Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazyshoops - Stephanie in CyberTown

Re: LazyPics

World needs more Hi-Res Stephanie, errr, ...LazyTown.

Originally posted by Lazycus

Is that a cyberman in the background?

Nice work btw
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

blame the lazy britons...
      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
        Is that a cyberman in the background?
        Uh, yes, it's still the old CyberTown scenario. It's difficult to find useable source material for this.

I like the person of the year concept. There have been terrible times with only Stephanie to make me smile now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
          thanks Sarah
          blame the lazy Britons
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
            thanks Sarah
            blame the lazy Britons
            no offence Al...where is your sense of humor...It was just my kind to say that you british guys have it not managed yet to record and upload one single LT ep in HD from the BBC...afaik
            Gallery

Comment

To clarify, BBC HD refers to shows aired on BBC 1. LazyTown airs on BBC2 and LazyTown Extra airs on Cbeebies (Briefly aired on BBC 2).

I find Wit amusing, try it sometime.
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                To clarify, BBC HD refers to shows aired on BBC 1. LazyTown is aired on BBC2, LazyTown Extra is aired on Cbeebies.
                LazyTown Extra used to be on BBC HD, or BBC 1. :) For the curious, check out the following link: ....5/episodes

Click on "2010", only CBeebies is listed. Now check out "2009", you can see some BBC HD listings. In "2008", there are more BBC HD listings. Supposedly, a group was going to get the HD recordings for LazyTown Extra, but they only got a few episodes and ended up quitting fairly soon. It's possible to find a few encodes available in the forums here.

I have a little USB TV Tuner that probably would have been able to capture the episodes, but I don't live in the UK so there was no chance of me getting the episodes in HD. A real shame too, those HD broadcasts are incredibly rare.

Comment

All I know is that all these different channels give me a headache :)
                  http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    I have a little USB TV Tuner that probably would have been able to capture the episodes...(in HD)
                    I doubt that as long as your TV tuner is supposed to receive DVB-T (ATSC/DTT) streams...
                    DVB-T contains mpeg2 streams and is actually not compatible to HD (afaik)...at least in this place of the world
                    Gallery

Comment

World needs more Hi-Res Stephanie

Gallery

Comment

I doubt that as long as your TV tuner is supposed to receive DVB-T (ATSC/DTT) streams...
                        DVB-T contains mpeg2 streams and is actually not compatible to HD (afaik)...at least in this place of the world
                        You are mostly correct. The US uses MPEG-2/AC3 for it's HD footage, both 720p and 1080i. Most places outside of the USA use h264, and the audio could be AC3 or AAC. Both codecs can be used for HD television, and both video codecs can go inside of a Transport Stream (TS) container. Which I hear most broadcasts have.

I checked some information about my tuner again, and I'm getting some conflicting information. They don't clearly state what it can do. I recall the setup implying it can do DVB-T, I had to look that one up to find out what that acronym meant. Definition here: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T . So it is for OTA stuff, which is what my tuner can do. That same site also lists my USB Tuner as accepting DVB-T. Technically, it should work since it's just dumping the digital data it receives from the antenna. However, there are other DVB types along with a DVB-T2 that probably won't work with my USB tuner.

Comment

Working...
                        X