Magnus probably not in movie and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus probably not in movie and beyond

I got here one of the most read free newspapers of this country today with Sportacus and Stephanie (Magnus and Julianna) on the frontpage. I've never seen that newspaper so colorfull

The article talks about the show and quotes Magnus and Chloe. Most of the stuff is familiar for everyone so I won't bore you with that. It ends with some quotes of Magnus saying he would love to make a movie because the episodes are only less than half an hour. He said: "We are working on the movie right now". If he's the one playing Sportacus in the movie, that is the question (the article says). Magnus: "I say goodbye to the role of Sportacus. I don't want to be too long in that costume, like Elvis did. We need a new superactive hero."
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Magnus probably not in movie and beyond

at first JR and now Maggi...Lazytown without the dream team is going to die slowly
    Gallery

Comment

I'm actually not surprised by this. It isn't the first time he's said he won't be Sportacus forever, and considering the success of the stage play, he doesn't have to be.

Comment

If Magnus isn't in the movie then I'm definately not going out of my way to see it, I would be able to sympathise with Robbie's usual disgust though.
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I support this.

Comment

Magnus probably not in movie and beyond

It seems like the film would be a way for Magnus to bow out of the role, which means he would be in it.

Comment

Either way I'm depressed, if he's not in the movie then by association he wont be in season 4, and if his last appearance is in the movie, then it's his LAST appearance.

Comment

That is sad news. Magnus is a keystone of Lazy Town. I hope at the very least, he's Sportacus in the movie. If he ends up passing the torch to someone new and keeps the continuity strong, all I can do is support him and cheer the new person on, as well as the rest of the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                  if he's not in the movie then by association he wont be in season 4
                  He'll be in S4. It will come out before the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                    Magnus is a keystone of Lazy Town.
                    That's mainly because he created the series. Were it not that someone convinced him to play Íþróttaálfurinn in the first play, it probably would have been someone else we see now. (Feel free to correct me here, but I have read this in many places and one interview with Magnus.) Even still, the TV series was originally supposed to be all puppets but weren't, which shows that his playing the part isn't completely necessary. And like I said, the stage play has done just fine with other people filling the role.

Comment

Even though I like Chloe, I miss Julianna so much already. I don't think I can handle Magnús getting out of the show. I know he's almost 50 years old, but he's a hero, he can do it even in his 60s. When I saw the promo for season 3, the first think I thought was about Julianna replacement, but then I realized how impressive it is for a 48 years old man to do all those moves and acrobatics.

I hope not, but if it happens, I'll probably keep watching LazyTown for the attachment I already have with Chloe, but part of me will always be sad remembering Julianna and Magnús.

Comment

Originally posted by melissaIvory View Post
                        the TV series was originally supposed to be all puppets but weren't, which shows that his playing the part isn't completely necessary.
                        A back flipping puppet wouldn't be the same.

I think I get more depressed over when my escapism outlets change rather than real life, because I don't know about you, but I've known real life sucked since I was 4, but from the outside looking in, escapism could in theory be anything and go anywhere, but you need real life to create escapism (time, money etc) which are restrictions, which starts me off on a vicious circle.
                        Also, if Magnus had never put pen to paper or whatever, this forum wouldn't exist and I wouldn't have met some of my favourite people, so hurry up and leave the role now Sir, you're just a stopgap in the grand scheme of things, NOT.
                        Wonder if they will choose an American, then there will be no more of that in no way charming pronouncing vegetables as "wedge-tables" and very as "vury".

Comment

If he wasn't as well known now from the Star Trek reboot, they could get Anton Yelchin (Chekov) to do it. I've heard him speak with a few different accents and he's pretty good. He's from Russia but I'd say from interviews he has a non-accent these days (meaning it'd be hard to figure out where he's from).

In all seriousness, if Magnus wants to step back and perhaps focus more on the stories, direction and overall theme of the show to keep improving it, I see that as a plus (am speculating on his aspiration in going forward). On the other hand, he's been easing more out of the big acrobatic moves in favor of having a stuntman do them. Wondering why, barring burnout on being Sportacus, could he not continue to do that? (I mean, we did have Indy Jones again in his late 60's.)

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                            ..pronouncing vegetables as "wedge-tables" and very as "vury".
                            Gosh yes, please let it be someone from icelandic with an accent.

They shouldn't continue with the number ten, but go on with the number 11 as new Sportacus. Let's hope they aren't that stupid.
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                              Gosh yes, please let it be someone from icelandic with an accent.

They shouldn't continue with the number ten, but go on with the number 11 as new Sportacus. Let's hope they aren't that stupid.
                              Yeah, this is what I thought upon reading the news!

Honestly, I can totally understand him not wanting to do it any more. And it's not like he will be gone forever or anything, he'll still be heavily involved in LTE, just not acting. Of course I'd be sad to see him leave the screen, but I feel the same way as I did with Julianna. These things happen, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X