LAZY MEMBER
    Level 24 - The Blue Elf
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time
    16:45

Lazytown live for the usa! A proper one! 2009

http://www.lazytown.biz/News.aspx?ID=79

"NEW YORK, June 22, 2009 - LazyTown Entertainment, the brand that has created a worldwide sensation with its top-rated TV series motivating kids to be healthy and active, has teamed with V-me - America's 4th-largest Hispanic TV network - along with Tycoon Entertainment Group, and Global Entertainment Group to bring the smash hit live show LazyTown ™ Live! to families across the USA.

LazyTown Live!, the first-ever live family entertainment show to tour the US exclusively in Spanish, is scheduled to launch in the first quarter of 2010 and will visit markets across the country, supported by the V-me national broadcast network and local affiliates.

In its first season in Mexico in 2008, LazyTown Live! set box office records, with 46 sold-out performances at the nation's 2nd largest theater venue (Teatro Metropolitan, Mexico City). With similar success in Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Panama, LazyTown Live! is the most successful family theater production ever in Spanish-speaking Latin America, with over 500 shows seen by more than 600,000 engaged fans, who dance and sing along with the high-energy LazyTown music. The show, based on the hit LazyTown TV series seen in over 120 countries, has also played to sold-out audiences in the UK and Australia.

"LazyTown’s mission is to inspire kids and families to make healthier lifestyle choices. To bring this incredibly successful and important live show to families in the US, LazyTown needed a strong national Hispanic media partner and world-class integrated theatrical tour producers,” said Magnus Scheving, founder LazyTown Entertainment. “That’s what we have with V-me, Tycoon Entertainment and Global Entertainment Group , who all share the mission and values of LazyTown.”

LazyTown Live! captivates audiences with special effects, colorful wardrobe and set changes, music and dance, and opportunities to interact with characters -- all designed to motivate healthy, active lifestyle choices for the whole family. And after each performance, families have a chance to meet Sportacus, Stephanie and the entire LazyTown team.

V-me broadcasts LazyTown M-F at 7:30A and 11:30A, Saturdays at 9:30A and 11:30A, and Sundays at 4P. (All times Eastern.) For local channel information, visit http://www.VmeTV.com.
    Grammar Elf Alert!

Moralist LAZY MEMBER
    Level 29 - Villain Number One
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Re: LAZYTOWN LIVE FOR THE USA! A PROPER ONE!

This might be the impulse LT needs in the USA...too bad they want to focus only on the hispanic minority over there, but that's a nother topic that has nothing to do with LT, so I'll just shut up about it

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Will it have the original actors I wonder

not that it really matters cause I don't live in the USA but it's still cool to see Lazytown isn't completely dead over there

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time
    12:45

Telemundo, Univision, what's third? The fourth largest Spanish station is V-me, which is broadcast in the USA on a secondary digital channel of PBS.

According to their website, they are going to air a mini-marathon on the 4th of July.

Then the final eight episodes will be aired the following Saturdays at 9:30 AM EDT starting on July 11th with "Energy Book dubbed into Spanish" (hopefully), then
    7/18 - "Sorpresa De Cumpleaños" (Birthday Surprise)
    7/25 - "Lazytown Se Vuelve Digital" (LazyTown Goes Digital)
    8/ 1 - "Los Cohetes De Lazy Town" (The Lazy Rockets)
    8/ 8 - "El Genio" (The Lazy Genie)
    8/15 - "Sueños De Baile" (Dancing Dreams)
    8/22 - "Sportacus Salva A Los Juguetes" (Sportacus Saves The Toys)
    8/29 - "Había Una Vez..." (Once Upon A Time)

Enjoy!

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 14 - Sportscandy
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

it's going to tour the USA in Spanish?

wow racist lol

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Level 28 - Friend For Life
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flashangstrom
    Telemundo, Univision, what's third? The fourth largest Spanish station is V-me, which is broadcast in the USA on a secondary digital channel of PBS.

According to their website, they are going to air a mini-marathon on the 4th of July.

Then the final eight episodes will be aired the following Saturdays at 9:30 AM EDT starting on July 11th with "Energy Book dubbed into Spanish" (hopefully), then
    7/18 - "Sorpresa De Cumpleaños" (Birthday Surprise)
    7/25 - "Lazytown Se Vuelve Digital" (LazyTown Goes Digital)
    8/ 1 - "Los Cohetes De Lazy Town" (The Lazy Rockets)
    8/ 8 - "El Genio" (The Lazy Genie)
    8/15 - "Sueños De Baile" (Dancing Dreams)
    8/22 - "Sportacus Salva A Los Juguetes" (Sportacus Saves The Toys)
    8/29 - "Había Una Vez..." (Once Upon A Time)

Enjoy!
    Thanks for the episode listing and the link. For some reason, I could not find it like I did before. Getting these episodes and uploading them will be one of the last LazyTown related things I plan on doing.

*Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time
    12:45

I was worried these wouldn't be shown on V-me since their "Todos" tab was removed (and "Energy Book" didn't air last Saturday), but "Sorpresa De Cumpleaños" is showing up on the "Capítulos de LazyTown | Próximos" page now.

Also, we just switched to AT&T U-verse TV and it's showing "Cumpleaños Sorpresa" for 07/18/2009 9:30 AM EDT on their Guide as well.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

so.. any reason why they chose Spanish?

Do a lot of people in the USA speak it or something? =/

Moralist LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Deep4t
    so.. any reason why they chose Spanish?

Do a lot of people in the USA speak it or something? =/
    IMMIGRATION lol
    But seriously, maybe LT is more popular with the hispanic minority than it is with the "WASP" and the african-american, asian, indian etc comunities.
    I'll leave you with a classic, you understand what you will from it...
    [youtube]aqQv3qef21A[/youtube]

Owner of GetLazy ADMINISTRATOR
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Why would you tour the U.S. in Spanish? That's silly. You could only get a reasonably sized audience in California, Texas, and a couple other southwest states like New Mexico and Arizona.

P&F Obsessed SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 20 - Master of Posting
    7500km away from Iceland, meeting world, close of Danville
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time
    12:15

With all respect Xizer, you're wrong, it's not silly. I think you must update your info about minorities in USA.

First of all, from 2003 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-minority.html and http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n14814037/) and more recently confirmed (http://www.alliancetrends.org/demogr...tion.cfm?id=40) is clear that the Hispanics (or Latinos) is the biggest minority in USA (it's about 44M people!!).

Second of all, most of those people are living in other many places in USA and not only the classical places mentioned by you.

So, when you consider these facts, it makes sense that LazyTown "takes" USA. LTE Management is not fool: they are moving in a secure economic direction, specially in these days when every dollar counts, don't you think?

Moralist LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by hlazytownero
    With all respect Xizer, you're wrong, it's not silly. I think you must update your info about minorities in USA.

First of all, from 2003 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-minority.html and http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n14814037/) and more recently confirmed (http://www.alliancetrends.org/demogr...tion.cfm?id=40) is clear that the Hispanics (or Latinos) is the biggest minority in USA (it's about 44M people!!).

Second of all, most of those people are living in other many places in USA and not only the classical places mentioned by you.

So, when you consider these facts, it makes sense that LazyTown "takes" USA. LTE Management is not fool: they are moving in a secure economic direction, specially in these days when every dollar counts, don't you think?
    It's great to see you have facts to support your views
    I'm not even gonna try to argue with you on this for MANY MANY MANY reasons...
    I'll just say this: the official language in the USA has always been english...

The Prince LAZY MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time
    10:45

No. It is still a very unwise decision to do it exclusivley in Spanish. Let's just say that every single hispanic living in America actually speaks spanish. The number of hispanics that can speak spanish is clsoer to about half but let's just say for the sake of arguement that all 44 million do. There is still a whomping 260 million people (Jul. 2008 Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division) that are unable to enjoy this show. That means that their show can AT MAXIMUM can appeal to less than 1/6 of the total population (still assuming that all hispanics living in America speak Spanish). By making an English show, their maximum appeal is increased by over 6 times. How is making it a minority language a good decision again?

And in all fairness, Xizer's points about hispanics being mostly located in the south and west United States isn't far from the truth at all.

Edited for bad grammar lol
    Like Toy Soliders

Master of Shoops LAZY MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time
    19:45

They might add excitement by making Robbie an INS agent. :)
    Ceterum censeo puellam roseam fraudulentam esse exstirpandam

Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Dear Stingy:

Who's saying to exclude the other not-Hispanic people?

First of all, YES, LazyTown was/is presented in its official language, ENGLISH, since 2004 or 2005 in many places, including USA. The idea is not broadcasting ONLY NOW for Hispanic people in USA.

Second of all, YES, it's a wise decision because LTE is trying to reach to Hispanic public in USA AFTER four years in which not-Hispanic public have had the opportunity to enjoy in English the whole series (in TV shows and in direct live performances). When this last respond is getting down, YES, it is the right time to test other publics.

Third of all, YES, many, many of those 44M people are bilingual: they speak Spanish as well as English (as is usual with other kind of ethnic minorities, as Italians, Chineses, and so on). Due to this fact, they are not limited to live in the same places than their parents did. They are taking or living in many places in USA because they need/want find different experiences/jobs (like everybody else) and because they need/want secure places for their families (again, like everybody does it all the time). To all these people results nice to watch shows in their parents' native language to teach it to their own children. What is the problem about it, anyway?

So, let's give a try to LazyTown in USA for Hispanic public (specially the kids). It is not a bad/silly idea (LTE is trying to reach everybody in States).

The Prince LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Who's saying to exclude the other not-Hispanic people?
    It's in Spanish. Only Spanish speaking people are going to go see it lol...
    it's a wise decision because LTE is trying to reach to Hispanic public in USA AFTER four years in which not-Hispanic public have had the opportunity to enjoy in English the whole series
    Indeed it is good that they are expending their fanbase, but there are several Spanish television channels that they could have broadcasted LazyTown from. A live show is going to (1) make way less money and (2) won't reach anywhere near the viewers that a TV show would.
    many, many of those 44M people are bilingual: they speak Spanish as well as English (as is usual with other kind of ethnic minorities, as Italians, Chineses, and so on)
    I don't know where you live, but that isn't the case at all. Sure alot of people in the United States are bilingual, you're right. But really, no more than half of hispanice nowadays are. Not to mention that this is a childrens show that we are talking about here and minority languages dissipate with each generation. Children are actually the worst demographic to make something that is presented in a minority language for.
    What is the problem about it, anyway?
    The problem is that this isn't a very good idea lol
    It is not a bad/silly idea (LTE is trying to reach everybody in States
    Well let's just say this. You take a test and you get a 14% on it. I would call that a fail. That's the maximum percent of the United States that this show can appeal to. Making it English would boost its maximum potential to about 90%. That is what I would call a pass. See my point?
    Like Toy Soliders

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panther
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

-

Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Again: you're missing my point. LTE is NOT abandoning the English speech audiences: that would a STUPID decision. I'm talking about trying to reach to all the people they can with LazyTown TV show and/or live performances (in any language). That's all.

My point is the American networks have had for more than four years all kind of resources to present and develop the show for the American audience, in ENGLISH. After that time, I wonder, is LazyTown more successful now than before for it? No, in fact, the show is dying (or it's already gone) in many places in USA. Part of this behavior is due to LTE and part is due to the big American broadcasting companies. However, I believe today LTE is trying to reverse this situation:

- All Magnús Scheving activities last year (and this one) visiting USA, México, Argentina, Chile, UK, Germany and Australia, trying to get new markets and opportunities for all LazyTown products.
    - All the new approaches to Spain public, keeping a special treatment with British audiences.
    - Opening the Digital LazyTown Store in order to offer an excellent products to really low prices.
    - A better LazyTown official web page: more dynamics and thought for all the audience around the world, and so on.

So (I insist) is the right time to make a strategic move: try to reach new audiences, keeping the old ones (if it's possible). And if Hispanic audience is the first step in that direction, I totally agree with it. That would be a wise decision in order to recover its role among the best TV shows for kids. Obviously, you're right about the TV networks in Spanish in USA: it's a weak point in this matter and will require more attention and work from MS (and his publicists).

Anyway, many of you could think it's a really small step, meaningless (if you want), but... hey! One step at a time is the best way to start a long road.

The Prince LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Again: you're missing my point. LTE is NOT abandoning the English speech audiences: that would a STUPID decision.
    I know. But if they want to make a Spanish show, make it in a country where people actually speak the language lol! It's like selling a hamburger at a Chinese food place.
    Like Toy Soliders

Owner of GetLazy ADMINISTRATOR
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

First of all, there may be 44 million Hispanics in the United States, but only 34 million people in the United States speak Spanish. Obviously, just because you're Mexican doesn't mean you know how to speak the language. Unlike your article, my information is from the United States Census Bureau, not some random newspaper in Britain. How would The Telegraph know about the United States's demographics anyway?

As you can see by this table, there are only 7 states where more than 15% of the population speaks Spanish. In 40/50 of the United States, less than 10% of the population can speak Spanish.

Most Hispanics in the United States can also speak English. The minority who can only speak Spanish are... you guessed it, illegal immigrants who probably don't have the money, especially in this economy, to go to such an event.

It's like doing a tour in Mainland China in Cantonese, or doing a tour in Canada in French. An unwise business decision. It makes even less sense when you consider LazyTown is designed and produced in English as its main language. It's just such a wacky business move, just like the decision to make LazyTown available in high definition exclusively on the HD VMD format. I don't know anyone who actually bought one of those things.

Moralist LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer

First of all, there may be 44 million Hispanics in the United States, but only 34 million people in the United States speak Spanish. Obviously, just because you're Mexican doesn't mean you know how to speak the language. Unlike your article, my information is from the United States Census Bureau, not some random newspaper in Britain. How would The Telegraph know about the United States's demographics anyway?

As you can see by this table, there are only 7 states where more than 15% of the population speaks Spanish. In 40/50 of the United States, less than 10% of the population can speak Spanish.

Most Hispanics in the United States can also speak English. The minority who can only speak Spanish are... you guessed it, illegal immigrants who probably don't have the money, especially in this economy, to go to such an event.

It's like doing a tour in Mainland China in Cantonese, or doing a tour in Canada in French. An unwise business decision. It makes even less sense when you consider LazyTown is designed and produced in English as its main language. It's just such a wacky business move, just like the decision to make LazyTown available in high definition exclusively on the HD VMD format. I don't know anyone who actually bought one of those things.
    Finnaly, someone spoke out about immigration on this forum...If I would have said anything...
    How would mexicans feel if LTE toured the Mexican Republic in...mayan for example?
    There is a minority of indians there who still speek this language, but how many, and which is by far the most spoken language there, and the official language of state?

Master of Shoops LAZY MEMBER
    Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time
    19:45

There should be more awareness of the problems those darn illegal Mayan immigrants cause in Mexico.
    I'd like to hear "You are a Pirate" in Anasazi (or at least Navajo).
    Ceterum censeo puellam roseam fraudulentam esse exstirpandam

Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Ok, Xizer, you have a point in your research (well done, btw).

Nevertheless, the reality of the facts is there are about 34M Hispanic people in USA, without including the illegal immigrants (10 or 12M). Less than 10% of entire USA population. Ok, understood. Even so, 34M people represents a big economic market: they have professional and regular jobs, they can buy things, they have children who watch TV (English or Spanish, in a percentage than none census can tell), and therefore is not absurd (at all) the idea to try reaching them. I don’t think this situation is comparable to the other commercial situation you’ve mentioned: neither in its reach nor the commercial studies that led to LTE to take such decision. Of course, they can be totally wrong (but I doubt it).

Anyway, is just a try. What’s the problem with it? If it fails, LazyTown will continue fading away from American audiences (as it has been happening since two years ago). If it works and is successful, LazyTown will recover part of its glory and popularity: everybody (fans and LTE) will be happy. In both situations, nobody is saying or suggesting that LazyTown won’t keep as main objective the English-speaking audiences in USA and around the world. In the other hand, dear Xizer, if a show was produced and thought for English-speaking audiences doesn’t mean necessarily that is limited to these audiences. What can we say about other shows made for American people or English-speaking audiences but where they got such success in international audiences (I mean, in many languages)? Let’s say (for instance) “The Simpsons”, “The Muppets” (for adult people), “Barney”, “Backyardigans” (for kids), and others more.

In the other hand, I do not support illegal immigration. However, I can understand why it occurs, without justify it. Nevertheless, no matter what we think about it, it’s a reality in USA. Then, if they are about 10 or 12M people, with very reduced economic resources (I agree), even so, they can watch TV and buy cheap things (and LazyTown have a full branch of products reachable for most of those people). This fact is well known by the main economic networks and broadcasting networks (as well the publicists). So, if I were they I won’t be hurried to leave this “captive market”. In this sense, not only LTE but other companies and franchises must be interested in this very small market too (specially in the world present economic situation). But, again, is just my opinion.

BTW, I have no problem, at all (and I really mean it), with any language or dialect selected to broadcast or present live shows of LazyTown if the main goal of the show is respected (as Magnús Scheving conceived it): a healthy show for kids that even the parents (and adult people too) can enjoy with them.

Finally, I'd like to say my purpose was only to share my opinion about the present issue. Is not my idea to confront or fight with other people. If I gave a wrong impression, I apologize for it.

Moralist LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lazycus
    There should be more awareness of the problems those darn illegal Mayan immigrants cause in Mexico.
    But mayan indians are native to Mexico, not immigrants...but whatever

The Prince LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    14th October 2019
    Local Time

Alright I got a little bit of an answer.
    Basically, LazyTown Entertainment has no part in this. It is all Tycoon's idea (LazyTown's parter in Mexico) and they are just taking the Mexican show and moving up a country. I still think that it is a terrible idea, but I'm glad to see that it isn't LazyTown Entertainment's terrible idea. And I'm glad to hear that Tycoon is taking full responsibility for this. Now I know that I won't be missing anything good when I don't go.
    Like Toy Soliders