Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Nick: You Can't Do That on Television (1979-90)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Nick: You Can't Do That on Television (1979-90)

(Warning for extreme 80's hair and fashion. )

I used to check youtube for clips of this show a few years back and stopped. Low and behold, I find the motherload this evening. This show was filmed in Canada from 1979 to 1990, and was a comedy sketch show comprised mainly of teenagers. When it ran on Nickelodeon it's what gave that network the idea to dump green slime on people. When folks said "I don't know", they got slimed. When they said "water", well...they got very wet.

One of my favorite sketches is at Barth's restaurant. He doesn't have good hygiene and does oddly gross things to the food he serves (burgers). I guess it was the gross out factor that I found hilarious as a teen.

Interesting Note: This is where Alanis Morissette got her start in film.

Re: Retro Nick: You Can't Do That on Television (1979-90)

I didn't know that about the slime. The earliest Nick show I can remember is Double Dare. This show looks like fun.

Comment

Oh man, I loved Double Dare! That show started in the late 80's. For those that haven't seen it, it's an obstacle course gameshow for kids with lots of green slime involved. DD got that from YCDTOTV as well, and I'm glad they went with it. Made for a great kids show, and I think they may have something like it at the Nickelodeon hotels.

Comment

YCDTOT Was alright. Love that it had Alanis Morissette

Comment

Working...
        X