Stephanie's split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephanie's split

I remember from the previous episodes, the pilot and also the latibaer plays that Stephanie's split was so characteristic for her. It was even mentioned at the end of the "I Can Move" song. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see that in the third season anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shallwecomparebetter[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	152769
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Stephanie's split

I don't remember much splits in the second season either.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      I don't see that in the third season anymore.
      Good point, maybe it's because they don't want kids copying and hurting themselves, but probably not as they show Sportacus flipping and jumping out of his airship from a great height (!) maybe it's to do with unfortunate upskirt shots, they haven't shown a full Bing Bang routine either.
      They should bring it back, I saw it so much in the first seasons it inspired me to learn how to do it.

She did a split in the air in Who's Who, that's about it.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I know she could do the split in the air. I saw that also in those competing shows of her and some of the 'pivate' photo's. It could be one of the arguements you mentioned or LazyTown decided not to because of the unnatural poses. Who knows. We can ask that in next interview with Magnus :)
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

They did this before. Did anyone ever try to learn the Bing Bang "under"-move with LazyTown Extra 7? Not possible.
          But if LTE decided to steam down the dancing for reasons of moral panic anyway, why the hall did they choose a girl that is capable of dancing indecently, yet evinces no other talent at äll? Why, LTE, why?

Comment

Because of the series, I've always wanted to learn to do the split. I think the producers are avoiding the new Stephanie doing the split because some may consider slightly inappropriate. As it was pointed out, the Bing Bang dance in the new season is not even being fully shown because of some moves we know from the first and second seasons.

Comment

There is also no interaction between Sportacus and Stephanie anymore, if I'm not mistaken. Is this deemed inappropriate either?
              Hum, yes, Sportacus justs dwells in his airship and only descends to save and subsequently lecture the children. Not?*)

*) I really don't know for sure. I couldn't bring myself to rewatch the new episodes as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus View Post
                There is also no interaction between Sportacus and Stephanie anymore, if I'm not mistaken. Is this deemed inappropriate either?
                Maybe, that's something else I kept seeing idiots, sorry, people complaining about "it's wrong! he's a paedo!" etc etc etc.

Comment

I hope we do get to do another Magnus interview one day, as I really want to know the answer to this question, and I would also like to ask "is every song from now on going to be a Stephanie song? or will other characters get songs?" but I don't want to go off topic.

Comment

She could almost do a split standing up

Click image for larger version

Name:	splits.png
Views:	1
Size:	573.5 KB
ID:	147436
                    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Yeah that was pretty awesome. I guess if its harder for the new actress it makes sense we see less of them, but I really do hope its not over some moral panic, because that'd be really sad.

It'd also sent the message that girls have to be delicate flowers and be careful all the time not to show too much lest someone take offence instead of letting them play and be active and engage in sports without hesitation, which imho goes against the message LazyTown is meant to carry out.

Comment

Originally posted by APairOfSocks View Post
                        I really do hope its not over some moral panic, because that'd be really sad.
                        It'd also sent the message that girls have to be delicate flowers and be careful all the time not to show too much lest someone take offence instead of letting them play and be active and engage in sports without hesitation, which imho goes against the message LazyTown is meant to carry out.
                        Yes! well said, totally agree.

Comment

She is so graceful...

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                            She could almost do a split standing up

Comment

Free standing split please
                              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment