X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What DONT you Like About Lazytown?

Originally posted by Rorrie Botten View Post
    The timescale and physics.

Sometimes a ball will be kicked or thrown somewhere, and it will stay up in the air for as much as 30 seconds, when in reality, it would have landed in about 5.

(Then some smaller things, like during Galaxy, with huge planetary bodies, NOT WEARING HELMETS WHILE IN SPACE; Dancing on the Moon isn't so realistic either, with a jet powered ship that goes to the moon, while we all know that jet engines need oxygen to run; During dancing dreams when a suitcase folds out "wings" and they can fly it in as if it were a real plane [despite it being as aerodynamic as a brick]; The EXTREME speeds that the airship can travel at [Possibly over mach 1, and over mach 10 during the episode where Sportacus runs out of water, and has to go to iceland in ~1 second]; How shadows all radiate outwards from the center of Lazytown, etc.)
    The most unrealistic part in Dancing on the Moon is when they show the rocket landing on the moon. The rocket is noticeable from a 'full view' of the moon - how goddamn big do they think the moon is? The height of a skyscraper?

And yeah, as you said, the second worst is the 'pedal-powered' fan-based engines that both Sportacus' ship and Pixel's rocket use.

Comment

I don't like that they don't talk about family. They never mention, dad, or mom, or brothers, or sisters. They never bring them up which indicates that there is no adult guidance for the most part.
      Only Steph refers to Uncle and he sometimes gives advice.
      They are like alone in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey2001 View Post
        I don't like that they don't talk about family. They never mention, dad, or mom, or brothers, or sisters. They never bring them up which indicates that there is no adult guidance for the most part.
        I've never considered that, but perhaps it's to help normalize the wide range of families that exist. No mention of parents or siblings probably makes it way easier for every child watching to relate.

Comment

Sportacus is everyone's parent.

Comment

In Lazytown, there is no gender. There are just people who are Sportacus, and people who are not Sportacus.

Comment

This thread.

I like LazyTown but this is the only part I don’t like about this forum.

Comment

there isn't much I don't like, there are certainly mistakes made but I feel like most of them are forgivable so I really can't pick something in particular that I dislike.

Comment

any song that has the phrase, "me and you"

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
                    Season 4 Pixel - where he's like WAAAY too gifted (what kind of kid builds a rocket?!)
                    Robbie also built a rocket, and Pixel's always had about the same level of technological finesse as Robbie, if not more.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mickey2001 View Post
                    Stingy's father is mentioned once.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtter View Post
                      Stingy's father is mentioned once.
                      "It's Mine! Well, No... But it might be my father's."
                      milford nearly falls from tree

Comment

What DONT you Like About Lazytown?

I don't HATE lots of these things being mentioned per say, such as the weird physics and ridiculous timing. His airship timing him as he rushes to complete a task that clearly took longer....cutting up a falling banana with a ping-pong paddle.....etc.

I find it annoying season 2 held back more on certain things such as Robbie rhyming through his disguises.

Comment

There are a lot of things I don't like. The characters are very horribly developed, just like the stories.
                          Also the puppets and live action, yuck. But I still find it quite entertaining, and for everything that 2004 lacks, there is 1995+.

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post
                            Also the puppets and live action, yuck.
                            If the puppets were live action, then you'd likely have unprofessionalism/poor acting/lack of chemistry, all 5 of them growing up simultaneously, and 5x the hate when they inevitably get replaced.

Comment

That's not my point, I just think animation would've been much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BatCubed View Post
                                I don't like how often the kids pick on Robbie. I kind of want him to get a break sometimes!
                                I agree. An example of one of these situations where Robbie doesn’t get a break (IMO) is in Ghost Stoppers. The kids seem so nice yet they’re ruthless with that pink sludge. In the song, even Sportacus has to save Robbie from getting himself hurt!

Comment

Working...
                                X