Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between the German music and the Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between the German music and the Original?

OK, so I downloaded and am listening to the German LazyTown CDs (just the Karaoke versions - not the language singing), and it's awesome!
    But it sounds slightly different to me in certain places?
    Is it just me or are there subtle differences as if this music was mixed seperately to the originals that I am already used to?

Re: Difference between the German music and the Original?

A few of the songs were extended because the German's wanted each song to be at least 2 minutes long. I feel like they have more bass to them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
      A few of the songs were extended because the German's wanted each song to be at least 2 minutes long. I feel like they have more bass to them as well.
      What I noticed is slightly different synthesizer sounds, as if somebody else had taken the music that Mani composed and played it on their own equipment.
      Still sounds very well done, but definitely different.
      Anyway, just a curiosity. Maybe somebody who has access to the CD covers can compare the actual credits and see if they are different.

Comment

From the season 1 German CD

Originally posted by Credits
        Composed, Produced, Keyboards & Programming by Mani Svavarsson. Recorded in LazyTown Studios, Iceland 2004 and 2005.
        All other credits are lyrical credits.

Comment

From the season 1 German CD
          All other credits are lyrical credits.
          Hmm, that doesn't help much. Thanks for looking. I'll have to do some more experiments!

Comment

They did similar stuff to animes, first time I watched Digimon on RTL, the music sounded different, you can't say they are not editing or rewriting the songs. Probably they did but giving all credit to Mani.

Comment

I suppose it is possible that Mani himself also re-recorded the music for technical reasons.

Comment

Did someone here understand the lyrics in german, because you are talking about the sound only.

Comment

I can understand them a bit and buzz definitely can understand them, the thing is I've never listened to German soudtracks...

Comment

only now i realized that german voice of stephanie sounds bad. i just don't like her voice. anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by narutrix33 View Post
                      only now i realized that german voice of stephanie sounds bad. i just don't like her voice. anybody else?
                      same here...she's a miscast...she should stick with Spongebob (Sandy Cheeks)...I have no idea why they didn't hire a kid or teenager for this job...

the lyrics are the same like the english ones btw...but translated to german
                      Gallery

Comment

I always thought that German Steph was pretty good. Nothing beats Icelandic, but I have no issues.

Comment

whatever, everything is better than a romanian lazytown dub when they singing
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQAWy7x7kk

Comment

I always thought that German Steph was pretty good
                            Idk how did you come to this conclusion...cuz the reality tells otherwise...

Originally posted by narutrix33 View Post
                            whatever, everything is better than a romanian lazytown dub when they singing

true dat
                            Gallery

Comment

I always thought that German Steph was pretty good.
                              Old Turkish voice was the best. Listen to spooky song and you'll see. Turkish dub is probably the best or second best (not counting Icelandic as dub)

Comment

Working...
                              X