Broadcasting LazyTown 3rd season episodes in HD on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcasting LazyTown 3rd season episodes in HD on NBC

I believe next month NBC is gonna broadcast the new episodes in HD1080i so if someone can save them in that quality.. That would be great

Click image for larger version

Name:	chloe_thumbsUP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	152783
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Broadcasting 3rd season episodes in HD

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
    I believe next month NBC is gonna broadcast the new episodes in HD1080i so if someone can save them in that quality.. That would be great

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2728[/ATTACH]

You can save in HD1080i from Sprout Channel?

Comment

Sprout uses the MPEG2 codec which is inferior to NBC's H.264 codec. But from what I understand Xizer can do even better than this and get the direct satellite feed before it reaches your TV. Might as well ask the exalted one since this is his one area of expertise.

Comment

I hope he's still able to do that. We will wait patiently. :sweet
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

1080i recordings from Sprout HD have been available for months of S03E01, E03, E04, E06, E07, E09, E10, E11 & E13. They are on Usenet.

I haven't watched them yet. I'm waiting for the NBC airings.

Originally posted by SportaKandy View Post
          Sprout uses the MPEG2 codec which is inferior to NBC's H.264 codec. But from what I understand Xizer can do even better than this and get the direct satellite feed before it reaches your TV. Might as well ask the exalted one since this is his one area of expertise.
          Shhh... those H.264 NBC caps are from the NBC national network feed. NBC is actually MPEG-2 to the end user just like every other American channel. The NBC affiliates take the high bitrate H.264 national network feed, insert their own local commercials, plaster their affiliate spam over the picture, and re-encode it to MPEG-2 before sending it on to you.

You don't think NBC is really broadcasting H.264 video @ 25 Mbps to the end user anywhere do you?

To the end user receiving NBC via cable or antenna they are receiving a feed identical in quality to Sprout HD, actually... NBC affiliates broadcast at 12-15 Mbps MPEG-2, just like Sprout HD. ;)

The H.264 NBC recordings are from bypassing the affiliates and thus skipping their quality degradation entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer View Post
            1080i recordings from Sprout HD have been available for months of S03E01, E03, E04, E06, E07, E09, E10, E11 & E13. They are on Usenet...
            That's great. I forgot to check usenet first.

Comment

Working...
            X