Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Valenti interview reddit

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
    Yes guys, that's me and Stefan this past December -- I'm doing an AMA on Reddit. Come join the chat.

Re: Thread For Pics Of Stefan (not as Robbie)

Originally posted by artfuldodger
    Yes guys, that's me and Stefan this past December -- I'm doing an AMA* on Reddit. Come join the chat.
    Great! As far as I can see, this is the link to it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ost_expensive/

*AMA stands for 'Ask Me Anything'
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

So I found this thing...

Remember that writer from not long ago that came in and told us about posting personal images of Chloe? Well...

He did an AMA on Reddit! Link

He maybe mentioned GL I think at one point!

Comment

I go to bed and miss everything :(
        That was really funny in places
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I see a lot of Déjà vu 's here in this topic..

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
          Originally posted by pooky
          Yes guys, that's me and Stefan this past December -- I'm doing an AMA* on Reddit. Come join the chat.
          Great! As far as I can see, this is the link to it:

*AMA stands for 'Ask Me Anything'
          I go to bed and miss everything :(
          That was really funny in places
          The chat was already started a few hours after Mark's post here so I missed a lot too, and I spent half the night reading all the comments (now almost 1500 comments). A lot of questions were lame or ment to be funny but weren't and the comments in between from the users are annoying noise. The answers from Mark to some good questions were quite interesting and fun to read.
          It's difficult for a foreigner to read the chat and filter all the noise, so it can be a bit frustrating. If you're a native english speaker you be ok ;)
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Re: LazyNews

Yes guys, that's me and Stefan this past December -- I'm doing an AMA on Reddit. Come join the chat.

I have put the Q&A (questions and answers) in one document and I believe this is the right topic for it.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?88gd0c5d27bzhm5

Attached Files

Comment

Re: LazyNews

Good call, pooky. Reading reddit can be a bit messy...

Comment

Mark Valenti interview reddit

Last month Mark Valenti, head lazytown writer posted for people to ask him questions over on Reddit.
                http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y ... expensive/

Here are some of the Q&A so far, I recommend reading through the link above because there
                s alot of funny comments and more info:

[–]AkeleiLP 339 points 1 month ago
                My little brother used to watch this show, and I enjoyed the songs myself. Are you aware that the band Alestorm has covered 'You Are A Pirate'?
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 513 points 1 month ago
                "You Are A Pirate" has become a meme phenomenon that's for sure. The music is by Mani Svavarsson, the one-man orchestra who writes all music and the now-recognizable underscore for the show. The lyrics for Pirate were mostly written by Ken Pontac, a guy we brought in for a short time to help with a backlog. You might know Ken's work from "Happy Tree Friends."
                permalinkparent
                [–]johnau 423 points 1 month ago
                Wait, let me get this right. Someone watched a few episodes of Happy Tree Friends and went "yep, this is someone we want helping out on our kids show." Really?
                permalinkparent
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 272 points 1 month ago
                Well not really. You want people who are fast on their feet, can take a beating and keep on bleating. We only used Ken for the one episode, most of the first 35 were written by myself and Mark Zaslove, who also has a long pedigree in kids' tv. Over the years we've also done LazyTown Extra, they do live shows, and there may be a feature film in the works.

[–]Frajer 1280 points 1 month ago
                Did you ever see that Lil Jon video?
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 1117 points 1 month ago
                I think everybody on the crew has seen it. Hilarious. There are a lot of fans out there who remix the songs. I've written a lot of the lyrics and it's beyond bizarre to see what they become from time to time.
                permalinkparent
                [–]cschlau 390 points 1 month ago
                Glad to see you guys have a great sense of humor
                permalinkparent
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 600 points 1 month ago
                Before I broke into showbiz I wondered if people ever read the letters they received, or were aware of things people said about them or created in their name. Now I know - they see it all.
                permalinkparent
                [–]cschlau 180 points 1 month ago
                Haha, that's great. While I have you here, what do you think are some of the strangest children's television shows out there? Lazytown seems VERY tame compared to some of the weird out there...
                permalinkparent
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 257 points 1 month ago
                To me the weirdest ever was the Soupy Sales show, you can google it. It was on a long long time ago and was so bizarre. Clearly, he was entertaining himself and the crew as much as the kids.

[–]GroinSniper 122 points 1 month ago
                After filming wrapped up, would Magnus whip out a Mars bar and order a pizza?
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 181 points 1 month ago
                Let's just say that, like everyone, he experiences a wide range of culinary delights.
                permalinkparent
                [–]SherImOnlyIrish 396 points 1 month ago
                That means he eats people doesn't it...
                permalinkparent
                [–]GroinSniper 82 points 1 month ago
                Or does he mean he swings both ways?
                permalinkparent
                [–]MustangGuy 9 points 1 month ago
                PLEASE mean he swings both ways!

lmao!!!

[–]Clearly_a_fake_name 398 points 1 month ago
                How do you feel that Stefanie has become somewhat of an Internet Icon? How old is the actor? Because some people on the Internet seem to make "risky/questionable" jokes.
                Edit: I havn't seen LazyTown in years, and even then I was a late Teenager. It bothers me that I knew her name was Stefanie without goggling it.
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 595 points 1 month ago
                That was weird for all of us, but most particularly for Julianna and her family. It's only natural for viewers to extrapolate their own take on the shows they watch, but the level of pedobear rose so quickly, it took everybody by surprise. She was just a kid at the time, she took her career seriously, worked really hard. That whole risky/questionable part was just something to ignore.

[–]Clearly_a_fake_name 193 points 1 month ago
                Thanks for your response.
                I always wondered what it was like for people on the other end of that kind of treatment. Obviously certain websites and areas of the Internet find it pretty funny to add that kind of material to pictures, but it's difficult to think that Julianna would get the joke.
                Also, why is it "the most expensive" and have you seem the Lil John Music video of Lazy town?
                Dammit... I got to stop asking questions about this show.
                permalinkparent
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 236 points 1 month ago
                That kind of bizarro stuff started up again when we recast the part of Stephanie with our new actress this year. The fan base is pretty respectful but there are always a few.
                permalinkparent
                [–]bubonis 122 points 1 month ago
                That's something I've wondered....... Why recast Stephanie? That is to say, why did you cast another actress and give her Stephanie's identity versus giving her an altogether different identity?
                permalinkparent
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 205 points 1 month ago
                I actually pushed to have a new character come on board but after seeing Chloe play Stephanie I think this is the right way to go.
                permalinkparent
                [–]Azzwagon 71 points 1 month ago
                Wow, so you weren't fully satisfied with Julianna's Stephanie? I figured it had to do with her and college or something.
                permalinkparent
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 181 points 1 month ago
                No, this was after the initial shows were completed. I thought she was wonderful as Stephanie but she grew out of the role. And yes she's now in school I believe.

[–]whatdc 42 points 1 month ago
                Is Robbie really the #9 hero who was mentioned before Sportacus came to town?
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 63 points 1 month ago
                Nope. That whole number thing will be answered in the feature film.
                permalinkparent
                [–]geekinoutt 40 points 1 month ago
                When's the film due? Not that I'm anxiously waiting or anything...
                permalinkparent
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 57 points 1 month ago
                I've written one draft that I don't think will be used, and we keep talking about all kinds of approaches. Honest answer: I have no clue but I hope it's soon

[–]R3con 5 points 1 month ago
                Just wanted to say good work, my kid loves the show. He's 3 and is looking forward to starting football(soccer) this fall and eating his sports candies (orange slices) at half time.
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 6 points 1 month ago
                That's cool. We're shooting a football episode this year.

[–]nbinney 3 points 1 month ago
                How do you guys feel about YTMND.com's obsession with your show?
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 3 points 1 month ago
                I thought it was great, we used to search for the new ones back in the day

[–]jackdeath 2 points 1 month ago
                My roommate and I used to get really stoned and watch this show in college. So, thank you for being part of some of the most unproductive and entertaining hours of my university life.
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 10 points 1 month ago
                Did you play the drinking game? Wait for Sportacus to say "Someone's in trouble!" then chug your beer.

[–]picklehammer 2 points 1 month ago
                I am an adult who has seen most episodes and has a ton of the music on my ipod. My friends and I used to watch this together when it was a relatively new show and I have great memories of that. Why do you think this (and My Little Pony, I guess) resonates with adults so well when most modern children's shows don't?
                [–]jackdawkins[S] 3 points 1 month ago
                It's the same thing as the Brony phenomenon. The show is well produced, hopefully the writing holds up and I know the performances are solid.
                I look forward to the feature being produced and seeing how many adults like it. Might be a bit much on the big screen, who knows?

Comment

Re: Ask Mark Valenti (Writer) answers LT questions

Originally posted by merlin55
                  Last month Mark Valenti, head lazytown writer posted for people to ask him questions over on Reddit.
                  http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y ... expensive/

Here are some of the Q&A so far, I recommend reading through the link above because there
                  s alot of funny comments and more info:
                  Thanks for the info again. It was a great reading indeed.
                  We were aware of that at the time it was on Reddit, he announced it himself here on Getlazy ;)

(Edit: I will combine these posts soon)

Comment

Re: Ask Mark Valenti (Writer) answers LT questions

Oh! totally overlooked it. thanks pooky! :) Well if all his responses and such are backed up ill continue reading them and leave the rest of this up to you guys thanks :)

Comment

Working...
                    X