enjoy!

Comment

it's going to tour the USA in Spanish?

wow racist lol :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by flashangstrom
            Telemundo, Univision, what's third? The fourth largest Spanish station is V-me, which is broadcast in the USA on a secondary digital channel of PBS.

According to their website, they are going to air a mini-marathon on the 4th of July.

Then the final eight episodes will be aired the following Saturdays at 9:30 AM EDT starting on July 11th with "Energy Book dubbed into Spanish" (hopefully), then
            7/18 - "Sorpresa De Cumpleaños" (Birthday Surprise)
            7/25 - "Lazytown Se Vuelve Digital" (LazyTown Goes Digital)
            8/ 1 - "Los Cohetes De Lazy Town" (The Lazy Rockets)
            8/ 8 - "El Genio" (The Lazy Genie)
            8/15 - "Sueños De Baile" (Dancing Dreams)
            8/22 - "Sportacus Salva A Los Juguetes" (Sportacus Saves The Toys)
            8/29 - "Había Una Vez..." (Once Upon A Time)

Enjoy!
            Thanks for the episode listing and the link. For some reason, I could not find it like I did before. Getting these episodes and uploading them will be one of the last LazyTown related things I plan on doing. :)

Comment

I was worried these wouldn't be shown on V-me since their "Todos" tab was removed (and "Energy Book" didn't air last Saturday), but "Sorpresa De Cumpleaños" is showing up on the "Capítulos de LazyTown | Próximos" page now.

Also, we just switched to AT&T U-verse TV and it's showing "Cumpleaños Sorpresa" for 07/18/2009 9:30 AM EDT on their Guide as well.

Comment

so.. any reason why they chose Spanish?

Do a lot of people in the USA speak it or something? =/

Comment

Originally posted by Deep4t
                  so.. any reason why they chose Spanish?

Do a lot of people in the USA speak it or something? =/
                  IMMIGRATION lol :hitler:
                  But seriously, maybe LT is more popular with the hispanic minority than it is with the "WASP" and the african-american, asian, indian etc comunities.
                  I'll leave you with a classic, you understand what you will from it...
                  [youtube]aqQv3qef21A[/youtube]

Comment

Why would you tour the U.S. in Spanish? That's silly. You could only get a reasonably sized audience in California, Texas, and a couple other southwest states like New Mexico and Arizona.

Comment

With all respect Xizer, you're wrong, it's not silly. I think you must update your info about minorities in USA.

First of all, from 2003 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-minority.html and http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n14814037/) and more recently confirmed (http://www.alliancetrends.org/demogr...tion.cfm?id=40) is clear that the Hispanics (or Latinos) is the biggest minority in USA (it's about 44M people!!).

Second of all, most of those people are living in other many places in USA and not only the classical places mentioned by you.

So, when you consider these facts, it makes sense that LazyTown "takes" USA. LTE Management is not fool: they are moving in a secure economic direction, specially in these days when every dollar counts, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by hlazytownero
                        With all respect Xizer, you're wrong, it's not silly. I think you must update your info about minorities in USA.

First of all, from 2003 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-minority.html and http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n14814037/) and more recently confirmed (http://www.alliancetrends.org/demogr...tion.cfm?id=40) is clear that the Hispanics (or Latinos) is the biggest minority in USA (it's about 44M people!!).

Second of all, most of those people are living in other many places in USA and not only the classical places mentioned by you.

So, when you consider these facts, it makes sense that LazyTown "takes" USA. LTE Management is not fool: they are moving in a secure economic direction, specially in these days when every dollar counts, don't you think?
                        It's great to see you have facts to support your views :)
                        I'm not even gonna try to argue with you on this for MANY MANY MANY reasons...
                        I'll just say this: the official language in the USA has always been english...

Comment

Originally posted by hlazytownero

No. It is still a very unwise decision to do it exclusivley in Spanish. Let's just say that every single hispanic living in America actually speaks spanish. The number of hispanics that can speak spanish is clsoer to about half but let's just say for the sake of arguement that all 44 million do. There is still a whomping 260 million people (Jul. 2008 Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division) that are unable to enjoy this show. That means that their show can AT MAXIMUM can appeal to less than 1/6 of the total population (still assuming that all hispanics living in America speak Spanish). By making an English show, their maximum appeal is increased by over 6 times. How is making it a minority language a good decision again?

And in all fairness, Xizer's points about hispanics being mostly located in the south and west United States isn't far from the truth at all.

Edited for bad grammar lol

Comment

They might add excitement by making Robbie an INS agent. :)

Comment

Dear Stingy:

Who's saying to exclude the other not-Hispanic people?

First of all, YES, LazyTown was/is presented in its official language, ENGLISH, since 2004 or 2005 in many places, including USA. The idea is not broadcasting ONLY NOW for Hispanic people in USA.

Second of all, YES, it's a wise decision because LTE is trying to reach to Hispanic public in USA AFTER four years in which not-Hispanic public have had the opportunity to enjoy in English the whole series (in TV shows and in direct live performances). When this last respond is getting down, YES, it is the right time to test other publics.

Third of all, YES, many, many of those 44M people are bilingual: they speak Spanish as well as English (as is usual with other kind of ethnic minorities, as Italians, Chineses, and so on). Due to this fact, they are not limited to live in the same places than their parents did. They are taking or living in many places in USA because they need/want find different experiences/jobs (like everybody else) and because they need/want secure places for their families (again, like everybody does it all the time). To all these people results nice to watch shows in their parents' native language to teach it to their own children. What is the problem about it, anyway?

So, let's give a try to LazyTown in USA for Hispanic public (specially the kids). It is not a bad/silly idea (LTE is trying to reach everybody in States).

Comment

Working...
                              X